Author Topic: WORLDS FASTEST MOTORCYCLE RIDERS  (Read 17320 times)

Offline Beef Stew

Re: WORLDS FASTEST MOTORCYCLE RIDERS
« Reply #30 on: January 22, 2020, 11:59:11 PM »
As I recall from a old Hot Rod magazine Big John had a three liter Chevy V8 in it as Lassen and Cumming built one for their car steam-liner I know it possible have one. That would make it legal under FIM rules and the FIM does not care about the origins of a engine come from. Is it legal under AMA rules who knows?   

In 2006 when asked, Denis Manning (talking about his record-setting one-off V4) said: If it's in a motorcycle (his BUB 7 streamliner), it must be a motorcycle engine. The AMA must have agreed. I wonder what they would think of a SCAT V4.

How about a blown SCAT V4.

The SCAT V4 was built for Midgets and off-road buggys. Some were for a Chevy bell-housing and some for VW.
Former record holder at RIR ½ mile drags, El Mirage and Bonneville.

Beef Stew doesn't have his head where the sun-don't-shine. His head is in SoCal where the unusual is an everyday happening.

Offline Stainless1

• Administrator
  • Robert W. P. "Stainless" Steele
« Reply #31 on: January 23, 2020, 10:54:03 AM »
I know of one motorcycle with a Chet Wilson V4 in it... built as a motorcycle motor by his son Jerry...
I think Chet was building those "Offy Killers" long before SCAT
Stainless
Red Hat 228.039, 2001, 65ci, Bockscar Lakester #1000 with a little N2O

Offline Beef Stew

« Reply #32 on: January 23, 2020, 11:04:44 PM »
I know of one motorcycle with a Chet Wilson V4 in it... built as a motorcycle motor by his so,n Jerry...
I think Chet was building those "Offy Killers" long before SCAT

I was around USAC Midgets long before SESCO killed the Offy in the late 1960s. The Offy was already dead before Wilson started building their V4.

The reason I mentioned the SCAT V4 was that it was a real engine, not something fabricated out of a cut-up cast iron block. Today with 3D printing, you can print an engine to complicated to be cast. I've seen a Boeing printed-iron diesel drone engine. All you need is money.
Former record holder at RIR ½ mile drags, El Mirage and Bonneville.

Beef Stew doesn't have his head where the sun-don't-shine. His head is in SoCal where the unusual is an everyday happening.

Offline Old-N-Slow

« Reply #33 on: January 31, 2020, 06:54:16 PM »
As I recall from a old Hot Rod magazine Big John had a three liter Chevy V8 in it as Lassen and Cumming built one for their car steam-liner I know it possible have one. That would make it legal under FIM rules and the FIM does not care about the origins of a engine come from. Is it legal under AMA rules who knows?   

In 2006 when asked, Denis Manning (talking about his record-setting one-off V4) said: If it's in a motorcycle (his BUB 7 streamliner), it must be a motorcycle engine. The AMA must have agreed. I wonder what they would think of a SCAT V4.

How about a blown SCAT V4.

The SCAT V4 was built for Midgets and off-road buggys. Some were for a Chevy bell-housing and some for VW.

I think the MOTUS motorcycle engine is along these lines, and with slight changes could be SCTA legal from 650cc up though 3000cc.  Lots of small-block technology inside them.

Offline TrickyDicky

« Reply #34 on: November 23, 2021, 04:35:08 PM »
Back to the list at the beginning of this thread ...

It looks like Max Biaggi and the Venturi/Voxan Wattman will slot in at about number 16.

According to the FIM list, they set flying km and mile records at 280+ mph yesterday (22 November).  By my reckoning that is the fastest by an electric motorcycle of any class (FIM, AMA, SCTA, with or without sidecar).

« Last Edit: November 23, 2021, 04:48:32 PM by TrickyDicky »

Offline astek

• Alp Racing & Design
« Reply #35 on: November 23, 2021, 07:48:00 PM »
Back to the list at the beginning of this thread ...

It looks like Max Biaggi and the Venturi/Voxan Wattman will slot in at about number 16.

According to the FIM list, they set flying km and mile records at 280+ mph yesterday (22 November).  By my reckoning that is the fastest by an electric motorcycle of any class (FIM, AMA, SCTA, with or without sidecar).

Congrats Voxan Motors and Team... I talked to these guys on social media, and I made a post about their "unique" fender design..

FYI:
Some critical background information on the bike design they have omitted/failed acknowledge: Bonneville racers are aware, but many people may not know that although Voxan claims to be the first to draft/design my "Overlapping Front Fender" concept, in reality I had already done so in 2015, built it in 2016 and broke the class record APS-VF 650 in 2017 at Bonneville.

I hand fabricated the one and only existing model and passed tech by the beginning of the 2017 racing season. We named it the T-200 (See links/receipts below).

That bike is already retired and is on display at the Haas Museum in Dallas, TX USA.

Dustbins were banned in the past at the SCTA/FIM, hence why I came up with the Overlapping Front Fender Design, an ORIGINAL concept that mimics the dustbin, but still complies SPECIFICALLY with the SCTA/FIM rules/regulations.

When I designed this fender, the SCTA rules/regulations committee oversaw the design process and approved it.

I am an Industrial Designer specializing in Transportation Design. What makes my work stand out are my original ideas. It goes without saying, but a lot of time, resources and experience go into the fleshing out and final approval of these concepts in order to arrive at the point of being able to legally run my LSR motorcycles... More so when attaining the multiple records we have as Team Alp Racing and Design over the years.

IMPORTANT! I?m okay with anyone who would like to use my design, but I would appreciate that no one claim to be the first to design and/or run it as that is factually untrue.

After passing tech at Bonneville Speedweek August 2017:
https://www.facebook.com/alpracingdesign/photos/1126249054144719/

Explanation of the Fender concept in August 2017:
https://www.facebook.com/alpracingdesign/photos/1127257720710519

Design/Build Photo Album
https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.863009823801978...

Offline saltwheels262

• LTA 7/2013
« Reply #36 on: November 23, 2021, 10:04:27 PM »
Very Innovative design, and nice body work, Alp.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2021, 03:48:42 PM by saltwheels262 »
bub '07 - 140.293 a/pg   120" crate street mill  
bub '10 - 158.100  sweetooth gear
lta  7/11 -163.389  7/17/11; 3 run avg.-162.450
ohio -    - 185.076 w/#684      
lta 8/14  - 169.xxx. w/sw2           
'16 -- 0 runs ; 0 events

" it's not as easy as it looks. "
                            - franey  8/2007

Offline Stainless1

• Administrator
  • Robert W. P. "Stainless" Steele
« Reply #37 on: November 24, 2021, 12:02:42 AM »
I thought that bike design looked familiar...  :cheers: Alp
Stainless
Red Hat 228.039, 2001, 65ci, Bockscar Lakester #1000 with a little N2O

Offline PorkPie

• think fast.....always
« Reply #38 on: November 25, 2021, 09:38:38 AM »
TrickyDicky,

I'm a little bit confused about your information...

normally the Speed Record Club is very quick to show so records on their FB page....but to today it still shows only the information about the testing on the Kennedy airfield.....!!!!!!!

also otherwise I couldn't find a informationen about......where did you found it......please, don't tell me on ebay.... :-D

By the way....about the design...

this kind of design is stone old.....it was used a long time ago....maybe forgotten...

and also....when this (now) Voxan project starts the first concepts shows the same concept idea....and this scetches was from around 2011/12 (when I seen them the first time)
....means the original project starts not now....

Once more, there is a coincidence, that on two places, two different groups worked on a same or similar idea.....it happens before and it will happens again in the future.....
« Last Edit: November 25, 2021, 09:40:14 AM by PorkPie »
Pork Pie

Photoartist & Historian & 200 MPH Club Member (I/GL 202.8 mph in the orig. Bockscar #1000)

Offline Marcroux

« Reply #39 on: November 25, 2021, 11:09:00 AM »
One thing to consider, maybe Voxan did not know about Alp racing design. If so by taking credit just means they did not research if anyone had done a similar idea. Since this idea is not going be money making patent what different does make in the long run.   

Offline astek

• Alp Racing & Design
« Reply #40 on: November 25, 2021, 06:30:06 PM »

this kind of design is stone old.....it was used a long time ago....maybe forgotten...

and also....when this (now) Voxan project starts the first concepts shows the same concept idea....and this scetches was from around 2011/12 (when I seen them the first time)

Once more, there is a coincidence, that on two places, two different groups worked on a same or similar idea.....it happens before and it will happens again in the future.....

PorkPie

I actually think that you do not understand the concept, otherwise you wouldn't say it is STONE OLD! I belive you have no idea why I designed this in the first place.

You wouldn't need this type of fender in the STONE OLD era because they had dustbins available, after dustbins were banned we all know the conventional fender bodywork design!

There is not a single document/post that shows the VOXAN design (or any other motorcycle with my concept) before 2018 anywhere online or in any publication! Please prove me wrong. You can not change the time stamp on social media! Remember anyone can do photoshop dates on any images and upload but the posting date is what matters.

My front fender is extremely unusual and very unique! There is nothing like it done in the past. The idea is important because it complies with the FIM/SCTA rules & regulations. Many builders/designers tried to reduce the Coefficient of Drag of the front fender bodywork area but no one thought about putting the front fender above the main fairing! Traditional race bikes have fenders that are under the fairing with gaps in between that causes drag/turbelance.
My fender design overlaps the main fairing, it looks like a dustbin has the advantage of a dustbin yet moves/turns independantly which complies with the rules.

This is their original design drawings from 2013, do you really belive they went from this to the current design in 2011-13? Seriously this is the designers hand drawing.
Link to fb page:
https://www.facebook.com/VoxanMotors/photos/220846842775673

Porkpie you contacted me privatly / emailed asked about my design work (different bike) that you didn't understand as well, I treated you with respect and I told you about it! 

If you are claiming about something that is important for me you should at least provide some documentation/images of this concept done before I have done it.
Alp

Picture from 2017: This design already broke the class record in 2017 and it bumped it in 2018 (APS-VF 650)
https://www.facebook.com/alpracingdesign/photos/a.1124743990961892/1151131871656437

Speedweek 2017
https://www.facebook.com/alpracingdesign/photos/1127257720710519

Offline PorkPie

• think fast.....always
« Reply #41 on: November 25, 2021, 08:15:44 PM »
please read properly.......when this (now) Voxan project starts the first concepts shows the same concept idea

please, don't try to tell me what a dustbin is

thanks
Pork Pie

Photoartist & Historian & 200 MPH Club Member (I/GL 202.8 mph in the orig. Bockscar #1000)

Offline astek

• Alp Racing & Design
« Reply #42 on: November 25, 2021, 08:51:02 PM »
TrickyDicky,

normally the Speed Record Club is very quick to show so records on their FB page....but to today it still shows only the information about the testing on the Kennedy airfield.....!!!!!!!

also otherwise I couldn't find a informationen about......where did you found it......please, don't tell me on ebay.... :-D

please read properly.......when this (now) Voxan project starts the first concepts shows the same concept idea

please, don't try to tell me what a dustbin is

thanks

The reply that I was expecting! No proof/documentation to contribute to your claim, also I was not explaining what a dustbin is! I'm sure everyone here knows what that is.

"when this (now) Voxan project starts the first concepts shows the same concept idea....and this scetches was from around 2011/12 (when I seen them the first time)"

What about these "scetches" you saw first time "around 2011/12" Mr. PorkPie?  Please post or put a link here from 2011/12 so we all can benefit from this information.

And please post some pictures of these stone old fenders similar to mine used on other bikes that you mentioned.

Offline PorkPie

• think fast.....always
« Reply #43 on: November 26, 2021, 07:33:12 AM »
...go through the history of LSR.....than come back....

but please, before you come back...

learn politeness

thanks
Pork Pie

Offline TrickyDicky

« Reply #44 on: November 26, 2021, 08:14:13 AM »
TrickyDicky,

My information came from the FIM web site.  So should be reliable!

Checking again, I see that they also increased their E3 record on Tuesday, with a different rider.

And today there is some more information on the Voxan web site, including the claim that they set 21 records. See https://www.voxan.mc/en/the-wattman/.