Author Topic: Using Replica Motorcycle Crankases  (Read 1193 times)

Offline zurferjoe

• New folks
Using Replica Motorcycle Crankases
« on: August 10, 2020, 07:42:42 AM »
Hi people , I would like to run  a 1000 V twin J.A.Prestwich motorcycle engine in the AVF SC/Vintage Fuel  class , the problem is these old engines made from 1925 to the 30s are rare and very expensive because they are collectors, investors dream items ! Put them in a glass case in a museum and thats it ! I would like to run in the SC /Vintage Fuel class at Bonneville .My question is can I use a set of replica crankases that are exactly like the originals and have no improvent over the original ones ,there just affordable !!Or must I run OEM cases ? Hope you can help me , stay safe all the very best Harry
« Last Edit: August 10, 2020, 07:45:12 AM by zurferjoe »

Offline RidgeRunner

Re: Using Replica Motorcycle Crankases
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2020, 08:32:41 AM »
    2020 rule book, page 157, rule 7.3.10:  ".......Above components made after 1955 and exact reproductions may be considered legal in vintage classes if they offer no competitive advantage.  Pre-installation approval by the Contest Board is required.  It is the entrant's responsibility to provide documentation and samples.  ........."

M/C officials and their contact info are on page 210 of the 2020 rule book, if you don't have their contact info I can forward it.  Odds are they are busy on the salt during Speedweek right now and it will be a bit before they can get back to you.

Ed

Offline zurferjoe

• New folks
Re: Using Replica Motorcycle Crankases
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2020, 09:36:32 AM »
 :cheers: