Author Topic: Rest in Peace, Gail Tesinsky  (Read 1203 times)

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Nancy and me and the pit bike
  • Administrator
  • Nancy -- 201.913 mph record on a production ZX15!
    • Nancy and Jon's personal website.
Rest in Peace, Gail Tesinsky
« on: August 19, 2020, 12:08:32 PM »
I learned yesterday that Gail Tesinsky died a few days ago.  Gail and Ron were two of the bunch of racers from Montana that did pretty danged well over the years.  I first met her at WF '02 when she was getting fuel for the Studebaker she raced (a Burkland family car, it was), and we'd run into one another here and there at the salt ever since, most recently when she was hanging out with the Salt Cat crew.

Damn.  A great lady - and a great racer, too.  To all that survive her - yes, we'll miss her too. :-( :-(
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

Offline PorkPie

• think fast.....always
Re: Rest in Peace, Gail Tesinsky
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2020, 12:37:30 PM »
Yes, Gail will be missed.....we had so much fun, especially when she run the ex. Burkland Studebaker......as there was so much space in front of the engine that she could sit there....and the roof could be chopped further down...... :-o :-o :-o
in the last year she stepped a little bit back when it became driving a car but was at the salt just to be there as a visitor....

R.I.P. Gail....you will be missed
Pork Pie

Photoartist & Historian & 200 MPH Club Member (I/GL 202.8 mph in the orig. Bockscar #1000)

Offline salt nut

• New folks
Re: Rest in Peace, Gail Tesinsky
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2020, 11:02:38 AM »
What sad news.  This was a GREAT lady . . . she dove right in to learn how to build & tune engines with Ron & they got pretty successful over the years.  And, she was still one of the most gorgeous ladies on the salt, in spite of the grease that was often under those long, lovely fingernails!  So now the heaven-bound salt racers have another lady among them. 
Betty Burkland
Montana's #1 Salt Nut