Author Topic: kingbearings  (Read 1663 times)

Offline russ jensen

kingbearings
« on: December 10, 2006, 10:08:01 PM »
 :?Has anybody out there had experiance with king bearings?? good - bad??  Just had a federal rod brng flake up & ruin a journal on one of my 392 hemis, didn't think much of fed to start with but all could get @ time. can still find cl 77's but rather pricey! any feedback will be apreciated..
speed is expensive-how fast do you want to go?-to soon old & to late smart.

Offline Don Brent

• New folks
Re: kingbearings
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2006, 12:41:01 AM »
:?Has anybody out there had experiance with king bearings?? good - bad??  Just had a federal rod brng flake up & ruin a journal on one of my 392 hemis, didn't think much of fed to start with but all could get @ time. can still find cl 77's but rather pricey! any feedback will be apreciated..

I haven't used them (I race flatheads and they didn't list full floaters for them.) but I have sold them a couple of years ago.  (I used to work a few hours a week doing some outside sales for a machine shop after I retired.)  My experience is that King Bearings are repackaged.  A lot of stuff was imported and some of the Japanese bearings were OE.  Most was good quality.  Perhaps they manufacture their domestic parts or maybe they outsource everything.  Ask your supplier to look at the brg.  I will probably have the manufacturer stamped on it by the size.
Don

Someday I have to give up on flatheads.