Author Topic: Questions from the 'unsalted'  (Read 2511 times)

roadtrip

Questions from the 'unsalted'
« on: December 20, 2006, 04:42:52 PM »
What about a section just for basic questions from 'newbies, rookies, first-timers' - whatever?
Seems as if there are lots of new guy questions and they all get replies but they're spread out in different topics.

The forum is great, full of information and appreciated  --- a new section was just a thought.

Thanks, DonS

Offline JackD

• NOBODY'S FOOL
Re: Questions from the 'unsalted'
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2006, 05:17:32 PM »
Most important they do get answers promptly.
Some answers will direct you to the appropriate committee chair with varying degrees of accuracy and success.
Most are handled pretty well around here.
Some are more accurate and complete than others but you can bet if the answer from your peers is wrong, it won't spend much time before it is corrected and elaborated on.
One advantage you have here is it will be reviewed by hundreds of years of experience that is uncommon to many Motor sports and also serves to answer question that some were reluctant to ask. :wink:
"I would rather lose going fast enough to win than win going slow enough to lose."
"That horrible smell is dirty feet being held to the fire"

roadtrip

« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2006, 05:56:59 PM »
Absoutely - no question about the quality or quantity of response, I just thought that since most of them were of general rookie interest, having them grouped together might make sense.
No problem --- I'm learning from all the topics everyday.

Thaks
DonS

Offline JackD

• NOBODY'S FOOL
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2006, 07:13:51 PM »
It don't hurt them  "OLD  TIMERS" to look around a bit past their nose to see what else is going on.
Not just Glen or Glen either !   LOL
"I would rather lose going fast enough to win than win going slow enough to lose."
"That horrible smell is dirty feet being held to the fire"