Author Topic: Motorcycle chain Master link question  (Read 3428 times)

Offline stay`tee

• "Kawasaki ZX12 Turbocharged"
Re: Motorcycle chain Master link question
« Reply #15 on: February 19, 2020, 09:34:18 PM »
After the event I always remove the chain and wash it down with kerosene, then boil it in chain wax, leaving it in the wax until the next event where I then have to reboil the wax to extract the chain,, at a event I have never had to apply lubricant, and the chain lasts four to five years,,

530 RK Drag racing non o ring chain, on a solid rear end, where its not subjected to various load (suspenshion) conditions  8-)
« Last Edit: February 20, 2020, 05:53:19 AM by stay`tee »
First Australian to ride a motorcycle over 200mph at Bonneville,,,

Offline Rex Schimmer

• Only time and money prevent completion!
« Reply #16 on: February 20, 2020, 11:49:28 AM »
Duke and I run a non "0" ring chain made for drag racing and we have had great luck with it. Right now it is in a large bowl filled with Gibbs oil and has been there for the last several months. I removed and cleaned the chain when we got back from World of Speed and dropped it into the Gibbs oil. I  have had good luck with Gibbs oil for greatly reducing corrosion and lubing the chain. We will probably buy a second chain, also non "0" ring, for next year as we are making some changes to the gearing.

Rex
Rex

Not much matters and the rest doesn't matter at all.

Offline RansomT

« Reply #17 on: February 20, 2020, 07:35:54 PM »
I always use clips BUT I do silicon the clip AND paint the the clip/silicon with high visibility paint.  Never lost one, yet.

I guess the hi-vis paint makes them easier to find on the salt....  :evil:

LOL!  I guess that's true too ... I use it so I can easily verify that I haven't lost it .....  lol8