Author Topic: Land Racing face masks!!!  (Read 29013 times)

Offline ggl205

• G/FL 218.282 since 1995. G/FL record since 1993.
Re: Land Racing face masks!!!
« Reply #45 on: May 28, 2020, 11:11:46 AM »
Don, Don, Don, even our nation?s lead virologist, Dr. Fauci, goes back and forth on mask effectiveness. There is no one scenario that fits all here so don?t go off on me about the level of education or qualifications it takes to be credible. It makes you appear clueless. You really need to open your eyes or at least read what you posted, most of which is pure speculative crap! Do what you will and with no judgement from me but understand, your rant is about 90% baseless.

John

Offline floydjer

• "There is no duck side of the moon..."
« Reply #46 on: May 28, 2020, 11:29:20 AM »
Oh hell  yes.. :clap...
I`d never advocate drugs,alcohol,violence or insanity to anyone...But they work for me.

Offline Stainless1

• Administrator
  • Robert W. P. "Stainless" Steele
« Reply #47 on: May 28, 2020, 11:47:29 AM »
Who else likes chocolate turtles? I can't be alone . :cheers:

Are you talking the ones with caramel and pecans... don't tell me you don't like the ones with pecans....  those are  required in my turtles... unless you are talking about dipping cooked turtles in chocolate... like fondue? then no Jerry I don't like those... when I eat turtle I prefer it in soup with garlic, potatoes and onion.... is it Friday yet?
puh-cons or pea-cans Bob?

Puh-cons from Texas are my preference.... I had a turtle with cashews once, not the same, maybe they call that something else.
ya know ya have to slow cook turtles... otherwise you might scorch the caramel.
My wife, born in Georgia and makes a great pecan pie, prefers pea-cans, emphasis second syllable. I love turtles too (but not in soup....) :cheers:

Jack... share this one with your wife... I usually go heavy on honey and light on one of the syrups and always use the brown sugar option.  I'm one of those mix and match recipe guys... Friends often ask me to share my Pecan Pie recipe after they have it... If hers isn't a secret family recipe please have your Georgia Peach share it
Stainless
Red Hat 228.039, 2001, 65ci, Bockscar Lakester #1000 with a little N2O

Offline desotoman

« Reply #48 on: May 28, 2020, 12:04:59 PM »
Great reading the last 10 or so posts from all across the country. Here is some food for thought.

My girlfriend is a Certified Nursing Assistant working in a rehabilitation center
in So California. One month ago the place where she works got their first case of the virus. As of Tuesday of this week, 50 workers, and 75 residences had got the virus, and sadly 13 of those have died. Every room has liquid sanitizers at the door. Everyone wears face shields and masks. Some of the office workers have got the virus.

Did the people who work there get infected at work or bring it into work we will never know as some people have the virus and don't know it.

Tom G.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2020, 12:07:21 PM by desotoman »
I love the USA. How much longer will we be a free nation?

Asking questions is one's only way of getting answers.

The rational person lets verified facts form or modify his opinion.  The ideologue ignores verified facts which don't fit his preconceived opinions.

Offline gowing

« Reply #49 on: May 28, 2020, 03:10:48 PM »
just ask yourself.... W.W.B.D.D?
(what would Big Daddy do)
Mask Problems solved!  let's go racing!

« Last Edit: May 28, 2020, 03:27:34 PM by gowing »

Offline Doc B.

• Bottlehead Corp.
« Reply #50 on: May 28, 2020, 03:39:50 PM »
An interesting read published yesterday. I should point out that it is a scientific publication, i.e., it was submitted for peer review before publication. I mean no disrespect to those who have other belief systems by posting this. Also a transparency notice - an old high school and college chum of mine who I haven't spoken to in about 25 years is a senior editor for this publication. I have no clue if he participated in the review of this article.

https://science.sciencemag.org/content/early/2020/05/27/science.abc6197

Offline ggl205

• G/FL 218.282 since 1995. G/FL record since 1993.
« Reply #51 on: May 28, 2020, 04:45:11 PM »
Thanks, Doc B., all good stuff.

Here is one article I picked up from the JAMA Network. This article addressed an issue I personally have with wearing a mask for prolonged time periods. For me, that period is around ten minutes before feeling the effects. Sorry for not posting a link but I could not generate one as it was part of several other articles.

April 18, 2020

Potential Risks When Some Special People Wear Masks

Zheng Zhaoshi, PH.D. M.D. | No. 1 Department of Neurology, The Third Hospital of Jilin University
As more asymptomatic patients with SARS-CoV-2 infection are found in the world, wearing N95 masks is undoubtedly an effective respiratory protective measure (1). However, wearing an N95 mask for a long time may bring potential risks and even complications that are difficult to eliminate.

Oxygen concentration inhaled by healthy subjects wearing a surgical mask covering an N95 respirator decreases to about 17%, and the concentration of carbon dioxide increases to about 1.2% - 3% in a short period of light work (2-3). Although participants did not show any obvious changes in physical function and did not have any discomfort ratings, the average carbon dioxide concentration inhaled was far higher than the limit of 0.1% of indoor carbon dioxide concentration in many countries. With prolonged mask wearing, untoward reactions may gradually appear. In another long-term study, after wearing an N95 mask for 12 hours the CO2 concentration of subjects increased to 41.0 mmHg, far higher than the baseline value of 32.4mm Hg at the beginning of the test (4). The subjects mainly reported headache, dizziness, feeling tired and communication obstacles. In real life, the situations and time of wearing masks are much longer than the above experimental research settings.

Therefore, when taking strong measures to prevent and control COVID-19 we should also pay attention to implementation of individualized strategies. Pregnant women and patients with basic respiratory diseases are the most vulnerable groups. These high-risk groups should try to choose a way of isolation away from others. Many kindergartens and middle schools in many provinces of China have begun to resume classes or plan to resume classes in the near future. Most of them require students to wear masks during the school period. It is questionable that students wear masks for a long time, especially for the children in low school years.

We declare no conflict of interest.

Reference
1. Offeddu V, Yung C F, Low M S, et al.Effectiveness of Masks and Respirators Against Respiratory Infections in Healthcare Workers: A Systematic Review and Meta-Analysis.Clinical Infectious Diseases, 2017, 65(11): 1934-1942. doi: 10.1093/cid/cix681

2. Roberge R J, Coca A, Williams W J, et al. Surgical mask placement over N95 filtering facepiece respirators: physiological effects on healthcare workers[J]. Respirology, 2010, 15(3): 516-521. doi:10.1111/j.1440-1843.2010.01713.x

3. Sinkule E J, Powell J B, Goss F L, et al.Evaluation of N95 Respirator Use with a Surgical Mask Cover: Effects on Breathing Resistance and Inhaled Carbon Dioxide.Annals of Occupational Hygiene, 2013, 57(3): 384-398. doi:10.1093/annhyg/mes068

4. Rebmann T, Carrico R, Wang J, et al.Physiologic and other effects and compliance with long-term respirator use among medical intensive care unit nurses. American Journal of Infection Control, 2013, 41(12): 1218-1223. doi:10.1016/j.ajic.2013.02.017.

Offline jimmy six

« Reply #52 on: May 28, 2020, 06:09:21 PM »
Don't know he motorcycle rules that well but I just need to go into my fire suit/helmet bag and get out my head sock I'm required to wear. I guess I'm ready to go....Oh wait a minute, I'm not going not with an aluminum truck anyway. :lol:
First GMC 6 powered Fuel roadster over 200, with 2 red hats. Pit crew for Patrick Tone's Super Stock #49 Camaro

Offline Stan Back

« Reply #53 on: May 28, 2020, 06:25:05 PM »
You've already paid your price to the Salt Gods.
Past (Only) Member of the San Berdoo Roadsters -- "California's Most-Exclusive Roadster Club" -- 19 Years of Bonneville and/or El Mirage Street Roadster Records

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Nancy and me and the pit bike
  • Administrator
  • Nancy -- 201.913 mph record on a production ZX15!
    • Nancy and Jon's personal website.
« Reply #54 on: June 04, 2020, 11:46:39 AM »
It took long enough to get the blanks I wanted to use, but finally --- here's the Landracing.com face mask.  They're three-ply (polyester-cotton-polyester), the white area is about 7 1/2" wide and tall enough to cover my chin whiskers but not Johnboy's beard.   Overall width (ear-to-ear) is a little under 13".

$8/each includes tax, title, and license and shipping, too.

I can personalise them - team name, vehicle number, your name, etc.  I will be glad to discuss quantity prices, too, if you want a batch for the whole group.  Get in touch with me and we'll chat.

Consider this a fund raiser.  Landracing.com needs some $$, so please dig kinda deep when you order.  Thanks.
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Nancy and me and the pit bike
  • Administrator
  • Nancy -- 201.913 mph record on a production ZX15!
    • Nancy and Jon's personal website.
« Reply #55 on: June 04, 2020, 12:43:19 PM »
I've already heard from/got orders from:

Ridge Runner,     4 Barrel Mike,   Jack Iliff,   Floydjer*.

Why does Jerry get an asterisk?  'Cause his messages have asked for two different quantities of mask.  How many do you really want, Jerry?

I'm gonna start making them today.
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

Offline RidgeRunner

« Reply #56 on: June 04, 2020, 02:10:22 PM »
     Lookin' great!

I just hit the paypal button and got a message that said they couldn't do it "the receiver doesn't have a paypal account".  Do you expect that to be fixed soon or you want me to send payment via snail mail?

RidgeRunner Ed

Offline donpearsall

• http://soundappraisal.com
« Reply #57 on: June 04, 2020, 03:17:11 PM »
I would like to order two also. What do we click?

Don
550 hp 2003 Suzuki Hayabusa Land Speed Racer

Offline floydjer

• "There is no duck side of the moon..."
« Reply #58 on: June 04, 2020, 03:19:07 PM »
Jon..Go with two (2) ...I have no friends.  :cheers:
I`d never advocate drugs,alcohol,violence or insanity to anyone...But they work for me.

Offline 4-barrel Mike

• Any fool can drive a V8
« Reply #59 on: June 04, 2020, 04:06:48 PM »
Jon..Go with two (2) ...I have no friends.  :cheers:

One for you and one for Wilson?  lol8

Mike
Mike Kelly - PROUD owner of the V4F that powered the #1931 VGC to a 82.803 mph record in 2008!