Author Topic: A shot in the dark re an old hot rod  (Read 1908 times)

Offline jdincau

A shot in the dark re an old hot rod
« on: May 19, 2020, 09:10:46 PM »
A friend sent me this question via e mail. I am posting it here to see if anyone remembers it.

"In the late '50's or early '60's the dad of a bud of mine built a Mercedes 190SL hardtop with a 289 Ford engine & put a 300SL gearbox behind it. If I remember the story right, Shelby had a hand in the build...not real sure....When last seen, the car had a red body with a black top...

My bud's dad sold the car to a guy named Bill Fisher who lived in the SFV......2nd hand, my bud heard Fisher re-sold the car...when & to whom is not known right now. My bud thinks he may have found Fisher, but has been unable to make contact so far.

Anyway, my bud's trying to find the car......got any ideas on how to locate and/or track down the car or subsequent owner(s)?? Have you ever heard of the car or know someone who might know?

Any help appreciated....
Unless it's crazy, ambitious and delusional, it's not worth our time!

Offline floydjer

• "There is no duck side of the moon..."
Re: A shot in the dark re an old hot rod
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2020, 09:26:13 PM »
Any chance that is it with a re-spray? I spot a plate the DMV could trace. And it purportedly has a Ford  V8.
I`d never advocate drugs,alcohol,violence or insanity to anyone...But they work for me.

Offline floydjer

• "There is no duck side of the moon..."
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2020, 09:31:46 PM »
Under hood shot. Car was in Hemmings about 7 years ago.
I`d never advocate drugs,alcohol,violence or insanity to anyone...But they work for me.

Offline jdincau

« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2020, 09:34:01 PM »
Thanks, I will forward this to Rick.
Unless it's crazy, ambitious and delusional, it's not worth our time!