Author Topic: Rule Changes for 2007 Part I  (Read 25897 times)

Offline 4-barrel Mike

• Any fool can drive a V8
Re: Rule Changes for 2007 Part I
« Reply #15 on: December 04, 2006, 08:36:22 PM »
Sum's version makes much more sence to the neophyte.

Mike
Mike Kelly - PROUD owner of the V4F that powered the #1931 VGC to a 82.803 mph record in 2008!

dwarner

« Reply #16 on: December 04, 2006, 10:07:29 PM »
"SFI 38.1 spec is for a Hans type device"

This sentence was in the original writeup. As JD says we are not in the business to sell products for anyone. A simple lookup will revel what the various SFI specs are.

I would hope that everyone does support the advertisers in the rulebook and program.

DW

dwarner

« Reply #17 on: December 04, 2006, 10:19:26 PM »
Well crap!

What you are looking at is the presentation wording. The SFI spec did not make it to the final rulebook form.

I hope this clears up the confusion. Its a problem when you release the rules to the public . Can you imagine the log jam I would have if the proposed changes are placed on an open forum. I have 68 pages on bobbing fenders on a Steet Roadster alone. If all the approx. 60 changes were to be discussed outside a committee I would still be reading the input. When a final rule is decided on there will be someone who feels that they are personally taking the hit. The discussion never ends, trust me on this.

DW

Offline Glen

• Global Moderator
  • SCTA/BNI timer 1983 to 2004, Retired,. Crew on Tur
« Reply #18 on: December 05, 2006, 09:36:29 AM »
Dan. If they only knew how many hours are spent each year just on the rule book. We ask for input by the proper form for a reason. Verbal requests don't work, by the time the board gets them sometines thru a 3rd party the real meaning is lost. Dan does a fantastic job and should be given lots of credit for it, it's a thankless job.
Glen :-D
Glen
Crew on Turbinator II

South West, Utah

Offline Sumner

• Global Moderator
  • Blanding, Ut..a small dot in the middle of nowhere
    • http://purplesagetradingpost.com/sumner/sumnerindex.html
« Reply #19 on: December 05, 2006, 10:57:02 AM »
Dan. If they only knew how many hours are spent each year just on the rule book. We ask for input by the proper form for a reason. Verbal requests don't work, by the time the board gets them sometines thru a 3rd party the real meaning is lost. Dan does a fantastic job and should be given lots of credit for it, it's a thankless job.
Glen :-D

Glen I think we all do realize how much time Dan puts in and for that matter all of you guys that make these events happen.  I know I do, I see how much time just at Speed Week you guys and Dan puts in and that is just the tip of the ice berg. 

I've thanked you before, and I thank you again.  Dan I apologize if my suggests indicated that you don't have my fullest support, because you do.

I was under the impression since you e-mailed the rule changes to Jon and persumed he had permission to post them that comment on them would be ok.  I realize they have been submitted and have gone to a vote and it is too late to change any wording for this year, but who knows about the future.

I also got the impression that a number of racers now feel that a Hans type device is required and was hoping to clear that up unless I have it wrong.

I'm more than welling to help with anything that I can and do plan on staying over at Speed Week this year to help with final breakdown if there is a job there that I can fill.

Thanks again for doing a job that probably doesn't have much in the way of rewards,

Sum
« Last Edit: December 05, 2006, 10:59:07 AM by Sumner »

Offline bbb

• Aerodynamically Challenged
  • JorNic Motorsports
    • JorNic Motorsports, Charlottesville, Va.
« Reply #20 on: December 05, 2006, 11:05:27 AM »
The discussion never ends, trust me on this.

DW

there is always a time and place for discussion... but there has to be a definitive deadline for them to end. we all appreciate the often thankless work you guys do.

dwarner

« Reply #21 on: December 05, 2006, 11:52:12 AM »
I wasn't looking for any props. We just do what needs to be done. I am just one of dozens of volunteers doing my small part. Sum, good idea - I'll see if I can put the reference in the rule. Open discussion is fine.

DW

Offline Glen

• Global Moderator
« Reply #22 on: December 10, 2006, 11:49:20 AM »
Motor cycle 2007 rules will be posted 1-7-07 :-P
« Last Edit: December 10, 2006, 01:51:04 PM by Glen »
Glen
Crew on Turbinator II

South West, Utah

Offline JackD

• NOBODY'S FOOL
« Reply #23 on: December 10, 2006, 01:16:53 PM »
Motor cycle 2007 rules will be poster 1-7-07 :-P
JUST WONDERING
1. Will the .020 oversnore rule be abandoned or will the cars be treated to the same imaginary advantage? If not, why not and can it be valid ?
2. Will the "SLIDE CAR" rules return to reality now that the author has achieved #1 ?
3. Will we see M be changed to another evolution of "Street legal Production" class instead of the mass produced bikes that have been accommodated in the rules from the beginning ?
4. What will ever happen to Campos and the 2L records ? Will they ever be applied to Push Rod as they should instead of the gift record that is there now ?
5. What happens to all the records that have been now ruled illegal with a false return to our roots ?  Could it be a dictatorship from under a rock.
6. Will the artificial restrictions on A-class help to increase their numbers? NO
7. While engine swaps are allowed in all cars but Production, what is the idea to prohibit them in bikes ? It has never been popular anyway but now we have a rule without reason.
8. Did anyone on the rulers committee ever talk to the subject of the attention related to burns and ask that very experienced rider why it happened and ask for his ideas on how to fix it ? Some did, but not the rulers.
9. There are certainly more questions but the answers are really a mystery.
Why is that ?
"I would rather lose going fast enough to win than win going slow enough to lose."
"That horrible smell is dirty feet being held to the fire"

LVMAXX

« Reply #24 on: July 17, 2007, 02:54:48 PM »
 :-D
« Last Edit: October 02, 2009, 02:48:45 PM by LVMAXX »

Offline Glen

• Global Moderator
« Reply #25 on: July 17, 2007, 03:05:04 PM »
Contact Roy Creel at  cree@antelecom.net
Glen
Crew on Turbinator II

South West, Utah

dwarner

« Reply #26 on: July 17, 2007, 03:21:38 PM »
Who did you hear that from? The same guy who is complaining about Mike Cook taking the lead in presenting FIA meets at Bonneville thus bringing the sport to a wider audience?

DW

Offline RichFox

« Reply #27 on: July 17, 2007, 04:28:58 PM »
In other words, The bottle must have a current inspection sticker, and show full charge.

Offline 1212FBGS

• http://www.motobody.com
« Reply #28 on: July 17, 2007, 04:51:33 PM »
ya know... i was gonna ask about that last weekend but forgot.... do we need a new tag every year as before or can we go 2 years now?
thanks
Kent

Offline Dynoroom

• Global Moderator
« Reply #29 on: July 17, 2007, 05:01:01 PM »
ya know... i was gonna ask about that last weekend but forgot.... do we need a new tag every year as before or can we go 2 years now?
thanks
Kent

The current rule book (2007) shows on pg. 34 in bold "A current inspection/filling certificate (no more than 24 months old) for each agent bottle shall be visible to the technical inspector without removing the bottle".
« Last Edit: July 17, 2007, 08:57:42 PM by Dynoroom »
Michael LeFevers
Kugel and LeFevers Pontiac Firebird

Without Data You're Just Another Guy With An Opinion!

Racing is just a series of "Problem Solving" events that allow you to spend money & make noise...