Author Topic: Gregg Adams  (Read 3494 times)

Offline jacksoni

Re: Gregg Adams
« Reply #15 on: May 21, 2020, 11:19:40 AM »
Slim- I had heard and discussed the tiff you and Gregg had with him. Was sad then but so happy you guys were able to put it behind you. Hear hear all the above comments. He was well loved here.
Jack Iliff
 G/BGS-250.235 1987
 G/GC- 193.550 2021
  G/FAlt- 193.934 2021 (196.033 best)
 G/GMS-182.144 2019

Offline Frank06

« Reply #16 on: May 21, 2020, 11:41:24 AM »
Gregg was a fixture at Loring, we are saddened at his sudden passing.  Gregg always had a kind word and a smile for everyone and he touched a lot of lives.  RIP
E-Racer

Offline Bob Drury

« Reply #17 on: May 21, 2020, 01:36:21 PM »
  Unbelievable. What a undeserved tragedy. Gregg and I met on the telephone from North Carolina to Washington state seven or eight years ago.
  He was coming out to Freud's wonderful reunion and I offered Him a place to stay and hang out which is something He was lucky to pass up on (the staying part) but hangout We did. Our conversations were pretty funny and filled with swearing, politics, more swearing and laughing and talking about Bonneville, My car, His ambitions to come to Speedweek and see the salt and all of the veteran racers He had read about.
  As I recall, He was born and raised in Southern California but had a definite "twang" in His voice that wasn't that of a Yankee.  He swore that it was because aliens had abducted Him and He woke up in the heart of "Dixie".  I never let Him get away with that story and reminded Him every time We spoke that I still had suspicion's about His allegiance's. Gregg would always laugh as I would swear on My mothers grave that everything I told Him was the truth and nothing but the (slightly embellished) truth. 
  I truly will miss His understated humor, ability to laugh at himself and His ability to meet and charm with the politeness of a Southern Gentleman of which He was...
                                                               God Speed Gregg...
                                                                 "One Run" Bob Drury
Bob Drury

Offline ronnieroadster

« Reply #18 on: May 21, 2020, 08:31:26 PM »
Laura and I are in shock. Greg was an amazing guy his passion for taking pictures at the many events he attended will become a lasting tribute to his legacy the history in pictures of our great sport credits to Greg Adams. Each year on his journey to Loring Greg would visit with Laura and I we would spend the time talking about racing.  Our hopes and our dreams he was such a great guy Gregs inspiration certainly helped me along enormously.  Greg would call Laura lady bug she loved the name and loved Greg as well.  I just cant believe hes gone in ones life theres the true friends you will never get over losing  Gregs passing is going to hurt for a long time.  If it was possible to spread his ashes where he loved to be  on the salt I would help with a parachute deployment happily. A send off for a great man.
  Heres a brief shot of Greg doing what he loved helping others.
                                                https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y7bu5GIsa9g
                                                                      Gods speed my friend.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2020, 04:32:30 PM by ronnieroadster »
Working in the shop I use the 'F' word a lot. No not that word these words Focus and Finish go Fast and Flathead Ford!
 ECTA  XF/BGRMR Record 179.8561
 LTA    XF/BGRMR  Record 200.921 First  Ever Ford Flathead Roadster to hit 200 MPH burning gasoline July 2018
 SCTA  XF/BGRMR Record 205.744  First gas burning Ford flathead powered roadster to top 200 MPH at Bonneville August 7, 2021 top speed 219.717
 SCTA  XXF/BGRMR Record 216.131 plus a Red Hat
"Life Member of the Bonneville 200 MPH Club"

Offline Dr Goggles

• The Jarman-Stewart "Spirit of Sunshine" Bellytank
    • "Australian Bellytank" , http://thespiritofsunshine.blogspot.com/
« Reply #19 on: May 21, 2020, 08:35:36 PM »
We can all hope people say such nice things about us when we go.
Always loved his enthusiasm and way that his shots were like news coverage of events. He'll be missed.
Thanks Gregg, Godspeed.
Few understand what I'm trying to do but they vastly outnumber those who understand why...................

http://thespiritofsunshine.blogspot.com/

Current Australian E/GL record holder at 215.041mph

THE LUCKIEST MAN IN SLOW BUSINESS.

Offline bubruins

« Reply #20 on: May 21, 2020, 09:48:31 PM »
I only met Gregg in person once but was always excited to see pictures and his scoop from events I could not attend. Phenomenal human being. His enthusiasm for the sport was not hidden in a garage but rather broadcast for all of us.

Offline tauruck

« Reply #21 on: May 24, 2020, 02:33:36 AM »
RIP Gregg. You were a great guy. I'm sorry I never got to meet you. God Bless you and thanks for being a friend.🙏🙏🙏✝✝✝✝✝

Offline SteveM

« Reply #22 on: May 28, 2020, 03:49:48 PM »
RIP Gregg:

Before I ever met Gregg in person, I followed the "build thread" for his Rampage through this forum.  We started chatting about Rampage stuff, as I was just starting my own Rampage project.  He visited my home a couple of different times, and even donated some "leftover" parts from his Rampage to use on mine.  I loaned him my rotisserie to fix some issues on his trucklet, and he drove all the way from NC to MO to borrow the rotisserie and to return it.

Gregg was a super guy with a kind heart.  It's sad that he never had a chance to drive his own LSR Rampage project on the salt.  It was pretty close to being "Race Ready" the last time I talked to him.  I wonder if there's a chance that some of us could help complete his vision, and finish that little LSR truck that he'd been working on.

Steve.

1/2 of the Rampage Brothers