Author Topic: Modifications to heads in vintage class  (Read 7672 times)

Offline ronnieroadster

Re: Modifications to heads in vintage class
« Reply #15 on: June 29, 2020, 05:53:56 PM »
Better late than never!!!

I have ran my KHK 3 times at SCTA/BNI Speed Week with twin sparks and twin magnetos on a vintage flat head entry.

No one has ever said a thing about the ignition during inspection...

This forum is BMST... Have they got vintage classes now?

Patrick

During the event entry safety inspection I have not seen the ignition system listed on the tech sheet.  Inspection is for safety related items. However if you qualified on a record and then backed it up thats where the ignition being legal or not would be decided. Its always best to verify any modifications being legal with the class Committee contact for the final word prior to any record attempts. Thats how we did it on any area we were in doubt about especially in a vintage class where the competition is very attentive.
     Ronnieroadster
Working in the shop I use the 'F' word a lot. No not that word these words Focus and Finish go Fast and Flathead Ford!
 ECTA  XF/BGRMR Record 179.8561
 LTA    XF/BGRMR  Record 200.921 First  Ever Ford Flathead Roadster to hit 200 MPH burning gasoline July 2018
 SCTA  XF/BGRMR Record 205.744  First gas burning Ford flathead powered roadster to top 200 MPH at Bonneville August 7, 2021 top speed 219.717
 SCTA  XXF/BGRMR Record 216.131 plus a Red Hat
"Life Member of the Bonneville 200 MPH Club"

Offline Stan Back

Re: Modifications to heads in vintage class
« Reply #16 on: June 29, 2020, 08:56:43 PM »
Yer right!

Inspection is mostly all about safety requirements.  Not class compliance.  But, if in doubt, you can ask for that, too (and quote them and let them sign off in your Log Book).  Most of the Inspectors can help, but they've also been encouraged by competitors in the same category (guilty!).
Past (Only) Member of the San Berdoo Roadsters -- "California's Most-Exclusive Roadster Club" -- 19 Years of Bonneville and/or El Mirage Street Roadster Records