Author Topic: Harris and Wester Gas Coupe  (Read 3189 times)

Offline smitty2

• Worlds fastest miniature Pachyderm.
Harris and Wester Gas Coupe
« on: December 24, 2006, 12:14:09 AM »
Just checking out the November Racing News, and saw the picture of the #675 Camero ( Congrats on the record by the way! ) of Harris and Wester team. I was wondering if anyone could give me some info on the engine they are using... Jimmy, or Chev, or what? What type of head being used? It certainly looks like an interesting combo with a newer car / older engine set up.

Thanks, and Merry Christmas everyone!         Smitty

Offline glc311

• Road Runners (SCTA)
Re: Harris and Wester Gas Coupe
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2006, 02:24:26 AM »
The Harris and Wester Camaro is owned by fellow Road Runners members. Engine is a 302 GMC at about 323 cu. in.  Runs an Arias 12 port head with Hillborn injection. Different and very fast engine / body combination. Very well prepared racecar. More info about their very successful year and a couple of pictures of the car on the Road Runners website. (If interested, you can link to the Road Runners site from the SCTA-BNI website by clicking on the link under the Road Runners listing in the Clubs section.)

Offline smitty2

• Worlds fastest miniature Pachyderm.
Re: Harris and Wester Gas Coupe
« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2006, 05:01:20 PM »
 Thanks glc311! I thought I had recognized the car from speed week this year! I took a picture, but I was so busy trying to take in every single thing that I didn't check it out too close. Hopefully the picture I took will show up on this post... But anyway, the whole idea of building something out of the ordinary really gives me some ideas :-D