Author Topic: Kiwi Sid's liner  (Read 11392 times)

Offline floydjer

• "There is no duck side of the moon..."
Re: Kiwi Sid's liner
« Reply #30 on: June 27, 2020, 02:30:47 PM »
Yeah Sid...We old geezers need captions. 8X10 glossies with descriptions on the back. JB
« Last Edit: June 27, 2020, 04:29:04 PM by floydjer »
I`d never advocate drugs,alcohol,violence or insanity to anyone...But they work for me.

Offline dw230

« Reply #31 on: June 27, 2020, 03:30:22 PM »
There are notes on the back of each picture, turn your monitor around.

DW230
White Goose Bar - Where LSR is a lifestyle
Alcohol - because no good story starts with a salad.

Don't be Karen, be Beth

Offline ronnieroadster

« Reply #32 on: June 27, 2020, 03:33:18 PM »
Im trying to figure out the Arm&Hammer Double Duty    :cheers:
Working in the shop I use the 'F' word a lot. No not that word these words Focus and Finish go Fast and Flathead Ford!
 ECTA  XF/BGRMR Record 179.8561
 LTA    XF/BGRMR  Record 200.921 First  Ever Ford Flathead Roadster to hit 200 MPH burning gasoline July 2018
 SCTA  XF/BGRMR Record 205.744  First gas burning Ford flathead powered roadster to top 200 MPH at Bonneville August 7, 2021 top speed 219.717
 SCTA  XXF/BGRMR Record 216.131 plus a Red Hat
"Life Member of the Bonneville 200 MPH Club"

Offline racergeo

« Reply #33 on: June 27, 2020, 04:08:52 PM »
  Not to hijack this tread....but my new HOTROD just came and it has an interesting story called "New Concepts for Advanced Land Speed Racing Car Design". Keeping BV racing in the public discussion. Some interesting ideas.   George

Offline floydjer

« Reply #34 on: June 27, 2020, 04:30:34 PM »
There are notes on the back of each picture, turn your monitor around.

DW230
Aah....so THAT'S what it's all about!😀
I`d never advocate drugs,alcohol,violence or insanity to anyone...But they work for me.

Offline ggl205

• G/FL 218.282 since 1995. G/FL record since 1993.
« Reply #35 on: June 27, 2020, 04:57:29 PM »
8X10 glossies with descriptions on the back.

Kind of reminded me of Arlo Guthrie singing a line from ?Alice?s Restaurant.?

John
« Last Edit: June 27, 2020, 05:00:18 PM by ggl205 »

Offline Mike Borders

« Reply #36 on: June 27, 2020, 06:39:05 PM »

John

"with circles and arrows, and a paragraph on the back of each one, explaining what each one was, to be used as evidence against us.  Took pictures of the approach, the getaway, the northwest corner, the southwest corner, and that's not to mention the aerial photography...."    :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Nancy and me and the pit bike
  • Administrator
  • Nancy -- 201.913 mph record on a production ZX15!
    • Nancy and Jon's personal website.
« Reply #37 on: June 27, 2020, 08:42:23 PM »
Okay, Sid:  Here's how to add notes or comments between the pics:

Go to the Sid's Liner post with the pics, and at the very top/right you'll see the buttons for "quote" and "reply" and "MODIFY".  When you click modify you'll see the post - but it'll look like the attached screen shot -- lines and lines of code instead of the photos.  It's easy to tell where one ends and the next begins (I always leave a double space there), and in that space is where you should click your cursor and start typing your comments for the picture BELOW.

It'll help you keep things straight if you make a note of which pic is which so you known which you're talking about.  Go ahead, give it a try, and the worst that'll happen is that you'll do something wrong and crash the entire site, and London Bridge will come falling down, and it'll turn cold outside and all the diesel fuel will gel.  Don't worry -- I'll fix it tomorrow. cromag
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

Offline floydjer

« Reply #38 on: June 27, 2020, 09:02:22 PM »

John
Correct...and a shout -out to the Hokey-Pokey :friday

Offline Elmo Rodge

« Reply #39 on: June 27, 2020, 09:59:15 PM »
That is, after all what it's all about.  :cheers:
Wayno

Offline kiwi belly tank

« Reply #40 on: June 28, 2020, 12:06:46 PM »
Okay, Sid:  Here's how to add notes or comments between the pics:

Go to the Sid's Liner post with the pics, and at the very top/right you'll see the buttons for "quote" and "reply" and "MODIFY".  When you click modify you'll see the post - but it'll look like the attached screen shot -- lines and lines of code instead of the photos.  It's easy to tell where one ends and the next begins (I always leave a double space there), and in that space is where you should click your cursor and start typing your comments for the picture BELOW.

It'll help you keep things straight if you make a note of which pic is which so you known which you're talking about.  Go ahead, give it a try, and the worst that'll happen is that you'll do something wrong and crash the entire site, and London Bridge will come falling down, and it'll turn cold outside and all the diesel fuel will gel.  Don't worry -- I'll fix it tomorrow. cromag
Thanks for helping with all this Mate! I'll just let it roll & if anybody is interested I'll answer any questions. This whole build is only about me testing myself, it's not a "look at me" thing so now it's out there we can all carry on with our day.
  Sid.

Offline kiwi belly tank

« Reply #41 on: July 13, 2020, 01:15:38 AM »
I thought I'd filled in some details but that must have been a different dream.
The Engine is a 638" 6 bolt main KB-600 with an 11.250 deck height, Callies crank, dual plug Brodix heads & T&D shaft rockers. Two Electromotive Tech-3 ecu's on a single crank trigger for ignition & driving the Moran injectors. Turbo's are GT6029's & they (4) came off a Detroit 16V-149. Trans is a direct drive billet internals 400 with a modified 4L80E adapter onto a modified NP205 T-case with Chevy & ford output shafts. All the custom shaft's are 300M with Greek Couplers. Front T-case/reverser is built around two 7-1/2" gears from a Liebherr 995 excavator pump drive & there are direct drive/overdrive's in front of both pinions. The front diff is upside down facing backwards & everything has pumps.
Fuel tank is 32 gallons & on CG to not effect balance.
  Sid. 

Offline Mr. Schimstock

« Reply #42 on: July 13, 2020, 01:17:58 PM »
Your machine has come a long way since I saw it last!   It's looking really nice.

Sproing, crack, ouch!

Offline Rex Schimmer

• Only time and money prevent completion!
« Reply #43 on: July 14, 2020, 06:01:25 PM »
Sid,
I was wondering if you were running AABG or AABF class but with a 32 gallon fuel tank I am sure it is AABF!! I really like your use of the Liebherr gears for your over drive. Off road mining equipment is quality stuff and STRONG! They make their stuff our of the best materials and use the best manufacturing procedures and heat treats, good stuff. (4) hairdryers(?) are you doing turbo compounding?

Rex
Rex

Not much matters and the rest doesn't matter at all.

Offline Stan Back

« Reply #44 on: July 14, 2020, 06:18:43 PM »
"Four hairdryers?"

I understand he's waiting on a permit to open a salon.
Past (Only) Member of the San Berdoo Roadsters -- "California's Most-Exclusive Roadster Club" -- 19 Years of Bonneville and/or El Mirage Street Roadster Records