Author Topic: Tell me about the Texas Mile track surface conditions  (Read 3682 times)

Offline roadsterswap

Tell me about the Texas Mile track surface conditions
« on: December 31, 2006, 08:38:42 PM »
I have heard that the track is pretty smooth. Could I please get some confirmation from those who have run on the surface. We are planning on bringing out Jack Costella's Nebulous Theroum III liner  for some testing. It is very low and does not have suspension. I want to be sure that we will not bottom out on the track. Any information would be very appreciated. I would hate to make the trip to find out it is too rough to run. Thanks.

Offline bbb

• Aerodynamically Challenged
  • JorNic Motorsports
    • JorNic Motorsports, Charlottesville, Va.
Re: Tell me about the Texas Mile track surface conditions
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2006, 11:17:20 PM »
As long as you have an 1" of clearance, you will be fine. I had 2" of clearance on my busa and had zero issues. very clean all concrete with no major cracks, no potholes and the biggest obstacle you will run into is a head wind. dont think a head wind will be troublesome for you folks. pea sized gravel gently litters the return and pit areas.

very low key out there. bring a copy of the SCTA rule book with you so the tech guys no what to look for. not a lot of liners have run out there. the one I know of who did run last year had major "mechanical/construction" issues. no chute, fire you name it...

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2007, 12:16:11 PM »
It was actually what Navy guys call a bounce strip. App. 2000' concrete pads on each end with 5000' of extremely smooth asphalt in between. at least it was in 2001 when I was checking it out and talking to the county about it. with 1500' of gravel over run off each end.. was the best condition of any old mil. strips I checked out in TX and NM.
Miss LIBERTY,  changing T.K.I.  to noise, dust, rust, BLUE HATS & hopefully not scrap!!

"Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing."   Helen Keller

We are going to explore the racing N words NITROUS & NITRO!

79ZCAR

« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2007, 10:28:56 AM »
That is our "hometown" course.  We've run both a roadster and a full bodied car out there.  Track is very smooth with no holes and the only cracks are expansion joints in the concrete.  Will be great to see you out there!