Author Topic: Salt Flat Accident  (Read 1860 times)

Offline RCKirby

Salt Flat Accident
« on: May 27, 2020, 02:23:27 PM »
WENDOVER ? Three teens reportedly speeding across the Salt Flats suffered extensive injuries Tuesday night after police say they crashed into a berm at an estimated 100 mph.
The incident happened about 10 p.m. about 10 miles northeast of Wendover, according to Ken Quirk, Wendover director of public safety. Two 18-year-old men and a 17-year-old boy, all from Salt Lake City, were in a 2008 Acura when the vehicle hit an earthen berm with very little braking, he said.
All three were flown by medical helicopters to hospitals in the Salt Lake area. The driver had to be extracted from the vehicle by Wendover fire crews. Quirk said all three suffered severe injuries, but he did not know their updated conditions Wednesday.
On Facebook, a man who witnessed the crash, posted video of the aftermath.

My thoughts and prayers to these 3 teenage boys. Luckily we were about 150 yards away from the accident. I saw a car at high speed driving across the flats then I told my kids that I hope they see the wall and they drove right into it. So I got in my car and rushed over and my stomach dropped when I got to the scene,? Semisi Latu wrote.
Latu said the driver was pinned to the steering wheel and ?the engine was in his lap.?
According to Latu, it took Wendover rescue teams about 30 minutes to reach the remote location.
?I believe they will all be OK. They were all breathing but I know the driver is in really serious condition,? he said. ?The officer said luckily we were still in the area cause if not these boys probably would not have been found till the next day. It was in the middle of nowhere.?

Offline Happy Pappy

Chris Campbell
2017 #203 G/GR El mirage record 150.771
2020 #62 C/AIR El Mirage record 180.828
6/21 #62 C/AIR El Mirage record 185.488
9/21 #62 C/AIR El Mirage record 194.450

Offline ggl205

• G/FL 218.282 since 1995. G/FL record since 1993.
Re: Salt Flat Accident
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2020, 06:05:25 PM »
Those kids are lucky to be alive. That was a devastating crash.

John

Offline ratpatrol66

« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2020, 12:02:14 AM »
Isn't that the dike you would drive by going to the rookie course?

Offline aircap

« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2020, 12:18:44 AM »
Lord amighty. Anyone know their names? I'll be sure to get them on prayer group lists across the country.
"Act your age, not your shoe size". - Prince

Offline kiwi belly tank

« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2020, 11:45:17 AM »
They're not the first car to nail the dyke in the middle of the night!
  Sid.