Author Topic: FIM classes  (Read 16514 times)

bak189

Re: FIM classes
« Reply #30 on: July 02, 2007, 10:08:30 PM »
Well said, Jon

landracing

« Reply #31 on: July 02, 2007, 10:24:27 PM »
I also forgot to add that one of the better things that has happened was the timing of the event. NO missed times. Not an issue. Rice brothers have been great for the event, their equipment and timing procedures have never been in question... And a improvement that was well made...

Jon

Offline JackD

• NOBODY'S FOOL
« Reply #32 on: July 03, 2007, 12:24:13 AM »
I also forgot to add that one of the better things that has happened was the timing of the event. NO missed times. Not an issue. Rice brothers have been great for the event, their equipment and timing procedures have never been in question... And a improvement that was well made...

Jon

That is curious because their were never any missed times from the beginning.
 All the confusion was generated by the lack of experience on the part of the AMA people that had never seen an LSR event before.
The result of the clocking was always done with lab certified equipment and years of experience watching over the process.
The pace of the event was subject to the abilities of the inexperienced.
You might ask Bob B. about how many false starts and delays he had to endure.
And perhaps Fritz Kott can speak of the failures that resulted from the inattention of the AMA clerk that had to verify all the entry information before every run with many calls to registration on radios that failed. :wink:

"Complex speculation is often cured by simply asking." (me again)

"Speculation
"I would rather lose going fast enough to win than win going slow enough to lose."
"That horrible smell is dirty feet being held to the fire"

bak189

« Reply #33 on: July 03, 2007, 01:08:11 AM »
Jack, is right the first BUB certainly had it's problems......I did not race the first BUB, but worked the short course starting line........part of the time the radios did not work....yes, we had our problems.....but each of the following years things got better......for 2007 there will be 2  courses, this should allow the smaller displacement bikes and the RWB to get more rides down the salt.
I expect with the BUB now in it's 4th year most of the problems have been resolved and the event should run without any major hick-ups

landracing

« Reply #34 on: July 03, 2007, 01:15:07 AM »
Thats funny, I never said the anybody missed times, I just stated there were no missed times.

Second is we "Assume" the  "Timer Then" and "Timer now" have equal equipment and capabilities, and no times were missed, the second event yeilded about three times as many runs as the first event.... Dont look now,, the event is getting bigger and better... Despite the negativity you give it, you make it sound like it's a flop, its growing and this year will be another increase in entries...

Jon
« Last Edit: July 03, 2007, 01:19:09 AM by landracing »

Offline 1212FBGS

• http://www.motobody.com
« Reply #35 on: July 03, 2007, 01:40:44 AM »
I'll give bub a big thumbs up... he is the only one sticking his neck out, his nads on the line and his money where his mouth is... all you smart LSR guys out there know that as air speed doubles drag increases 4 times... and all you smart business guys know that as business doubles the pain in the ass factor increases 4 times.... so do ya think Dennis is any different? I've been asked alot this year by alot of people "should i race speed week or the Bub event?" Its a simple answer from me.... "F" it race em both! I'll give bub a big thumbs up!
kent