Author Topic: Snowed In  (Read 11794 times)

Offline Bob Drury

Re: Snowed In
« Reply #15 on: December 21, 2006, 01:26:10 PM »
Dan, it depends on wether you want the stripe in or out.........By the way, the reason Bob Dole lost the election to Bill Clinton, is when they asked him if he wore boxers or briefs, his answer was "Depends".  I know, I know, its a oldie but a goodie... and speaking of Dolan,..................... :wink: :wink: :wink:
Bob Drury

landracing

« Reply #16 on: December 21, 2006, 02:09:17 PM »

Offline poppy

• New folks
« Reply #17 on: December 21, 2006, 02:24:56 PM »
Jon,

If you are planning on driving to Minnesota, you might want to check on the weather. It is raining and turning to wet snow from the Twin Cities down into the southern part of the state. I do not know what it is like in Iowa and Nebraska.

Poppy

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Nancy and me and the pit bike
  • Administrator
  • Nancy -- 201.913 mph record on a production ZX15!
    • Nancy and Jon's personal website.
« Reply #18 on: December 21, 2006, 02:29:53 PM »
I gotta ask this question, Jon, even though I'm pretty sure I know what your response will be.

Your photos show cars parked outside -- and what sure looks like a garage just a few feet in front of the cars.

Up here in Marquette we put the cars inside whe we're expecting snow -- you don't have to sweep or shovel them that way.  Maybe we need to send a delegation of Yoopers to Colorado to teach you folks these winter tricks, hey?

(Watch, folks -- he's going to make some lame excuse like "I can't put the cars in the garage -- that's where the race bike lives!").
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

landracing

« Reply #19 on: December 21, 2006, 02:55:55 PM »
Garages are for, more important items, yes Race stuff. Even if we parked them in garage we still have a 4 1/2 foot drift in front of garage. See less shoveling...

Jon

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Nancy and me and the pit bike
  • Administrator
  • Nancy -- 201.913 mph record on a production ZX15!
    • Nancy and Jon's personal website.
« Reply #20 on: December 21, 2006, 03:47:48 PM »
We park the snowplow last in/first out in our garage when we're expecting 4 1/2 foot drifts.  Fortunately we only get that much snow a few times during the average winter -- anything less than a couple of feet isn't worth hassling with until we get home later that evening.

Have a safe trip.
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

landracing

« Reply #21 on: December 21, 2006, 05:48:05 PM »
Salt Fever I tell you.

Offline Glen

• Global Moderator
  • SCTA/BNI timer 1983 to 2004, Retired,. Crew on Tur
« Reply #22 on: December 22, 2006, 10:52:54 AM »
I heard Jon A. hired Jon W. to plow a road out of Denver all the way up north for more snow. Wonder if it's a two way deal. Seems as the motorcycle has priority for the garage and the poor wife has to shovel the driveway and clean off her car to go to work. Damn even a car port would help Jon. Hope you get to make the trip and have a great Christmas. :-D
Glen
Crew on Turbinator II

South West, Utah

Offline smitty2

• Worlds fastest miniature Pachyderm.
« Reply #23 on: December 22, 2006, 07:37:25 PM »
We rarely get snow here, but in the last 2 weeks we have been awarded 2 wind storms... First one clocked 122mph at the weather station 1/2 mile away from my house, but the second one only hit 114mph. Nothing like eating chili that has been cooked over a Coleman lantern!
In this area garbage cans are allowed to exceed the 55mph speed limit, and they also have the right of way on the highway :-D
 Even the evergreens are naked here.....    Smitty

Offline russ jensen

« Reply #24 on: December 23, 2006, 01:06:56 AM »
 :-Dhard to beleive but no snow here in N Ia. just rain so far, going to be a short winter this year, just disced corn stalks a coup;e days ago before rain & drizzle set in.
speed is expensive-how fast do you want to go?-to soon old & to late smart.