Author Topic: POLL [2020 Racing]  (Read 3355 times)

Offline Frank06

POLL [2020 Racing]
« on: April 14, 2020, 10:53:47 AM »
Hi Everyone,

Tim posted on facebook and sent an email requesting racers to complete a poll on the LTA website.  Here's the message:

"To all our racers,

We trust that in these trying times this message finds you and yours safe, sound and healthy.  We have been getting many inquiries about racing this year, so we are reaching out to have a rather candid conversation because without all of you, there is no event.

As many of you know, last season had the lowest turnout of the LTA?s ten years of racing.  On top of that, this season is very much in limbo along with all racing, concerts, and ?mass gatherings?  as all Americans become accustomed to new social distancing and travel restrictions.  That said, we are working with the state, county, and local governments and businesses to find a path forward not only for this season, but also for the future viability of the event.

Therefore, we are reaching out to all of you today.  All of us look forward to the annual LTA family reunion as much as all of you and we need to keep several plates spinning to make it all come together for the season. What we need to understand from all of you is the level of interest, and more importantly, the level of commitment we can expect for the season.

What we would like to do is get a commitment before the end of the month. A commitment that will allow us to resources to cover the overhead and keep the ball rolling for probably everyone?s only vacation this year.

Here is how this will work:

We have put up a poll on the LTA site ? www.loringtiming.com. If you fully intend on racing with us this season, please go take it. (it is on the right side the LTA logo on the top.)
If we get enough commitments, we will notify everyone that registration is open.
Due to our obligations, we will ask for people to register before the end of the month.
We truly hope to see you all in July, and September, and for many years to come.

All the best and stay well,

Joe, Tim, Jesse, Stacy, Frank, and Marvin"
E-Racer

Offline Jack Gifford

Re: POLL [2020 Racing]
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2020, 01:05:46 AM »
Done. Thanks Frank06 for the notice.
Also sent an email to Tim, emphasizing how committed I am to finally getting the lakester onto a landspeed track.
M/T Pontiac hemi guru
F/BFL 1-mile Loring record 2020

Offline Koncretekid

« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2020, 07:30:28 AM »
Jack,
I sure hope you make it to Loring in July, and I promise to stay at least 6 feet away, at least while that motor is screaming!
Tom
We get too soon oldt, and too late schmart!
Life's uncertain - eat dessert first!

Offline Bullfrog

• New folks
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2020, 07:46:53 PM »
I just tried to do the poll on the LTA website but it doesn't seem to be working right. The second poll question is "What 2020 event will you be attending?" but there is no way to answer the question. Is anyone else having a similar problem or is it just me? I have raced in the fall (Harvest Event) for the last seven years and thought that last fall (2019) there was more racers then most years. I feel we are very lucky to have a land speed event of this caliber here on the east coast in my home state even! It would be very sad if due to lack of interest and the scare of the remnants of the Corona virus the races are canceled for 2020 and possibly for good! :-(   

Offline Frank06

« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2020, 08:03:55 AM »
You could always email Tim if the poll isn't working for you.

thanks,
Frank
E-Racer

Offline Frank06

« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2020, 07:02:23 AM »
Hello racers!

Thanks to everyone for taking the time to complete the poll and for the reassuring emails. The initial returns from the pole are encouraging and indicate that surprisingly, some people would like to race this year! One thing we had not anticipated was the number of people that said even though they are not able to attend this year, they would like help to ensure the viability of the venue. So, as suggested by several emailers, to offset the lack of spectators, we will be starting a membership this season for all racers and non-racers.

While we are still working out the package, membership will include:

Your pit pass to the events.
The 2020 rulebook.
An LTA ?Support the Sport? bumper sticker
Some swag that is yet to be determined.

So, if you are planning on racing, you will need to get one membership and then your appropriate vehicle registrations.

That said, we have opened registration and hope to get a brisk response so that we can stop spinning plates and start spinning tires.  At this time, we have received tentative approval with the restriction we have put in place, but should we be forced to cancel, refunds will be 100%.  Here?s the link  https://www.loringtiming.com/registration

All the best and let?s get racing!

Joe, Tim & the gang.
E-Racer

Offline RidgeRunner

« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2020, 08:47:45 AM »
Frank,

Thanks for posting the message on here.  I'm not a "face booker", LR.com is my trusted morning paper for things LSR.

Mandates here have kept me away from the car but haven't stopped me from working on some parts and home schooling on the engine management system.  Depending on how soon we can get back to some sort of normalcy July might wind up being too much of a thrash, Harvest Meet might make more sense.  Will be doing the membership shortly.  Looking forward to seeing everyone again soon as we can.

Ed

Offline Jack Gifford

« Reply #7 on: April 23, 2020, 02:31:18 AM »
Membership and entry sent to LTA.
M/T Pontiac hemi guru
F/BFL 1-mile Loring record 2020