Author Topic: BBC windage  (Read 3625 times)

Offline floydjer

• "There is no duck side of the moon..."
Re: BBC windage
« Reply #15 on: September 06, 2020, 09:42:03 AM »
How about using one pressure section of the pump to feed spray bars pointed at the valve springs ,then block the returns and connect scavenge side the the heads?
I`d never advocate drugs,alcohol,violence or insanity to anyone...But they work for me.

Offline sdroadster

« Reply #16 on: September 06, 2020, 12:34:35 PM »
Thanks. I am probably searching for a difficult answer. It's a wet sump system. (oil pan)

Offline racergeo

« Reply #17 on: September 06, 2020, 01:20:43 PM »
   Actually not difficult at all. Just put a deflector above the valve spring .. When oil out of the pushrod hits it, wa la, cooled valve spring.  Old cast valve covers used to have this feature built in. A valve cover with a plexiglass top is a good tool for viewing what is happening with your oil while running at different RPM. I suspect there might be a lot more oil in the top end then you realize. I have about 24 full passes on my springs (120 miles,480 quarter miles) and they haven't lost any pressure. Manley Nextech is what they are called I think. 

Offline floydjer

• "There is no duck side of the moon..."
« Reply #18 on: September 06, 2020, 07:29:19 PM »
Mildly off topic but, I watched a video close up of the valve train of a bone stock big block Chevy being spun at 7,000 rpm on a Spin-tron. Gave me bad dreams. :?
I`d never advocate drugs,alcohol,violence or insanity to anyone...But they work for me.