Author Topic: New Motorcycle Head of Tech?  (Read 8269 times)

landracing

New Motorcycle Head of Tech?
« on: December 05, 2006, 02:07:21 AM »
Did I hear a rumor correct that there is a NEW Chief Motorcycle Tech inspector??? Bob Moreland??? Did Russ step down??

Jon

Super Kaz

Re: New Motorcycle Head of Tech?
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2006, 10:08:08 AM »
Did I hear a rumor correct that there is a NEW Chief Motorcycle Tech inspector??? Bob Moreland??? Did Russ step down??

Jon

Wow Very Cool 8-)! Can you find out for sure as I need a Little Guidence :? with my new Bike :wink:!

P.S JackD can I call you today????? :?

dwarner

« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2006, 11:45:54 AM »
I see that Russ O'Daley & Tom Evans remain on the board. What does this mean?

DW

Offline jimmy six

« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2006, 02:40:24 PM »
I am glad to see the 2007 appointed board with a least one new face. Of the 7, 3 are M/C competitors. Tom Evans also owns a roadster and Bob Moreland is building one so actually I see them as looking to represent all of us.

Bob has been asking a lot of questions since coming to this organization a few years back and even though he wears a couple of nice "hats" he didn't leave like many do. I'm sure he must have stepped up when the word went out for volunteers and went thru the interview process with the elected board.

The others on the appointed board are very hard workers along with many who where either not asked or gladly stepped away to make room for others. I hope that they will still continue to help.

In my 30 years I've watched many and no matter who they were the association continued and I'm sure it will stay that way. Way too many of us enjoy this too much even with the costs and the lines.
I do not believe we will see any drastic changes and I don't expect any. Smooth transitions do the least damage to fragile egos. Good luck to them and all of us........JD
First GMC 6 powered Fuel roadster over 200, with 2 red hats. Pit crew for Patrick Tone's Super Stock #49 Camaro

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Nancy and me and the pit bike
  • Administrator
  • Nancy -- 201.913 mph record on a production ZX15!
    • Nancy and Jon's personal website.
« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2006, 04:45:20 PM »
Isn't there a difference between the title/job of "Chief motorcycle inspector" and "Chief of Motorcycle Technical Committee" (or something like that)?  Like wasn't Tom the "inspector" and Russ the Tech Committee honcho?

I don't have my rulebook handy to look it up, and if I go to the SCTA website I'll lose this post and have to start it all over, so instead I'll ask the question and let you fellas have at it.

And, if my surmise (above) is correct, and if, indeed, Bob Moreland now is one or the other of them, which one is he?
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

landracing

« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2006, 05:52:16 PM »
Bob Moreland was put on the appointed board.

Other two stay the same...

Thanks to all of them for the hard work. Had a good talk with Bob today, very level headed and always want's to hear what you have to say from a technical standpoint.

Jon

bak189

« Reply #6 on: December 05, 2006, 07:19:10 PM »
Anybody who rides a twin-engine Harley to over 200mph is my HERO.
(and to top it off he also races a sidecar at times........can things get any better?????)

Offline firemanjim

« Reply #7 on: December 08, 2006, 11:10:07 PM »
Jon, you can open more than one browser window at a time,donchaknow??Just click on your inernet icon again.Your computer can do more than one thing at a time---unlike some of us.
Bonneville 2001,2002,2003,2004,and NO stinking 2005,DLRA 2006, next?
Well,sure can't complain about 2008--6 records over 200 and 5 hats from Bonneville,Bubs, and El Mirage for the team!

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: December 09, 2006, 11:38:17 AM »
Well, Jim,yeah,sorta, you were right.  It takes at least two clicks to open another Internet window -- first "file", then "new window".

Maybe for IE folks one click would do it --with OSX & Firefox it took two.  Whatever, I'll try to remember the lesson you've offered me.

Season snowfall total here:  47.9", about 10" ahead of "normal".
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

Offline Dean Los Angeles

« Reply #9 on: December 09, 2006, 12:52:19 PM »
"Snow". I've heard of that stuff. The last time it really snowed here was 1949.
It was 85 a couple of days ago.

NO! Don't load up that station wagon and come here!
Well, it used to be Los Angeles . . . 50 miles north of Fresno now.
Just remember . . . It isn't life or death.
It's bigger than life or death! It's RACING.

Offline RidgeRunner

« Reply #10 on: December 09, 2006, 11:48:28 PM »
     Grab all you can as it's passing by Jon less I'll have to deal with, lovin' this winter so far [knock knock], just one dusting here on the ridge.  Never remember seeing the grass green here in Dec like this year [then again could be that CRS].  Maybe the green and new board is a sign of better times to come for the bikes [can't shout it too loud, current project involvement has 4 wheels].

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Administrator
« Reply #11 on: December 10, 2006, 11:22:45 AM »
Dean, we could move this to a different topic/thread, but there's no way I'd move away from here.  We live on a parcel of land that's about 6 city blocks in area -- nearest neighbor is 1/4 mile away, about 100 residents in the four square mile "neighborhood.  Do you think I'm crazy -  that I would move to a place where there are people?  Snow's just a pleasant way to keep out the riff-raff.

So I'll fire your response back at you -- load the station wagon with the kids, come vacation here in paradise, spend all your money, then go home to noise and pollution and a place where air conditioning is required.  Oh, yeah, we get all the moisture we need via rain and snow -- don't need to pipe it in from 200 miles away.

Okay. Back to talking about Moreland, O'Daly, and Evans.  It'll be good to have someone that's actively racing bikes on the SCTA board.  Not that the others aren't valuable -- but it's good to hear that someone that's been in line right next to me just last year -- will be doing what he can to get my voice, my opinions, my needs presented and considered.
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

Offline Freud

« Reply #12 on: December 10, 2006, 06:00:31 PM »
Does the weather report that you posted allow me to conclude that you have now started wearing a thong under your chaps?

FREUD
Since '63

Offline Glen

• Global Moderator
  • SCTA/BNI timer 1983 to 2004, Retired,. Crew on Tur
« Reply #13 on: December 10, 2006, 06:02:13 PM »
Hey Freud, that would only inhance his vertical smile. :roll:
Glen
Crew on Turbinator II

South West, Utah

Super Kaz

« Reply #14 on: December 10, 2006, 06:05:04 PM »
Anybody who rides a twin-engine Harley to over 200mph is my HERO.
(and to top it off he also races a sidecar at times........can things get any better?????)

He's got a pretty Sweet Rig and Pit Crew too :mrgreen:!
That Sidehack of His Bite though :oops:.......