Author Topic: Kiwi Sid's liner  (Read 11391 times)

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Nancy and me and the pit bike
  • Administrator
  • Nancy -- 201.913 mph record on a production ZX15!
    • Nancy and Jon's personal website.
Kiwi Sid's liner
« on: June 20, 2020, 01:02:35 PM »
Here's proof that Sid's car exists.  I posted the pics -- I'll let him respond to your questions.

Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

Offline Peter Jack

Re: Kiwi Sid's liner
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2020, 01:09:25 PM »
Nice work Sid and LOTS of it! I can't wait to see it run.  :cheers: :cheers: :clap :clap

Pete

Offline floydjer

• "There is no duck side of the moon..."
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2020, 02:59:05 PM »
 Pretty darn nice. Carry on.
I`d never advocate drugs,alcohol,violence or insanity to anyone...But they work for me.

Offline ronnieroadster

« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2020, 03:10:12 PM »
I like the color the workman ship is outstanding exactly what I expected. Sid has always been very helpful to guide many of us along our journey to getting faster as we get older. Sid you can count me in as part of your crew mate.
 Ronnieroadster
Working in the shop I use the 'F' word a lot. No not that word these words Focus and Finish go Fast and Flathead Ford!
 ECTA  XF/BGRMR Record 179.8561
 LTA    XF/BGRMR  Record 200.921 First  Ever Ford Flathead Roadster to hit 200 MPH burning gasoline July 2018
 SCTA  XF/BGRMR Record 205.744  First gas burning Ford flathead powered roadster to top 200 MPH at Bonneville August 7, 2021 top speed 219.717
 SCTA  XXF/BGRMR Record 216.131 plus a Red Hat
"Life Member of the Bonneville 200 MPH Club"

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2020, 11:21:12 PM »
 :cheers:
Miss LIBERTY,  changing T.K.I.  to noise, dust, rust, BLUE HATS & hopefully not scrap!!

"Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing."   Helen Keller

We are going to explore the racing N words NITROUS & NITRO!

Offline kiwi belly tank

« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2020, 12:05:39 AM »
Thanks for putting the pics up Jon. There had been some grumblings from our regulars the other day so I figured a bit of an effort was called for but I couldn't post them since I'm about as smart as a bag of spuds. cromag
These pics are all the front half & include the reverse rotation transfer case with the direct / overdrive unit to the front diff that is up side down facing backwards.
Today with some help, the nose & tail exited the shed so I can work towards getting some pics of the noisy end.
  Sid.

Offline salt27

« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2020, 12:16:35 AM »
Thanks Sid, Looking good.   :cheers:
Signed, Grumbling regular.    :-D

Offline 4-barrel Mike

• Any fool can drive a V8
« Reply #7 on: June 21, 2020, 12:58:55 AM »
... I couldn't post them since I'm about as smart as a bag of spuds. cromag...
  Sid.

How typical of the world we live in, that a guy can build something like this, but lack the computer skills that an average big city 8-year-old kid possesses, who would stare at these pictures with ZERO comprehension of what it is.

Love it, Sid!  :cheers: :cheers:

Mike
Mike Kelly - PROUD owner of the V4F that powered the #1931 VGC to a 82.803 mph record in 2008!

Offline racergeo

« Reply #8 on: June 21, 2020, 01:24:32 AM »
  I'm glad Sid's driving. With claustrophobia and being vision impaired it might be a drama. :-P

Offline floydjer

« Reply #9 on: June 21, 2020, 09:41:06 AM »
We can ask questions?  :friday Sid..what is the starboard side blower/fan  for? Looks like it is ducted aft of the driver.
I`d never advocate drugs,alcohol,violence or insanity to anyone...But they work for me.

Offline Stainless1

• Administrator
  • Robert W. P. "Stainless" Steele
« Reply #10 on: June 21, 2020, 11:38:41 AM »
Nice work there Sid.... love the way the drivers area is decorated... I figured out how you get in and out... I think... looks like a squeeze.  Cool car... built like it could go fast... very fast...
Love to see the body... love to see it run... now that it's been outed... open the shed door and give us the long shot
 :clap  :cheers:
Stainless
Red Hat 228.039, 2001, 65ci, Bockscar Lakester #1000 with a little N2O

Offline kiwi belly tank

« Reply #11 on: June 21, 2020, 01:15:20 PM »
We can ask questions?  :friday Sid..what is the starboard side blower/fan  for? Looks like it is ducted aft of the driver.
Yeah that's the helmet blower that pulls fresh air from outside, it was a blower in a combine cab in it's previous life.
  Sid.

Offline kiwi belly tank

« Reply #12 on: June 21, 2020, 01:37:57 PM »
Nice work there Sid.... love the way the drivers area is decorated... I figured out how you get in and out... I think... looks like a squeeze.  Cool car... built like it could go fast... very fast...
Love to see the body... love to see it run... now that it's been outed... open the shed door and give us the long shot
 :clap  :cheers:
I built the drivers compartment around easy & fast bailout, getting in takes more work. The steering column pivots between the pedals, is retracted with a nitrogen strut & is locked into the vertical post in front of the seat. The column goes vertical up against the dash & the mount post drops down. The red boat throttle dandle on the left releases the steering, leg net & hatch plus all three have a secondary backup that I can reach while still strapped in & they are clearly marked & easy for rescue to access. From strapped in to standing up takes me 5 seconds.
  Sid.

Offline floydjer

« Reply #13 on: June 21, 2020, 03:07:43 PM »
And that shifter knob brings back memories of my youth :cheers:

Offline ggl205

• G/FL 218.282 since 1995. G/FL record since 1993.
« Reply #14 on: June 21, 2020, 05:02:54 PM »
Sid, what are you using to seal the helmet blower fan to the body? I have something similar for my car but it needs a fire retardant seal before it passes tech.

John