Author Topic: Speedweeks  (Read 5407 times)

Offline n49racer

• Faster Faster
Re: Speedweeks
« Reply #15 on: April 24, 2020, 07:52:34 PM »
I wonder if any thought has been given to combining SpeedWeek and World of Speed for this year??

ted
B/STR  209.97 best
B/RMR  248.45 Record Holder 2012
B/FRMR  248.85 Record Holder 2012
2 club member 2012

Offline DallasV

« Reply #16 on: April 24, 2020, 08:09:02 PM »
Hey, Mike
You most likely know more than I, but I?m curious who is doing the pumping. Thanks.
Intrepid does the pumping, BLM monitors and reports on the results. since neither seem to be talking right now it's hard to say how much if any has been pumped. FYI I believe the agreement is Intrepid is required to return at least as much as they take.
Records or parts, I didn't come all this way not to break something.

Online Seldom Seen Slim

• Nancy and me and the pit bike
  • Administrator
  • Nancy -- 201.913 mph record on a production ZX15!
    • Nancy and Jon's personal website.
« Reply #17 on: June 29, 2020, 08:57:15 PM »
I got this from Ron Main a little while ago.  It came as a nice looking poster using VP ad copy, for sure:-- here's the text, at least.

?VP Official SCTA-BNI Fuel @SpeedWeek?                   
These are the only ?Event Gasoline? or ?Event Diesel? Fuels for record attempts at SpeedWeek, you must use one of the event supplied fuels listed below.

VP 110
Reflecting the consistent quality racers rely on from VP products, there is nothing
standard about these 110 blends. Formulated for use in naturally aspirated engines
with compression ratios up to 12:1.

VP C12     
The best all-around racing fuel ever made. Recommended for compression ratios up to 15:1, satisfying the needs of 75% of today?s automotive race engines. One of the winningest fuels in racing history, C12 has been the preferred fuel for drag, circle track, and road racers in North America and around the world. C12 is also the best all-around two stroke fuel. Works great in vintage air cooled two strokes as well as new engines.

VP C14   
Recommended for high RPM engines with ultra-high compression ratios over 14:1. Spec fuel for NMRA and NMCA
and dominant fuel in NHRA Championship racing for decades.

VP C16   
 Established a performance standard that still exists today for use in turbocharged engines, supercharged engines, and nitrous applications with CRs up to 17:1. C16 is one of VP?s most popular blends.

VP C25
Recommended for normally aspirated engines up to 17:1 and Pro Mod EFI nitrous engines,

VPC25 has a historic track record in NHRA Pro Stock Car, Bike, Comp Eliminator, and Pro Mod classes.

VP MS100
Professional grade 100 octane unleaded blend for all forms of motorsports. Spec fuel for IMSA sports car racing in North America.
VP TORQ DX Diesel
TORQ DX provides superior performance in any diesel fueled racing application. VP?s diesel race fuel is used as spec fuel for several tractor pulling series, offering a consistent product racer can rely on.

Note: In Fuel classes, any approved liquid fuel may be used. Examples of approved fuels are all alcohols and ethers, hydrogen, nitromethane blends, nitrous oxide, E85 and unapproved gasoline.

VP Racing will also have available at SpeedWeek

VP M1
Racing Methanol has a 99.95% minimum purity ? the highest purity available in the U.S. Compared to standard methanol?s, M1 engines run cooler and are less subject to corrosion. VP uses only lined drums which prohibit rust, corrosion and metal deposits that can contaminate fuel delivery systems. Recommended for all methanol-legal racing applications.
Nitro 100%
100 percent Nitromethane

Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

Offline Stan Back

« Reply #18 on: June 29, 2020, 10:33:36 PM »
I just heard they've made a special for this year!  If anyone in your immediate family and crew should die after the event, they will put their name on the Memorial Page in the 2021 Program next year!  In color!  Think of that!!!
Past (Only) Member of the San Berdoo Roadsters -- "California's Most-Exclusive Roadster Club" -- 19 Years of Bonneville and/or El Mirage Street Roadster Records

Offline desotoman

« Reply #19 on: June 30, 2020, 12:17:51 AM »
I just heard they've made a special for this year!  If anyone in your immediate family and crew should die after the event, they will put their name on the Memorial Page in the 2021 Program next year!  In color!  Think of that!!!

Stan, you are the man. Your sense of humor is fantastic.  :cheers: :clap lol8
Thanks for the laugh.

Tom G.
I love the USA. How much longer will we be a free nation?

Asking questions is one's only way of getting answers.

The rational person lets verified facts form or modify his opinion.  The ideologue ignores verified facts which don't fit his preconceived opinions.