Author Topic: Sidecar rule 7.I.11 for 2008?  (Read 24996 times)

Offline Nortonist 592

• http://www.artfv.com/design/fashion/
Re: Sidecar rule 7.I.11 for 2008?
« Reply #75 on: December 30, 2006, 05:05:58 PM »
I e-mailed Russ O'Daly three days ago to ask what was the reason for the proposed change.  So far no answer.  Glad I wasn't holding my breath.
Get off the stove Grandad.  You're too old to be riding the range.

Offline JackD

• NOBODY'S FOOL
« Reply #76 on: December 30, 2006, 05:14:56 PM »
There could have been no thinking for that rule change and others except for a very narrow objective..
Communication with them is not any more effective than "Winking at a girl in the dark."
"I would rather lose going fast enough to win than win going slow enough to lose."
"That horrible smell is dirty feet being held to the fire"

Offline JackD

• NOBODY'S FOOL
« Reply #77 on: December 31, 2006, 11:36:25 AM »
The proposed 15 inch wheel minimum has the same validity as many other changes without prior consultation or notice that is so contrary to courteous and published practice.
To paraphrase a quote from one of the rulers " I don't read Landracing because it is a stupid conversation". (The actual quote is a bit longer but equally bright)
It makes me wonder, what else he doesn't read and maybe he really does?
Where should I list that one that is so far above you in the Adninisphere ? :roll:

"If you can't think it through, ask somebody."
"I would rather lose going fast enough to win than win going slow enough to lose."
"That horrible smell is dirty feet being held to the fire"

Offline Carl Johansson

« Reply #78 on: December 31, 2006, 06:19:58 PM »
OK - what am I missing here?  as I read the rule Dan posted - ( I included it here as a quote) it specifically excludes the side car wheel from the 15 inch rule.  as I read it the 15 inches applies to the motorcycle -  not the wheel on the sidecar -  am I reading this wrong?

"7.B.10 Wheels:  Wheels must have a minimum nominal rim diameter of 15?, except sidecar wheel and wheels on streamliners.  It is highly recommended that strict attention be paid to wheel alignment, wheel balance, spoke tension, and tire run-out. Solid front wheels are not allowed.  It is REQUIRED that front wheels be cross ventilated by an area equal to at least 25% of nominal rim circle area. Solid rear wheels are allowed.  No wheel discs are permitted."

The above is from the proposed M/C changes. The changes are to be voted by the new, 2007, board at the 01/05 meeting. The wording is blue is the change.

DW
Carl Johansson
 Auberry Ca

Offline Nortonist 592

• http://www.artfv.com/design/fashion/
« Reply #79 on: December 31, 2006, 08:31:15 PM »
You've read it right.  The proposed change applies only to the motorcycle wheel size.  Its a change that doesn't need to be made and so far there has been no reason offered for the change.  One can only surmise a whim.  I would like to add a question to his.  If a change as profound as wheel size is to be enacted why do we only get a couple of months to get the change made?  How much furor would be raised if the roadster committee announced in January that all roadsters had to have independent rear suspension for the May meet?
« Last Edit: January 05, 2007, 12:24:58 AM by Nortonist 592 »
Get off the stove Grandad.  You're too old to be riding the range.