Author Topic: Rob Hilton  (Read 965 times)

Offline jimmy six

Rob Hilton
« on: June 30, 2020, 12:02:39 PM »
From the desk of Ron Bell:
I received a call this morning from Ryan Hilton informing me that his dad Rob Hilton had passed away Saturday night in Fullerton. (not virus related) Rob was a long time tower worker at Bonneville and El Mirage and was a member of the Gear Grinders Club. He was a long time member of Jacks Garage in Fountain Valley. Rob was 83 years old and a good friend. 

Rob was a great guy and book supplier to Jacks "Library" at the garage. He was a very sharing man always ready to lend a hand to Jim Loving or me when we are running at El Mirage. He and his wife recently moved and the China Virus had kept very close to home because of his age. He was continuing to work on his Model A Ford and he also had a lot of knowledge about turbochargers as he started running them many many years ago..He will be missed by all his many friends.JD
First GMC 6 powered Fuel roadster over 200, with 2 red hats. Pit crew for Patrick Tone's Super Stock #49 Camaro

Offline Stainless1

• Administrator
  • Robert W. P. "Stainless" Steele
Re: Rob Hilton
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2020, 01:14:40 PM »
My condolences to the Hilton family, you and all of Rob's many friends.  I did not know him personally but he sounds like one of the many SCTA /Hot Rod friends we seem to be losing these days.  GodSpeed Rob
Stainless
Red Hat 228.039, 2001, 65ci, Bockscar Lakester #1000 with a little N2O