Author Topic: you tube vids?  (Read 4320 times)

Offline comet

you tube vids?
« on: September 27, 2019, 11:30:16 AM »
Hi everyone
Usually there is a good amount of vids loaded on to Youtube after BMST. I enjoy watching them after the event, but this year I haven't really noticed many on there. Who has been loading vids up for us all to enjoy?
Any links?
Cheers all, have a good weekend.

John

Offline Doc B.

• Bottlehead Corp.
Re: you tube vids?
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2019, 12:04:15 AM »
My first run with a shot of nitrous on my 350 M-CF CB77, 95.612. I'm not sure what that guy with the green cloth is doing. Swatting flies, perhaps.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=38aD32y6wbI

Offline wobblywalrus

« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2019, 02:02:39 AM »
That salt looks like it would be hard to ride fast on.   

Offline Stainless1

• Administrator
  • Robert W. P. "Stainless" Steele
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2019, 11:04:15 AM »
Doc, get your head down....  :roll: or maybe change camera angle.   :laugh:
Good ride.  :cheers:
Stainless
Red Hat 228.039, 2001, 65ci, Bockscar Lakester #1000 with a little N2O

Offline Doc B.

• Bottlehead Corp.
« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2019, 11:39:53 AM »
I thought that too until I saw some other pics of my position. It's at least partly the wide angle lens distorting the perspective of my head so close to the lens. Much lower and my helmet was bouncing on the steering damper knob on the bumps. For a slowpoke like me on a fully suspended bike on the short course the salt was quite manageable. For the fast folks on the long course I heard it was a handful around the exit of the timed mile. 

Offline comet

« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2019, 03:21:58 AM »
Nice to see it Doc, thank you for the link. You can certainly see when the Nos kicks in. I agree, the muppet waving the cloth around really ought to move out of shot.  8-)
Any more links anyone?

Cheers all

Offline Doc B.

• Bottlehead Corp.
« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2020, 06:00:51 PM »

Offline comet

« Reply #7 on: February 11, 2020, 08:31:22 AM »
Thanks for the links Doc. It is great to see a few clips from last year. Thanks for posting.
Does anyone else have any vids? Or clips they haven't yet put on "the tube"?

Cheers all.

Offline Doc B.

• Bottlehead Corp.
« Reply #8 on: February 11, 2020, 01:13:23 PM »
Just found another good one with a nice slideshow and good run videos. "Good one" for me in particular as Queen Eileen shows up in the background with her fingers in her ears at 8:54, along with Rambo the Ambo our ex-ambulance race hauler, and I show up in the background at 9:03 under the silver umbrella on the left. The 702 was a really loud bike. And I should know about loud bikes...

This also clarifies why you were asking everyone if they knew where they were going the next day. Head for the mountain, keep it between the flags, stop if you get lost.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3px7zlyx6SQ
« Last Edit: February 11, 2020, 01:30:36 PM by Doc B. »

Offline Doc B.

• Bottlehead Corp.
« Reply #9 on: February 11, 2020, 02:09:50 PM »
The return run of the ZX10 with the wicked cool rear facing GoPro -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PETkf2_ODyc

Offline donpearsall

• http://soundappraisal.com
« Reply #10 on: February 11, 2020, 04:41:30 PM »
Thanks for posting your run videos, Doc. They are great. Keep on filming. BTW, I don't know what GoPro you have but with the ones that have GPS you can add "stickers" to your videos that tell speed, direction, altitude, G-force, etc.

Don
550 hp 2003 Suzuki Hayabusa Land Speed Racer

Offline Doc B.

• Bottlehead Corp.
« Reply #11 on: February 11, 2020, 06:54:56 PM »
Thanks Don. Only that first video is mine, done with a Samsung Gear 360. Unfortunately I have not found a similar kind of sticker capability for it. Sure would be sweet.

The rest of the links are cool videos from others that I mined from YouTube. I've been mining the interweb since Alta Vista was the search engine of choice and so maybe I'm a little more persistent than most when it comes to digging up links. Or probably just more of a nerd.

A few of you know that as an electronics guy I seem to have a sort electromagnetic attraction to videographers, recording engineers, etc. My 2018 and 2019 seasons have been put on video and it's looking like the 2020 season will be too. Will be interesting to see what comes of it all. I know there is at least some interesting material in there (that is to say there is material about something besides me). One camera man happened to be shooting when Hiro Koiso had his gnarly crash at 200 last year.

It's not 2019 material but I do have an overly long, partially completed home movie from my rookie 2018 season. If nothing else it's funny to watch my rookie enthusiasm. Actually completing a bike, getting to the salt and taking that first run was one of the most amazing experiences of my life.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E7ZrqGQjawc

Offline vereen

• New folks
« Reply #12 on: February 14, 2020, 06:54:24 AM »
Thanks a lot for the videos, I was looking for them too

Offline Doc B.

• Bottlehead Corp.
« Reply #13 on: February 29, 2020, 10:36:12 AM »
Not a youtube vid, but I just found a vid on FB of Jon Miller's very cool RZ250R running. Jon and I were in line next to each other Monday afternoon. Never met him before. I asked him about his bike and during the conversation it turns out he lives in the same small town as I do (as do the Rebers). Nice to live at the galactic center of the BMST off season.

https://www.facebook.com/jon.miller.7528/videos/10214347185569592/