Author Topic: Land Racing face masks!!!  (Read 29008 times)

Offline floydjer

• "There is no duck side of the moon..."
Land Racing face masks!!!
« on: May 23, 2020, 10:42:51 AM »
Fire up the embroiderery machine Slim ! I' ll take two.  :cheers:
I`d never advocate drugs,alcohol,violence or insanity to anyone...But they work for me.

Offline RidgeRunner

Re: Land Racing face masks!!!
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2020, 12:19:51 PM »
     Great idea!

I'd order some.  From the virus hit out here in the territories this spring I think they'll be a big part of our "new normal" until a vaccine gets developed and available to everyone..

Ed

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Nancy and me and the pit bike
  • Administrator
  • Nancy -- 201.913 mph record on a production ZX15!
    • Nancy and Jon's personal website.
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2020, 04:36:02 PM »
Great idea, gentlemen.  I thought about doing photo masks, but I could just as easily do something racy or landracing.com or such.  Tell me -- what do you want on such a bit of swag?

I checked (just now) with my vendor and yup - I can get plain white fabric single-layer masks and put any artwork or photo or text I want on them.  I'll be able to sell them for $5-7 each, it appears.

As long as I'm on the subject:  I could make some immediately and ship them for now, not wait for SpeedWeek.  I can have the blanks here by this Wednesday and send out the first ones within another day or two.  Should I?  What should be on them?
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

Offline floydjer

« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2020, 04:45:34 PM »
I think that a simple "LandRacing.com" with the stylish swooshy- thingy would work.  Whatever you come up with works for me. And we CAN over- pay to offset site costs ..right? JB
I`d never advocate drugs,alcohol,violence or insanity to anyone...But they work for me.

Offline 4-barrel Mike

• Any fool can drive a V8
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2020, 05:07:54 PM »
Put me down for a couple.   :friday

Mike
Mike Kelly - PROUD owner of the V4F that powered the #1931 VGC to a 82.803 mph record in 2008!

Offline mabsmeier

• New folks
« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2020, 06:25:23 PM »
I would be in for a handful!

Offline RidgeRunner

« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2020, 09:20:13 PM »
     Landracing.com/logo would work for me.

Why wait?  Do some up for now and let us know how much including shipping.

Ed

Offline jacksoni

« Reply #7 on: May 23, 2020, 09:25:57 PM »
I made one out of an old T shirt. Something like this with the landracing.com added?
Jack Iliff
 G/BGS-250.235 1987
 G/GC- 193.550 2021
  G/FAlt- 193.934 2021 (196.033 best)
 G/GMS-182.144 2019

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: May 24, 2020, 12:41:11 PM »
Okey-donkey then!  I'll get some masks coming - place the order for 50 or so blanks.  The vendor is closed tomorrow for Memorial Day, so they won't ship 'til Tuesday.  I'll get them Thursday, and since it'll take a few hours (not weeks) for me to get a batch done - I can ship Friday or Saturday.

Most likely they'll have the landracing.com logo stuff - and maybe I'll dick around with a little extra decoration or something.  You'll find out. . .  But I won't have time to personanlise them -- sorry.

I'll put a pic from the catalog up here later - gotta go move the snow thrower to the barn and dig out the lawn mower.  Sheesh!  It's barely past the middle of May and already I've gotta mow?  Life is rough way up north... lol8 lol8 lol8
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

Offline handyguy

• BANTAM FOURPLAY
« Reply #9 on: May 24, 2020, 01:03:11 PM »
   Maybe orange  ones for inspectors   ,,  red   for fast guys  / gals  ,, white for our ANGEL gals  in paperwork  ,,   black for  impound  ,,  green for starters  ,,  purple for --------  ,,  blue for ------ ...    yellow / brown for porta / potty  ..    STEVE

Offline jimmy six

« Reply #10 on: May 24, 2020, 02:25:20 PM »
Made my own, different logo from an "exclusive" club. I'd post a photo is over 500 and I don?t  know how to change it. Stan helped me ..so its upside down.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2020, 12:06:55 PM by jimmy six »
First GMC 6 powered Fuel roadster over 200, with 2 red hats. Pit crew for Patrick Tone's Super Stock #49 Camaro

Offline racergeo

« Reply #11 on: May 24, 2020, 05:32:44 PM »
  I'll take a bunch if you put an outline of floating mountain right at the nose. Then an overview of Challenger 2 heading toward the mountain with a couple orange one mile markers. Then printed below Danny Thompson 448 mph Land Speed Record. If you make the mask suitable for bank robbery and to act as a bandanna you'll have plenty of room. :-D :-D

Offline Stan Back

« Reply #12 on: May 24, 2020, 06:23:18 PM »
. . . and then attach some whiskers (red) near the bottom so it appears I have a beard.  Right where the mouth hole should be, an outline of a cigarette, which I gave up years ago, tilted to the LEFT, smoldering a little, kinda casual, you know ? sexy in a cancerous way . . .
Past (Only) Member of the San Berdoo Roadsters -- "California's Most-Exclusive Roadster Club" -- 19 Years of Bonneville and/or El Mirage Street Roadster Records

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Administrator
« Reply #13 on: May 24, 2020, 07:26:45 PM »
No problem, gentlemen.  I can do those for you.  Let me put together an estimate of the time I'll need to do the mods and additions so I can quote you the surcharge for a special-design mask.

For Cripe's Sake, guys, these are a bit of swag I'd never thought of before (bet you hadn't, either).  And time is of the essence.  I sure as heck don't want to stock masks like I do old Salt Talks shirts.

And anyway, I'd been trying to come up with a fund raiser.  Bob the Web Elf won't work for free very long, and I have gotta be ready to pay for streaming time and all of that stuff.  But wait before you donate - there's a hitch in the pudding right now.  The PayPal account is not set up right now.  I'll moving to a different bank and can't do the paperwork 'til Tuesday, and then I can open PP.  In the meantime - make sure to encumber the $$ you were just about to send to the site.  Please.  Thanks.
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

Offline floydjer

« Reply #14 on: May 24, 2020, 07:32:58 PM »
I thought of it.... :clap