Author Topic: 2020 Rule books  (Read 7981 times)

Offline floydjer

• "There is no duck side of the moon..."
Re: 2020 Rule books
« Reply #15 on: May 17, 2020, 02:26:49 PM »
I should order a new book...last time I did that, I ended up receiving two rule books and three shirts. Not bad for $10.
I`d never advocate drugs,alcohol,violence or insanity to anyone...But they work for me.

Offline kiwi belly tank

« Reply #16 on: May 17, 2020, 07:19:16 PM »
Sid, everclear (190 proof ethanol) drys quickly, sanitizes immediately, and can be put in a small spray bottle for use.  It is my go to hand, mail, grocery and breath sanitizer. 
Just saying  :cheers:
I squirt everything with a bleach soap mix but not my breath, although Trump did think a guzzle or two might be medicinally advantageous! Mate, hold my bleach......
  Sid.

Offline manta22

• What, me worry?
« Reply #17 on: May 17, 2020, 09:19:37 PM »
I just buy a gallon of denatured alcohol at Home Depot.
Regards, Neil  Tucson, AZ

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #18 on: May 17, 2020, 09:22:07 PM »
 :dhorse: Andy's copy was beat up by the post office also
Miss LIBERTY,  changing T.K.I.  to noise, dust, rust, BLUE HATS & hopefully not scrap!!

"Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing."   Helen Keller

We are going to explore the racing N words NITROUS & NITRO!

Offline floydjer

« Reply #19 on: May 17, 2020, 09:25:54 PM »
Well sure....just make sure you mix it with something Neil :cheers:
I`d never advocate drugs,alcohol,violence or insanity to anyone...But they work for me.

Offline jimmy six

« Reply #20 on: May 17, 2020, 10:34:34 PM »
No butterfly injectors fork just fine Jim. I remember a few who have done it. Cree was the last one I think. Take your butterflies out and they will work too. If you think your engine will just run to explosion, think again. It can't rev or over rev without fuel... where does the fuel come from?. not the fuel pump, it comes from the barrel valve. You control fuel by the valve. Think about it. as you would adjust your idle screw opening up the butterflies what did you also do???? You opened the barrel valve too. So you control idle with the barrel valve and connect you throttle pedal cable to it......Granted it's not the smoothest but that's how it's done..Neil Thompson did it and so did Clifford Clark.

jd
First GMC 6 powered Fuel roadster over 200, with 2 red hats. Pit crew for Patrick Tone's Super Stock #49 Camaro

Offline Stan Back

« Reply #21 on: May 18, 2020, 10:42:48 AM »
Seems like they'd run pretty lean at idle.  Probably not a good street set-up.

I barely knew Clark.  He borrowed my Enderles to see how they were set up compared to what he was manufacturing.  Took me six months or so to get them back ? completely disassembled.  I was not happy.
Past (Only) Member of the San Berdoo Roadsters -- "California's Most-Exclusive Roadster Club" -- 19 Years of Bonneville and/or El Mirage Street Roadster Records

Offline manta22

• What, me worry?
« Reply #22 on: May 18, 2020, 11:14:40 AM »
Well sure....just make sure you mix it with something Neil :cheers:

Why mix it with anything?
Regards, Neil  Tucson, AZ

Offline Speed Limit 1000

« Reply #23 on: May 18, 2020, 11:35:27 AM »
Because it might run better with Nitro in it cromag
John Gowetski, red hat @ 221.183 MPH MSA Lakester, Bockscar #1000 60 ci normally aspirated w/N20

Offline floydjer

« Reply #24 on: May 18, 2020, 11:59:30 AM »
Because it might run better with Nitro in it cromag
Hard to argue that. :clap

Offline MRK

« Reply #25 on: May 18, 2020, 12:09:39 PM »
Yes , 2020 book arrived in Utah !   little beat up also but the book is fine .
My question is ; page 17 thru 20 is all in bold print , so new rules ? Ok , what about 1.V there has always been a paragraph addressing this , seems to read the same . Is something here I'm not seeing ?    Thanks !

The reason those pages are in bold is because there was some consolidation of what was stated in the motorcycle section and what was already in the general rules section. Nothing really new just calling out the move of information. Page 95 for example has a "rule change" called out in a bold font.
Not to say you should ignore these changes in section 1, just an explanation why the bold font.
Cheers
"Racing is life. Anything before or after is just waiting." Steve McQueen

Offline desotoman

« Reply #26 on: May 18, 2020, 12:44:39 PM »

Seems like they'd run pretty lean at idle.  Probably not a good street set-up.

Stan, I remember being at El Mirage years ago and the car that was on the starting line sounded very strange. Motor would rev very high then sound like someone would kill the motor, then rev high again, and kill the motor. This sequence just keep going on until they pushed the car off.  I thought to myself what is wrong with that car. It was a lakester and at the time it could have been Walkey's or which later was sold to Creel as I remember. Anyway I found them in the pits and asked what all the noise at the starting line was about and they told me that there were no butterflies in the injectors and that to be able to control the injectors at idle they had a kill switch they would activate when the motor would rev up and they would release when the revs dropped down to keep the motor running. At the time it did not seem to safe to me, but under a load I could see how it would work.

Tom G.
I love the USA. How much longer will we be a free nation?

Asking questions is one's only way of getting answers.

The rational person lets verified facts form or modify his opinion.  The ideologue ignores verified facts which don't fit his preconceived opinions.

Offline kiwi belly tank

« Reply #27 on: May 19, 2020, 12:40:54 PM »
One of the desirable things about LSR is that innovation is still allowed, unlike pretty much every other motorsport. I can't imagine trying to drive a car with a WW-I technology "blip switch" but hey,.... if you want to you can! :?
Where's your two throttle return springs? I don't have a throttle! Ohh-Kay....
  Sid.

Offline floydjer

« Reply #28 on: May 19, 2020, 03:02:46 PM »
Agree completely Sid..Last form of racing where an amateur stands a chance..And I like coloring outside of the lines. JB.

Offline Dodge Brother

• TS Coachworks
« Reply #29 on: June 05, 2020, 01:08:05 AM »
Anyone North of the 49th get their rule books yet? I usually get mine about a week or so after those in the USA but nothing yet.