Author Topic: Lee Sicilio #97 car - recovery from WoS '19 crash  (Read 5460 times)

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
Re: Lee Sicilio #97 car - recovery from WoS '19 crash
« Reply #15 on: October 28, 2019, 12:06:09 PM »
3rd hand info:   may have had to go back to hospital for some reason but is supposed to be recovering well
Miss LIBERTY,  changing T.K.I.  to noise, dust, rust, BLUE HATS & hopefully not scrap!!

"Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing."   Helen Keller

We are going to explore the racing N words NITROUS & NITRO!

Offline Stainless1

• Administrator
  • Robert W. P. "Stainless" Steele
« Reply #16 on: October 28, 2019, 12:42:08 PM »
Just got off the phone with him... he is recovering but still very sore... they had to plate n screw the ribs to get them in place to heal.  The cracked hip/pelvis hurts and he can't put weight on it... that will take time... nothing they can do be let it heal.  He was headed to the doc today.... said they seem to find something else every time he sees one....  :?  I told him that's because he's old... he said it still hurt to laugh...  :laugh:
All in all seems to be on the slow road to recovery.... and thinking about how he would build the car again....
He said Monte belted him in so tight it hurt... he credits that to keeping him alive... and will never bitch about that again.
 :cheers:
Stainless
Red Hat 228.039, 2001, 65ci, Bockscar Lakester #1000 with a little N2O

Offline wheelrdealer

• D/CBGALT
    • WHEELRDEALER RACING
« Reply #17 on: October 28, 2019, 02:04:40 PM »
Good the hear Lee is recovering.

Thanks for the update.

BR
ECTA    Maxton D/CGALT  Record Holder 167.522
ECTA    Maxton D/CBGALT Record Holder 166.715

WWW.WHEELRDEALER2100.COM

Offline manta22

• What, me worry?
« Reply #18 on: October 28, 2019, 02:17:50 PM »
That is good news. I hope Lee continues to recover.

Regards, Neil  Tucson, AZ
Regards, Neil  Tucson, AZ

Offline GD

« Reply #19 on: October 28, 2019, 09:40:11 PM »
Thanks for the update. I?ve been thinking of him too. Glad you?re mending up Lee.
Gord
Gord Driedger
53 Studebaker
Record holder Speedweek 2016 XF/FCC 162.698
Record holder Speedweek 2016 XF/GCC 158.978

Offline gnomenator

« Reply #20 on: October 29, 2019, 10:47:50 AM »
Thanks for the update, Stainless, I (and probably a bunch of others) have been checking regular to see if anything showed up, because as we all know , ANY crash is not a good crash! Glad to get the update indicating he is on the slooooow road to recovery, not a speed most of us are familar with  :-D ! And I agree with Lee, the first time Monty belted me in , I thought I would pass out from lack of air, but as Lee and most of us know , that's Monty's way of making SURE we are as safe as can be expected and as always a BIG thank-you to him and all the great folks that make WOS possible! Best during your recovery Lee and hopefully Rob is going to get on that road soon! Happy Holidays all!   :cheers: :cheers: