Author Topic: Land Racing face masks!!!  (Read 29011 times)

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Nancy and me and the pit bike
  • Administrator
  • Nancy -- 201.913 mph record on a production ZX15!
    • Nancy and Jon's personal website.
Re: Land Racing face masks!!!
« Reply #15 on: May 24, 2020, 08:55:09 PM »
I knokw you did, Jerry. Didn't I say just that?

Oh, maybe I didn't.   Okay - Jerry came up with the idea and I took his spacy concept and turned it into a fund raiser.

Thanks.
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

Offline desotoman

« Reply #16 on: May 25, 2020, 09:47:41 PM »
Jon,

Maybe in the future you could offer to put the teams name and vehicle number on the masks. If they require them at Bonneville that would be an easy way to identify members of a certain team. And you might be able to sell them by the dozen instead of one or two, since they would be all the same name and number for a team.  Just a thought.

Tom G.
I love the USA. How much longer will we be a free nation?

Asking questions is one's only way of getting answers.

The rational person lets verified facts form or modify his opinion.  The ideologue ignores verified facts which don't fit his preconceived opinions.

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Administrator
« Reply #17 on: May 27, 2020, 11:28:16 AM »
I've got 75 blank face masks due in here tomorrow.  I'll put together an idea of what I'll print on them and post that.  I should be able to start shipping by the end of the week.

Now all I need is orders from youse guys.  $8/ea will cover the cost and shipping, and anything more you add would be very nice, thank you.

I got an order for 500 of these from a local company this morning.  Thanks again, Jerry.
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

Offline 4-barrel Mike

• Any fool can drive a V8
« Reply #18 on: May 27, 2020, 11:30:07 AM »
Order using the Donate button, adding address etc?

Mike
Mike Kelly - PROUD owner of the V4F that powered the #1931 VGC to a 82.803 mph record in 2008!

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Administrator
« Reply #19 on: May 27, 2020, 12:36:56 PM »
Well, I thought I'd have the Paypal up and running by yesterday so you could do it that way, but maybe tomorrow it'll be done.  Sorry...

Mike and everyone:  In the meantime, a PM to me telling me how many you want would be helpful.  Thanks.
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

Offline ggl205

• G/FL 218.282 since 1995. G/FL record since 1993.
« Reply #20 on: May 27, 2020, 02:12:28 PM »
Oh, I sure hope both SCTA and USFRA bon?t mandate face masks. If you do not sneeze, cough, spit or touch me, I am pretty darn safe without masks. Carry a small tube or bottle (pocket size) and sanitize your hands regularly and we should be good to go. Please, do not fall for all the hype and hysteria!

John

Offline PorkPie

• think fast.....always
« Reply #21 on: May 27, 2020, 03:18:45 PM »
Hi Folks,

just in case - the SCTA/BNI attached yesterday a note about the health protection at the salt during SW....
Pork Pie

Photoartist & Historian & 200 MPH Club Member (I/GL 202.8 mph in the orig. Bockscar #1000)

Offline racefanwfo

• jenks worlds fastest pitbull
« Reply #22 on: May 27, 2020, 03:47:17 PM »
No face masks they are a waste of time. I refuse to wear one.
The speed that you wish to achieve is only limited by the depth of your wallet.

Offline Stan Back

« Reply #23 on: May 27, 2020, 05:29:19 PM »
Then stay home.
Past (Only) Member of the San Berdoo Roadsters -- "California's Most-Exclusive Roadster Club" -- 19 Years of Bonneville and/or El Mirage Street Roadster Records

Offline ggl205

« Reply #24 on: May 27, 2020, 06:12:51 PM »
Masks and bandanas appear to be mandatory for workers and officials. Participants are to exercise discretion and maintain social distancing but I didn?t see where they are mandated to wear a mask. All this is very reasonable.

John

Offline Stan Back

« Reply #25 on: May 27, 2020, 07:03:38 PM »
"No face masks they are a waste of time. I refuse to wear one."

Sure.  Make it easy for the BLM to cancel and never resume it because of your selfishness.  I personally won't feel real bad if you get the virus, but it would pisz me off if you gave it to others.  But, you're special.

It's also your right to jump off a bridge.  Or shoot yourself. 

It's gonna be real hard to have an event with the restrictions that will be applied.  I, personally, don't intend to attend.  Almost 50 years of attendance is more than just a pleasant memory for me.

Good luck to those that will follow the rules and give it their best.  You've still got the opportunity to fukk it up for them.
Past (Only) Member of the San Berdoo Roadsters -- "California's Most-Exclusive Roadster Club" -- 19 Years of Bonneville and/or El Mirage Street Roadster Records

Offline Doc B.

• Bottlehead Corp.
« Reply #26 on: May 27, 2020, 07:10:35 PM »
Last time I raced at Bonneville they made everyone wear helmets even though only one guy crashed. That was around 0.5 percent of all the racers present - about the same as the Covid infection rate in the US population. Only eleven people have died racing on the flats in 108 years. That's peanuts, 40 people die every year on skateboards. I mean, it's not even like you are putting someone else at risk by not wearing a helmet - no one else is going to catch road rash from you. And yet guys happily go out and drop $600 on a helmet like it's the right thing to do - based entirely on some sanctioning body's hype and hysteria. This mask thing is small potatoes. Step up to the plate this year and refuse to wear a helmet.

Offline floydjer

• "There is no duck side of the moon..."
« Reply #27 on: May 27, 2020, 08:23:15 PM »
Who else likes chocolate turtles? I can't be alone . :cheers:
I`d never advocate drugs,alcohol,violence or insanity to anyone...But they work for me.

Offline ggl205

« Reply #28 on: May 27, 2020, 08:24:46 PM »
So, I guess the question is, will SCTA reject any competitor who does not wear a mask? Their latest document appears to say, they will not.

Doc B., I am normally conversant in subtly but I really didn?t quite understand your message.

John

Offline handyguy

• BANTAM FOURPLAY
« Reply #29 on: May 27, 2020, 09:53:39 PM »
   SO " DOC"  ,  lets ask all the people who crashed in some manner how it would have been different without a helmet .  The ones who's brain doesn't work so well we can guess !!