Author Topic: Landracing Logo  (Read 7832 times)

Offline }{ead$hot Zod

• http://FriedDiesel.blogspot.com
Landracing Logo
« on: November 27, 2006, 02:54:40 PM »
Is there anyway we could get a vinyl version of the site logo for our vehicles. I thought this might be a nice way to support the site. Come up with 4 or 5 different sizes.
1992 Dodge D250 Cummins running biodiesel and waste vegetable oil.

#284 ?/DT

"I don't do use drugs but my truck does"
->Stage III Meth injector.

http://FriedDiesel.blogspot.com

landracing

Landracing Logo
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2006, 11:04:28 AM »
I will work on this...

Jon

Offline smitty2

• Worlds fastest miniature Pachyderm.
Landracing Logo
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2006, 02:33:09 PM »
I'll need at least 4 of the vinyls about 4 x 5 inchs or so. My truck needs something to go with the Mooneyes on the fender, and the wife can still see out her back window of her car.

Smitty

Offline bbb

• Aerodynamically Challenged
  • JorNic Motorsports
    • JorNic Motorsports, Charlottesville, Va.
Landracing Logo
« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2006, 11:10:28 PM »
great suggestion.
maybe make them available after X amount of $$ is donated to the site? site supporters then have a way to show their support to those not yet in the know?

Offline RidgeRunner

Re: Landracing Logo
« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2006, 09:26:29 PM »
great suggestion.
maybe make them available after X amount of $$ is donated to the site? site supporters then have a way to show their support to those not yet in the know?

I'll second that

Super Kaz

« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2006, 08:23:10 AM »
I will work on this...

Jon

If I still have My Rig "SPONSORS NEEDED!" I'd gladly put www.Landracing.com and any other site thats helps me out on the side! :wink:

Jon .
if you get some big stickers made let me know.

P.S The Trailer of Mine would Look Great with your Bikes sitting in it :wink:.

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Nancy and me and the pit bike
  • Administrator
  • Nancy -- 201.913 mph record on a production ZX15!
    • Nancy and Jon's personal website.
« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2007, 09:08:58 PM »
With all due respect to Jon's need to bring in some cash, I can help anyone get vinyl stickers made -- landracing.com or anything else, any size you want.  If you still want them let me know -- I'll pay the cost to have 'em made and sell 'em for whatever the traffic will bear -- and send anything over cost to Jonathon.  Today's January 20th -- I can ship them by this coming Tuesday, the 23rd, and probably within a day or three of my receipt of any orders.  No limits, any size.  Ask me on here and I'll get you prices -- I say on here so all can be comfy that Jonathon's getting his fair share.  I'm certainly not tring to steal his thunder -- I'm trying to get more non-racers to know abut landracing.com and our particular addiction.
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

Offline bbb

• JorNic Motorsports
« Reply #7 on: January 20, 2007, 09:40:43 PM »
so john you are able to do other vinyl besides the site logo?
are these plotter cut single color or are you true color printing on vinyl? what format do you need to work with?
just hd new logos done and need to have a set doen for the bike, one for the rear window of the expedition and 3 big'uns for the trailer. I can give you exact dimensions if this is something you can do.
what'chu talkin 'bout willis? ;)

landracing

« Reply #8 on: January 21, 2007, 04:32:58 AM »
I do have some vinyl stickers being made. Im not sure of the sizes yet, completion should be done soon.

I traded some services for the vinly so Ill see what it get when I get them. They have the artwork and ill just have to wait..

Jon

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: January 21, 2007, 10:27:33 AM »
Mr. BBB Sir!
Signs Unlimited is a Marquette sign shop that is managed by a M/C road-racer -- so he does lots of stuff for us just 'cause he likes bikes.  He's done all the work on our bikes and our truck/trailer -- at pretty decent prices, too.  Here's some background information to answer your questions:

He's equipped to do die-cuts of vinyl -- for instance, plain lettering -- or multi-color printing on vinyl -- or the big photos that are in the back windows of Nancy's car and my pickup.  I give him the photos and he scans 'em, or I email the file and he inputs it to the 'puter and prints it.  For the back window of a car or pickup I pay less than $100 installed.  I haven't stumped him yet when I've requested work.

Plain lettering is on any color vinyl you might imagine, or on reflective vinyl (not quite so many colors are available and it costs about twice as much, but I've got it all over my pickup - it's cool in a flash photo or in someone else's headlights).  I've got photos that I could send showing some of the stuff he's done for us so you can see just what I'm talking about (in case my descriptions are lacking in understandability).  He prints multi-color stuff -- like when I wanted 2 Club stickers in sizes not available from the clubs -- I'd get him the artwork and he'd print in the shape and size I needed to make the truck look right. 

He'll work from his stock of fonts and art -- or from your submitted art -- or from work you point out to him on the Internet.  This is how I know I could get landracing.com logos within a day or two -- I'd have him go to the site, capture the image, and print is out in true color at any size you want.  I've had him make up stickers for other groups I'm in -- the cost is VERY LOW per sticker, especially when I ordered a hundred of each size.  I won't say how low -- Jonathon gets the profit, remember -- but the cost to you will still be reasonable.

I cannot receive email yet today -- maybe within 24 hours or so -- so get back to me this way or by PM -- if you've got more questions.  I think I can email outgoing -- if so I'll see if I've still got your addy and send some  photos of what he's done for us so you can see.

PS  Everyone else -- you can have stuff done, too.  Let me know.
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

Offline narider

• Self Moderating
    • Twin Jugs Racing
« Reply #10 on: January 21, 2007, 11:09:19 AM »
We'd certainly purchase and run some LR decals JA... look forward to hearing when they're done.
JW, you have stickers and decals on your stuff?... I hadn't noticed!  :-P
Todd

Offline 4-barrel Mike

• Any fool can drive a V8
« Reply #11 on: January 21, 2007, 11:47:12 AM »
I'll certainly buy some.

Mike
Mike Kelly - PROUD owner of the V4F that powered the #1931 VGC to a 82.803 mph record in 2008!

dwarner

« Reply #12 on: January 21, 2007, 12:45:29 PM »
The stickers on Jon's rigs weigh more than the O.E.M. weight of the truck when new.

DW

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Administrator
« Reply #13 on: January 21, 2007, 12:55:08 PM »
Yeah, Dan, but if the truck or trailer ever get stolen -- they'll be easy for the cops to find.

For the sake of the discussion, the stickers on the new trailer - 8 x 16 - cost a total of a bit under $500 installed.  Photos, graphics, numbers and letters, reflective, even the backwards "Caution 11'6" clearance" sign visible through the driver's rearview mirror -- and I don't think the sign shop even put its name anywhere on the trailer so folks up here would see who did all the work.

Speaking of this stuff -- when I traded in the '02 pickup the dealership took it WITH all the stickers.  They later told me it took one of their lot boys over 12 hours to clean off all the stickers.
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

Offline bbb

• JorNic Motorsports
« Reply #14 on: January 21, 2007, 02:59:26 PM »
thanks john, got your email. I attached 3 versions of my new logo in psd, pdf and jpg. details of what I am looking for are in the email. I have tried to upload it to photobucket and snapfish, but the vectors wont allow it to resize it to fit.