Author Topic: COVID-19 shutdowns  (Read 18376 times)

Offline aircap

Re: COVID-19 shutdowns
« Reply #30 on: March 16, 2020, 12:29:45 AM »
If the BLM cancels Speedweek, it will be interesting to see if it cancels Burning Man in the Black Rock desert where they make $$$.

Burning Man ought to be illegal anyway. Buncha rich people walking around naked and taking drugs.
"Act your age, not your shoe size". - Prince

Offline wobblywalrus

« Reply #31 on: March 16, 2020, 01:56:37 AM »
It is odd how people react to this problem.  The guys I ride bikes with, obviously a risky deal, are all holed up in self isolation.  The fellows down at the local, who would never consider doing something as dangerous as motorcycling, are carrying on like nothing is happening. 

Offline floydjer

• "There is no duck side of the moon..."
« Reply #32 on: March 16, 2020, 09:02:55 AM »
If the BLM cancels Speedweek, it will be interesting to see if it cancels Burning Man in the Black Rock desert where they make $$$.

Burning Man ought to be illegal anyway. Buncha rich people walking around naked and taking drugs.
And there are a few bad things that go on there as well..🤔
I`d never advocate drugs,alcohol,violence or insanity to anyone...But they work for me.

Offline Beef Stew

« Reply #33 on: March 16, 2020, 11:04:16 PM »
Gleaned from today s (3/16/2020) Los Angeles Times online edition:
  Trump said restrictions on daily life could last until July or August. ?We especially worry about our senior citizens,? he added.
  Monday, economists at the UCLA Anderson School of Management ? the university?s graduate business school ? says the U.S. economy has already stopped growing and will remain in recession through the end of September.

Ouch! A lot of people in the LSR community fit the description Senior Citizen.
  I spoke with someone this afternoon, who just drove down from Las Vegas to OC. He said that Interstate 15 was empty! Wow. I ain't never seen that.

As for Burning Man, I was a young adult during the summer-of-love. What is wrong with sex, drugs and rock-n-roll? My future wife and I certainly enjoyed it!

Stay safe!
« Last Edit: March 16, 2020, 11:09:42 PM by Beef Stew »
Former record holder at RIR ½ mile drags, El Mirage and Bonneville.

Beef Stew doesn't have his head where the sun-don't-shine. His head is in SoCal where the unusual is an everyday happening.

Offline gowing

« Reply #34 on: March 17, 2020, 01:02:51 AM »
well......... the bars in Colorado have all been closed for at least the next month.
One bright spot is that I'll probably get a lot more work done on the bike.
 muutt

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #35 on: March 17, 2020, 02:23:28 AM »
I call it the won-ton flu---somebody took issue with me forbeing politically incorrect -----My reply was you think naming it after a Mexican beer company hasn't cost them millions---that politically incorrect.   Then I said if you want real politically incorrect we can call it the Chi-Com Crud :evil:!
Miss LIBERTY,  changing T.K.I.  to noise, dust, rust, BLUE HATS & hopefully not scrap!!

"Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing."   Helen Keller

We are going to explore the racing N words NITROUS & NITRO!

Offline Beef Stew

« Reply #36 on: March 17, 2020, 11:13:19 AM »
  Then I said if you want real politically incorrect we can call it the Chi-Com Crud :evil:!

Sparky, only people our age say Chi-Com anymore   :-o

From todays NY Times: https://nypost.com/2020/02/27/americans-are-avoiding-corona-beer-amid-coronavirus-outbreak-survey-finds/
  ?Could one imagine walking into a bar and saying, ?Hey, can I have a Corona?? or ?Pass me a Corona,?? he said.
  In fact, 14 percent of respondents who said they regularly consume Corona beer admitted in the survey they would not order the beverage in public.?Could one imagine walking into a bar and saying, ?Hey, can I have a Corona?? or ?Pass me a Corona,?? he said.
  In fact, 14 percent of respondents who said they regularly consume Corona beer admitted in the survey they would not order the beverage in public."

I eat a lot of Hormel Chili, that s Mexican food isn't it? I wash it down with either Modelo Dark or Bohemia   :cheers:

BTW here in Orange County CA, the preppers have bought up ALL the D-M Beef Stew and Hormel Chili  :-(
Former record holder at RIR ½ mile drags, El Mirage and Bonneville.

Beef Stew doesn't have his head where the sun-don't-shine. His head is in SoCal where the unusual is an everyday happening.

Offline ggl205

• G/FL 218.282 since 1995. G/FL record since 1993.
« Reply #37 on: March 17, 2020, 11:55:23 AM »
?I eat a lot of Hormel Chili, that s Mexican food isn't it? I wash it down with either Modelo Dark or Bohemia   :cheers:

BTW here in Orange County CA, the preppers have bought up ALL the D-M Beef Stew and Hormel Chili.?

Man, I hope I don?t end up quarantined with you, Beef Stew. All that chili!

John

Offline floydjer

« Reply #38 on: March 17, 2020, 12:57:14 PM »
Since the whole world is closed and we are stuck inside..www.oldmachinepress.com
I`d never advocate drugs,alcohol,violence or insanity to anyone...But they work for me.

Offline WOODY@DDLLC

• ECTA made it to AR-Kansas!
    • Design Dreams, LLC
« Reply #39 on: March 17, 2020, 02:18:24 PM »
I knew there was something I liked about you Floyd - in spite of what I was told!  :-D
All models are wrong, but some are useful! G.E. Box (1967) www.designdreams.biz

Offline rgdavid

• fancy metalwork
« Reply #40 on: March 17, 2020, 04:05:25 PM »
Here in france weve got lockdown and confined to house unless of medical,work, or care purposes, everything apart from drug stores,food shops or hospitals and banks are closed,  lots of workers sent home, schools closed,  busnesess shut down.  ,you have to have a pass to be out in car or street,  im trying to get back to england my native land for my sisters funeral, its a nightmare with flights being cancelled and ferry boats full, 

Offline floydjer

« Reply #41 on: March 17, 2020, 06:02:24 PM »
Jeeeeez..Try to be helpful  and Woody picks on me..Good thing the safe room is stocked up with kittens and cocoa.🤔 :cheers:

Offline wobblywalrus

« Reply #42 on: March 17, 2020, 09:18:56 PM »
The end of the world would be better than this.  Drastic and draconian measures have been taken.  The pubs are shut.

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #43 on: March 17, 2020, 10:23:22 PM »
Well here in AZ they must feel like we have too many Sr. Citz.  they are still letting us run around go to boys club happy hour---starts at 3 ends at 5 and buy Keystone by the 30 pack  we are still free to expose our self---not flash-- at will  times are still tolerable  :cheers:

The topic of discussion at boys club is Al Eshenbaugh's return to roadsters planning on blowing our 297 cuin Early Chrysler on a completely new car except for body

3.967 x3"
« Last Edit: March 17, 2020, 10:33:40 PM by SPARKY »
Miss LIBERTY,  changing T.K.I.  to noise, dust, rust, BLUE HATS & hopefully not scrap!!

"Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing."   Helen Keller

We are going to explore the racing N words NITROUS & NITRO!

Offline aircap

« Reply #44 on: March 18, 2020, 12:46:01 AM »
As for Burning Man, I was a young adult during the summer-of-love. What is wrong with sex, drugs and rock-n-roll?

Not a thing, but the Burning Man attendees absolutely have trashed the surface of Black Rock. If anyone ever wanted to run LSR again the FOD would be godawful. Bunch of supposed greenie-weenies with no real respect for the land.
"Act your age, not your shoe size". - Prince