Author Topic: electric bike  (Read 2499 times)

Offline hawkwind

electric bike
« on: December 04, 2006, 05:20:46 AM »
I have just finished speaking with a new team over here ,they are putting together an electric powered bike for 07,has anyone in the states done this yet ? 144vdc motor with dry cell battries ,fitted inand around an old KZ1000 kawka,team consists of  2 young blokes ,I m looking forward to seeing how it performs  :-)
Gary
slower than most

Offline JackD

• NOBODY'S FOOL
Re: electric bike
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2006, 08:15:26 AM »
Mike Corbin from Somersville , Conn., set an AMA record in 1974 at Bonneville at 165.367.
It was forgotten but not gone at the BUB / AMA meet and replaced with a much slower number.
"I would rather lose going fast enough to win than win going slow enough to lose."
"That horrible smell is dirty feet being held to the fire"

Offline smitty2

• Worlds fastest miniature Pachyderm.
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2006, 12:13:13 PM »
 Hawkwind,
 Do you know if these guys are using any type of speed controller? I've been working on a "RPV", or Remote Piloted Vehical. It uses 2 wheel chair motors running 24 volts. Problem is the Pulse width modulator speed controllers can't handle the amperage for any length of time. I took them out of these Chinese electric skooters that are "currently" (Sorry... Pun intended.) flooding the market over here, and they only last a few minutes at best.
 Thanks!                 
             Smitty

Offline jauguston

« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2006, 08:42:58 PM »
Take a look over at nedra.com. Those guys drag race full size electric cars. They have some monster controllers.

One more post before I can set my clock :-D

Jim

Offline Malcolm UK

« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2006, 04:35:21 PM »
In addition to the cars running 1000 Amp controllers there have been some bikes built that need such equipment.  Look on the net.  Apart from going back to step control (along the lines of the British trolley bus) the money has to be spent. 

Try Curtis for a cost effective (but not cheap) solution that may suit the arrangement of motor(s).
Malcolm UK, Derby, England.