Author Topic: COMPLETE TURNKEY BONNEVILLE ROADSTER  (Read 7636 times)

Offline jww36

COMPLETE TURNKEY BONNEVILLE ROADSTER
« on: November 16, 2019, 11:02:34 AM »
1934 Ford bodied "C" gas roadster #114. Featured in 2015 year event El Mirage LSR season shirts and posters. Won Best of Class and Best Engineered at 2014 Grand National Roadster Show.
Built over a four year period with absolutely no compromise in fabrication using the best components available. Frame and roll cage exceeds SCTA requirements. Comes with 358 cubic inch SB2 acquired directly from Dale Earnhardt Inc (have Bill of Laden, six pages of engine build specs, torque specs, etc.), DEI stainless steel headers, Inconel exhaust covers, 5 speed Liberty transmission with steering wheel actuated air shifting, Speedway quick change rear end, two 10 pounds onboard fire suppression system with Halon for cockpit and Firefox foam for engine bay, steering wheel air actuated Simpson parachute release with manual release spare chute, onboard engine coolant and oil pre-heat system because of tight engine tolerances, Schroth seven point harness system, NASCAR type floating disc brake rotors with Wilwood  four piston calipers, Goodyear LSR tires.

Spares include engine rebuild kit with brand new set of Cirrillo rods, new set BME pistons, new set of valve springs, gaskets, rear wheels with set of Mickey Thompson tires, etc  plus much, much more.

This turn key package also includes fully contained 33' toy hauler with garage area to haul car, easily sleeps six with full kitchen, toilet, shower, generator, air conditioner, water, etc. She ain't very pretty but it's a great asset on the salt or dry lake. Asking $75,000 for all.

Please PM if you have any questions. John Weatherwax
« Last Edit: January 29, 2020, 07:33:28 PM by jww36 »

Offline deepindebt

Re: COMPLETE TURNKEY BONNEVILLE ROADSTER
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2019, 09:49:11 AM »
Any pics?Thanks
327,B/GR

Offline jww36

« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2019, 03:03:13 PM »
My email is Redhunter1936@aol.com if you want to email me for photos.
Thanks,
John

Offline deepindebt

« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2019, 03:31:03 PM »
Sent,Thanks
327,B/GR

Offline Rex Schimmer

• Only time and money prevent completion!
« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2019, 07:53:06 PM »
This is a pic of John's roadster at the 2014 Roadster Show. It is a truly beautiful car with a level of fabrication and engineering that is absolutely first class. This car could easily be a competitor in the C/GR class. Even at the speeds that they are running now! Very few runs, well maintained and huge potential. You could not build a car of this quality for less than $100K! and at the price John is asking it is a steal! If I winthe lotto in the next couple of weeks (HA HA!!) I would buy it instantly!

Rex

PS: Plus John is a great guy!
Rex

Not much matters and the rest doesn't matter at all.

Offline Lemming Motors

« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2019, 05:07:34 AM »
Thats uber cool.
A Bonneville Lakester please barman.
Certainly sir; a lick of salt, a sip of gas and a twist of Lemming. More Lemming sir?
Just a squeeze.

A Squeeze of Lemming it is sir.

Offline deepindebt

« Reply #6 on: December 13, 2019, 09:54:10 AM »
WOW!!! :cheers:
327,B/GR

Offline jww36

« Reply #7 on: December 13, 2019, 12:10:58 PM »
Thanks Rex for the compliment. I guess now I owe you a lunch! When are you coming to So Cal again?
John

Other end of car from LA Roadster Show. Picture of rear exit exhaust to disturb low pressure behind car. Exhaust equalizer/crossover built into frame rails with Inconel exhaust covering from engine ports all the way thru frame
« Last Edit: December 13, 2019, 05:47:47 PM by jww36 »

Offline ronnieroadster

« Reply #8 on: December 14, 2019, 03:58:19 PM »
Thanks Rex for the compliment. I guess now I owe you a lunch! When are you coming to So Cal again?
John

Other end of car from LA Roadster Show. Picture of rear exit exhaust to disturb low pressure behind car. Exhaust equalizer/crossover built into frame rails with Inconel exhaust covering from engine ports all the way thru frame

Step pans are allowed but must end forward of the rear axle it appears the exhaust might be in violation of whats allowed. Has the car ever made it to impound?
Working in the shop I use the 'F' word a lot. No not that word these words Focus and Finish go Fast and Flathead Ford!
 ECTA  XF/BGRMR Record 179.8561
 LTA    XF/BGRMR  Record 200.921 First  Ever Ford Flathead Roadster to hit 200 MPH burning gasoline July 2018
 SCTA  XF/BGRMR Record 205.744  First gas burning Ford flathead powered roadster to top 200 MPH at Bonneville August 7, 2021 top speed 219.717
 SCTA  XXF/BGRMR Record 216.131 plus a Red Hat
"Life Member of the Bonneville 200 MPH Club"

Offline jww36

« Reply #9 on: December 14, 2019, 05:17:05 PM »
"4.EE  STEP PAN
 A step pan encloses the area on the bottom of a vehicle between the aft-most portion of
 the firewall to a line 10 inches forward of the rear axle centerline."

On my roadster the step pan ends 12 inches forward of axle centerline. I spent hundreds of hours discussing this build with people like Russ Eyres to assure I was conforming to the rules.
John

Offline ronnieroadster

« Reply #10 on: December 15, 2019, 04:54:22 PM »
I know what the step pan rule says and how it applies. However since the exhaust is continuing in a wide pattern from the step pan IM wondering what the reception would be in impound to the design.  Certainly a good idea if its deemed legal.
Working in the shop I use the 'F' word a lot. No not that word these words Focus and Finish go Fast and Flathead Ford!
 LTA    XF/BGRMR  Record 200.921 First  Ever Ford Flathead Roadster to hit 200 MPH burning gasoline July 2018
 SCTA  XF/BGRMR Record 205.744  First gas burning Ford flathead powered roadster to top 200 MPH at Bonneville August 7, 2021 top speed 219.717

Offline jimmy six

« Reply #11 on: December 15, 2019, 06:13:31 PM »
So with what you guys are saying exhaust collector can only be round and have no bracing in them and must stop somewhere mid-body? I must have missed that in the book.

There is an extremely well known record holding coupe that conforms to the same step pan rules that has had exhaust "boxes" to the rear of the body and at times only uses one side for exhaust.

How in the hell does anyone know what's under a gas/fuel roadster that is 1" off the ground from the firewall to the rear of the body? I'll bet there are more than a few that don't have sealed "floorboards" above the frame rails, over the drive line components, over the suspension parts, from where the step pan meets the top of the frame rail.

We rely on our impound certifiers to do this and I am thankful for their time, effort, and rulebook knowledge.
First GMC 6 powered Fuel roadster over 200, with 2 red hats. Pit crew for Patrick Tone's Super Stock #49 Camaro

Offline Dynoroom

• Global Moderator
« Reply #12 on: December 15, 2019, 07:40:09 PM »
And to take what JD ended with one step further. Record Certification can only do so much. If YOU, or any competitor see a violation it up to YOU to protest. The inspectors & certifiers can't possibly know the rules for every class out there. But the competitors do, so it's YOUR job to bring the protest forward.  :deal

And as for the exhaust, it's legal in my book. But what do I know...
Michael LeFevers
Kugel and LeFevers Pontiac Firebird

Without Data You're Just Another Guy With An Opinion!

Racing is just a series of "Problem Solving" events that allow you to spend money & make noise...

Offline ronnieroadster

« Reply #13 on: December 16, 2019, 10:43:32 AM »
DONT get me wrong about the reasons for asking. I like the idea think its great for additional aero advantage might try it on a project myself.
 Ronnieroadster

Offline jww36

« Reply #14 on: December 17, 2019, 11:10:47 AM »
Ronnie;
I want to sincerely thank you for your comments on my roadster. Usually a car for sale on Landracing.com gets very little attention unless someone is interested. This exhaust topic might be good for business!

When I started thinking about building this car, being new to LSR, I kept a rule book by my bed on the night stand. That way when I woke up at 3 AM (usually to pee) if I had questions the rule book was close at hand. I saw nothing in the rules, 3.P  EXHAUST SYSTEM, regarding these outlets.

On NASCAR cars today, immediately after the cross over under the car, the exhaust turns 45 degrees and exits the car forward of the rear wheels. At speed, the air rushing past this 45 degree outlet helps scavenge the exhaust. When I thought about running the exhaust the full length of the car out the back, twice as long as these engines are tuned for,  the engine guys at DEI  said build the biggest exhaust outlets you can run.

As far as aerodynamic advantages, the only thing I know about aerodynamics is that it starts with an "a"! :-(
John

« Last Edit: December 17, 2019, 11:44:54 AM by jww36 »