Author Topic: Speed by Spectre for sale  (Read 5661 times)

Offline JR529

Re: Speed by Spectre for sale
« Reply #15 on: July 20, 2020, 02:48:51 PM »
Buyer Beware??

I'm not trying to cause problems, but Amir Rosenbaum lost a 7.3 million dollar lawsuit with K & N Air
Filters in 2011 with Amir declaring bankruptcy in November 2012. I'm not aware if this streamliner was involved in these proceedings in anyway. But I did hear some time back the reason this liner has been stored away for so long was because of this litigation.

I dont believe this is totally correct. Spectre lost the lawsuit, not Amir personally. Spectre then began bankruptcy proceedings when Amir and K&N then came to an agreement where K&N would buy Spectre and drop the settlement. The streamliner along with all the other project cars were explicitly excluded from the arrangement and remained the personal property of Amir. The car was parked because there was no Spectre company to fund further running of it, not because the cars ownership was in doubt.

Offline wheelrdealer

• D/CBGALT
    • WHEELRDEALER RACING
« Reply #16 on: July 20, 2020, 07:29:16 PM »
Agreed,  I read the settlement document online today. The Spectre LSR car and a list of other cars were carved out of the BK asset lists.

It's online,, go read it. Don't speculate.

BR
ECTA    Maxton D/CGALT  Record Holder 167.522
ECTA    Maxton D/CBGALT Record Holder 166.715

WWW.WHEELRDEALER2100.COM

Offline kiwi belly tank

« Reply #17 on: July 27, 2020, 01:24:46 PM »
With less than an hour to go it's at a whole $50k. Ouch!
  Sid.
https://bringatrailer.com/listing/400mph-bonneville-streamliner/

Offline ggl205

• G/FL 218.282 since 1995. G/FL record since 1993.
« Reply #18 on: July 27, 2020, 01:39:37 PM »
Whatever this car sells for at auction, will be far less than what it will take to make 400 mph ready, including all the changes and updates Amir says should be performed. I have a friend in this auction who has spoken at length with Amir about this.

John

Offline Elmo Rodge

« Reply #19 on: July 27, 2020, 02:16:36 PM »
Looks like it sold for $175K.
Wayno

Offline racergeo

« Reply #20 on: July 27, 2020, 07:37:06 PM »
   I meet a guy on E bay years ago who had a 32 ford body for sale it went from 8k to 25k in the last 5min. You know how many bidders you have and if there are several it can really take off.

Offline kiwi belly tank

« Reply #21 on: July 27, 2020, 11:24:20 PM »
   I meet a guy on E bay years ago who had a 32 ford body for sale it went from 8k to 25k in the last 5min. You know how many bidders you have and if there are several it can really take off.
Yep! Half the stuff in my liner is sniped off Ebay! :-D
  Sid.

Offline Rex Schimmer

• Only time and money prevent completion!
« Reply #22 on: July 28, 2020, 04:43:45 PM »
 This is the original Roy Fjastad car and was painted gold, ran with a big block and I don't think it ever ran more than 275. Around 2004 Junior Kurtz purchased it and painted it flat black and the number was 6969 (the number fit Juniors demented mind). He installed a Van Dyne Engineering 498 inch BBC that made 1050 hp (I watched it on the dyno at Stu's shop). Kenny Hoover drove the car to a best of around 311, which was the A fuel record for a very short time. If you remember the car it had a chopped of rear body which really held it back but Junior was a horse power guy so he went to Ronnie Shaver motors that only made a few more HPs than the Van Dyne motor but they blew up pretty constantly and never went any faster. Junior sold it to Specter and they promptly added new rear body work that cleaned up the air flow at the rear of the car and went over 400 with a turbo Caddy in it. As I remember it was at one of the Doug Cook meets and they had a 6 mile course which helped several cars to crack 400 that year.

Interesting that it went for as much as it did ($175K?) but I am sure there are lots of spares and an extra motor or two.

Rex 
« Last Edit: July 28, 2020, 04:45:30 PM by Rex Schimmer »
Rex

Not much matters and the rest doesn't matter at all.

Offline TrickyDicky

« Reply #23 on: July 28, 2020, 05:31:00 PM »
Possibly the AA fuel record at 307 in 2003 before Mike Nish bumped it up to 370.  This was at a time when the A fuel record was already over 344.
Yes, I am a bit picky, but please do correct me if I am wrong.  1drink  :clap

Offline Rex Schimmer

• Only time and money prevent completion!
« Reply #24 on: July 28, 2020, 06:53:34 PM »
TrickyDicky,
You are exactly correct, I was running off of a fading memory and you probably have the facts! As I remember Junoir did have a motor over 500 inches, not much though. I think that the Nish's let Kenny and Junior have the AAF record before going out and moving is to over 375 with their big motor.

Rex
Rex

Not much matters and the rest doesn't matter at all.

Offline kiwi belly tank

« Reply #25 on: July 28, 2020, 09:53:11 PM »
Yeah I remember that back of it was like the back of a semi trailer with the doors missing.
  Sid.

Offline wheelrdealer

• D/CBGALT
    • WHEELRDEALER RACING
« Reply #26 on: July 29, 2020, 07:40:20 AM »

I spoke with Amir via email and there seems to be a plan to run the car again and keep the team together. That to me is a great outcome for all involved. Seems to me that liner has more records left in her, (forgive the pronoun, I am old school). better than a private collection or a museum piece at this point. there is time for that later in the liners life.
I always liked the rawness of the Spectre liner. George's stuff is perfect show quality, fast and deserves respect but I like raw and built for speed... go and less show. Just my preference.

BR

WWW.WHEELRDEALER2100.COM

Offline wheelrdealer

• D/CBGALT
    • WHEELRDEALER RACING
« Reply #27 on: July 29, 2020, 02:08:52 PM »
That guy Dennis Zanfield had a turbine car, wonder what ever happened to it? Dennis told me...not sure if it was true or not, his turbine was an unused NOS turbine. Most are run outs with hours exceeding air worthy specs. Seems to the car was sold. It was for sale for a long time. Anyway back to Speed by Spectre

BR

WWW.WHEELRDEALER2100.COM