Author Topic: Will it happen - views?  (Read 44188 times)

Offline Billy @ AHG

Re: Will it happen - views?
« Reply #30 on: April 06, 2020, 07:44:59 AM »
Here we were one of the first states to get the virus.  It was in the general population in mid February.  We self isolated in late February and the surrounding area, that is all I know about 'cause I do not go anywhere, is taking this very seriously. Only 21 deaths in Oregon so far.  You can draw your own conclusions about whether or not these measures work.

I was shocked to find out that my Brother-in-Law actually had the virus back in JANUARY ! He is in  St George Utah ,spent 4 days on a ventilator in the Hospital,  funny how it never made the News !  I guess Utah is better at covering things up than Oregon , Sad  Really ! 
Salt Junkie

Offline Lemming Motors

« Reply #31 on: April 06, 2020, 09:25:53 AM »
the MEDIAN age of the group was

58 years!

I am finally above average  :clap
Technically you state Median not Mean but for the purpose of being special I am ignoring that slight statistical nuance.
A Bonneville Lakester please barman.
Certainly sir; a lick of salt, a sip of gas and a twist of Lemming. More Lemming sir?
Just a squeeze.

A Squeeze of Lemming it is sir.

Offline Lemming Motors

« Reply #32 on: April 06, 2020, 09:34:07 AM »
Just read the subsequent thread about cases etc. - sorry;

I was a bit behind on this thread, I read about age and responded. Not taking anything away from the seriousness here but then again a lot of people do not seem to be taking it seriously (as reported herein) - the UK government has done a pretty good job in the circumstances but people still seem to think the weekends do not count and head out if the weather is nice.

A Bonneville Lakester please barman.
Certainly sir; a lick of salt, a sip of gas and a twist of Lemming. More Lemming sir?
Just a squeeze.

A Squeeze of Lemming it is sir.

Offline Bratfink

« Reply #33 on: April 07, 2020, 01:59:19 PM »
Here in SE Michigan we're in week 3 of the official lockdown, but my company shut down the week before. So I've been working from home for a month already.

I went out to get some milk and fuel the other day (first time off my property in 3 weeks) and was astounded to see the sheer number of people just out and about shopping in general. There was even local talk of people buying TV's at Walmart!

I normally go to my local rural (as rural as we get in SE MI) Ace store to get supplies. The parking lot was stuffed full and people were walking about not masks or gloves! So I didn't even stop, I circled back out and found a nearby deserted gas station.

I guess that why MI cases are going up without a hint of this "curve flattening".

I hope to see you on the salt, but honestly, even if everything opened up now I don't know we could be ready in time. I can't even get my truck serviced to haul the trailer as the local service guy has run out of parts.

Offline Stan Back

« Reply #34 on: April 07, 2020, 04:23:35 PM »
Kinda makes you think about the level of smarts your neighbors have.  Of course, they're getting mixed messages including it will be all over by Easter.

(Maybe that he means it will be All Over the country by then.)
Past (Only) Member of the San Berdoo Roadsters -- "California's Most-Exclusive Roadster Club" -- 19 Years of Bonneville and/or El Mirage Street Roadster Records

Offline jl222

« Reply #35 on: April 09, 2020, 02:55:04 PM »

Hope Speedweek is not canceled until BNI feels it can't be held.

Speed Week is 4 months away and things could get better but if motels and restaurants are closed no way.

A little more time on entry discount or full refund if meet not held? Might be policy now?

JL222

Offline Stan Back

« Reply #36 on: April 09, 2020, 04:59:54 PM »
I believe the Board has already declared for a full refund in case of cancellation.  Someone confirm this for us?
Past (Only) Member of the San Berdoo Roadsters -- "California's Most-Exclusive Roadster Club" -- 19 Years of Bonneville and/or El Mirage Street Roadster Records

Offline Stainless1

• Administrator
  • Robert W. P. "Stainless" Steele
« Reply #37 on: April 09, 2020, 11:58:00 PM »
Stan, that used to be in the front of the rule book... just looked, couldn't find it... but that has always been the case in the past.
 :cheers:
Stainless
Red Hat 228.039, 2001, 65ci, Bockscar Lakester #1000 with a little N2O

Offline johnneilson

« Reply #38 on: April 10, 2020, 10:53:11 AM »
Rumor heard lately was that pre entry checks would just be returned

Also heard less than 20 pre entries received

In my camp, we are racing until informed we are not racing

J
As Carroll Smith wrote; All Failures are Human in Origin.

Offline Stan Back

« Reply #39 on: April 10, 2020, 01:44:02 PM »
The 2020 Entry Blank states that if the meet is cancelled, you get a refund less $100 "processing fee".

But, last week I read (and then trashed) the minutes of the latest Board meeting which, as I remember, stated they would refund the whole thing this year.  One of you guys have the minutes ? is this correct?

Offline johnneilson

« Reply #40 on: April 10, 2020, 03:07:14 PM »
Stan,

no mention of refund in the minutes (unapproved)

There is mention of no late penalty for Speedweek this year, if had etc.

The $100 retention is usually to cover printing/prepping/ancillary costs (late cancellation, as in August)

I would imagine if cancelled prior to printing and merchandise full refund, except the street roadster class.

J

Offline Stan Back

« Reply #41 on: April 10, 2020, 03:26:04 PM »
No problem.

We're such a draw, we get paid to appear (rain out or not).

I understand you V4-F-B-G-F guys have to pay a premium because of the expense of collecting your greasy parts from the courses.  Lucky for the association, the usual carnage is in the first mile and can be driven around by those that use the whole 5 miles.

Offline flatman

« Reply #42 on: April 10, 2020, 03:37:04 PM »
Should this be under ?stupid joke Friday??
Maybe not. Guilty as charged

Offline ronnieroadster

« Reply #43 on: April 10, 2020, 05:40:59 PM »
No problem.

I understand you V4-F-B-G-F guys have to pay a premium because of the expense of collecting your greasy parts from the courses.  Lucky for the association, the usual carnage is in the first mile and can be driven around by those that use the whole 5 miles.

Rolling on the floor LMAO Thanks for the uplifting humor we all could use it.
Working in the shop I use the 'F' word a lot. No not that word these words Focus and Finish go Fast and Flathead Ford!
 ECTA  XF/BGRMR Record 179.8561
 LTA    XF/BGRMR  Record 200.921 First  Ever Ford Flathead Roadster to hit 200 MPH burning gasoline July 2018
 SCTA  XF/BGRMR Record 205.744  First gas burning Ford flathead powered roadster to top 200 MPH at Bonneville August 7, 2021 top speed 219.717
 SCTA  XXF/BGRMR Record 216.131 plus a Red Hat
"Life Member of the Bonneville 200 MPH Club"

Offline johnneilson

« Reply #44 on: April 10, 2020, 06:26:59 PM »
No problem.

Stan,

You roadster guys do it all wrong, I am still on the push truck out to the 3.....
In all honesty, the only V4 dah dah dah guys that make out to the 5 are the ones going to town and lost.

Be safe, J