(Note: LANDRACING.COM donations are not tax deductible)

This is a public forum. The opinions expressed here don't
necessarily reflect the feelings of The Folks That Run The Site (that's us)
unless we explicitly say so, ok?

Author Topic: Schimmer and Son "I" class fuel lakester:  (Read 89136 times)

Offline kiwi belly tank

Re: Schimmer and Son "I" class fuel lakester:
« Reply #285 on: July 13, 2020, 12:27:48 AM »
I think reality is finally starting to set in here in the US. I have three friends here in Idaho who have it & the least likely one I expected to take a beating is/was a healthy 26 yr old female, it's been kicking her a$$ for weeks now. I'm more interested in having a long term.
  Sid. 

Offline Beef Stew

« Reply #286 on: July 13, 2020, 02:08:37 AM »
I think reality is finally starting to set in here in the US. I have three friends here in Idaho who have it & the least likely one I expected to take a beating is/was a healthy 26 yr old female, it's been kicking her a$$ for weeks now. I'm more interested in having a long term.
  Sid.

As of Mon 07/13 Orange County,  CA. Confirmed COVID19 cases: 24,430. Deceased: 421. That's more than some  states.

I went to the phone store the other day. You had to wear a mask?they also took your temperature before you stepped through the door. There was a limit of three customers. Some businesses are taking this seriously.
Former record holder at RIR ½ mile drags, El Mirage and Bonneville.

Beef Stew doesn't have his head where the sun-don't-shine. His head is in SoCal where the unusual is an everyday happening.

Offline jimmy six

« Reply #287 on: July 13, 2020, 08:21:32 AM »
They are and I'm glad. The real statistics for the OC lie in the ages. The OC Register shows them daily and we just had our first death in the 1-24 age group. It's almost 80% in the over 65 which have three groupings and where all my friends are.

One statistic that is now being shown is the total death for all causes in the US and just one for the China virus (that one may be padded) and that rate is still very small but without the virus many would be alive today.

My wife and I have rally restricted our selves since March and have only gone to dinner out once 2 weeks ago. Only the basics are ventured out for.
First GMC 6 powered Fuel roadster over 200, with 2 red hats. Pit crew for Patrick Tone's Super Stock #49 Camaro

Offline Lemming Motors

« Reply #288 on: July 13, 2020, 12:16:17 PM »
We get our own spin here in the UK and its interesting that the most reliable data (?????) is probably the office for national statistics (independent of government I think) showing totals deaths compared to the 5 year average for the same week / month. It doesn't match the governments figures for Covid 19 but in fairness not everyone who is sick is tested.  :roll: Once they start publishing total deaths (which is a staggering number) it inures you to the covid numbers. I guess that is the plan. Go about your normal business, nothing to see here.

We also get a version of US news - I saw a few days ago that Fauci and someone from the CDC was not allowed to go on a CBS program - I guess no news is better than bad news. 

A Bonneville Lakester please barman.
Certainly sir; a lick of salt, a sip of gas and a twist of Lemming. More Lemming sir?
Just a squeeze.

A Squeeze of Lemming it is sir.