Author Topic: Rob Freyvogel/Carbiliner #496  (Read 38956 times)

Offline ronnieroadster

Re: Rob Freyvogel/Carbiliner #496
« Reply #30 on: September 28, 2019, 05:54:14 PM »
Theres a go fund me page underway on facebook many of us have donated what we could to help out.  As of today the total is $25,000
 The hopes are to reach $50,000 so Rob can be taken back to PA the air fare for the trip is enormous.
Working in the shop I use the 'F' word a lot. No not that word these words Focus and Finish go Fast and Flathead Ford!
 ECTA  XF/BGRMR Record 179.8561
 LTA    XF/BGRMR  Record 200.921 First  Ever Ford Flathead Roadster to hit 200 MPH burning gasoline July 2018
 SCTA  XF/BGRMR Record 205.744  First gas burning Ford flathead powered roadster to top 200 MPH at Bonneville August 7, 2021 top speed 219.717
 SCTA  XXF/BGRMR Record 216.131 plus a Red Hat
"Life Member of the Bonneville 200 MPH Club"

Offline trimmers

• Jeff in Boise
------------- 1 of just 3 in all 3  -------------
USFRA 130 MPH Club 09/18/2008 136.757
USFRA 150 MPH Club 09/17/2009 152.162
Bonneville 200 MPH Club 09/15/2019 218.600
Best Run: 253.080 MPH 09/14/2019 #6556

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Nancy and me and the pit bike
  • Administrator
  • Nancy -- 201.913 mph record on a production ZX15!
    • Nancy and Jon's personal website.
« Reply #32 on: October 01, 2019, 04:09:27 PM »
Posted on their FB page:

Carbinite LSR
September 29 at 8:07 PM

Rob is continuing to heal and is now completely off the ventilator and breathing on his own. Wanted to share this pic taken Sunday as we were waiting in line to run just before the crash. With me is (Stephen) a First Robotics team member and his mom that came up from Texas to check out the innovation and try to get some direction as he heads to college. The 2 guys on the right are "strays" from Georgia we picked up last year. This is a typical day around Rob and the car. The official team motto is, "To serve, to learn, to inspire" I can't even begin to count the number of students and adults alike that Rob, through this car, has inspired. Rob has taken the car to dozens of schools and events to show just what can be accomplished through hard work, ingenuity and using the gifts and passions God has given you. We have truly been blessed with the friendships developed along the way. Our prayer from the beginning was that God would use this car to inspire others and show Himself to those who were watching. We did not anticipate these circumstances, but God is definitely answering our prayer, and I know that will make Rob smile soon. Andy for the team.
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Administrator
« Reply #33 on: October 04, 2019, 12:35:20 PM »
Today's post from the Carbiliner FB page:

Marathons are a mystery to me! I?ve never trained for one, or even watched one. What I imagine is that, after the initial rush at the starting line, the participants settle into a groove of running, walking, or wheeling a chair. Eyes are still ahead, planning for the end of the run, completely alert to changes in the terrain that could cause be dangerous.

We had been in that groove with Rob?s progress, then he developed the blood clot. Now we are back into the groove. His IV blood thinner level is therapeutic so we are letting that medication do its job. He is still being monitored closely, we are still working to get him home, and we continue to keep him grounded by communicating with him. His body continues to heal, he is still getting nutritional support and physical therapy, and we are providing the conditions he needs for his brain to heal.

Our communications will start decreasing now since there really is not much to report. Rather than daily, we will update every other day. Not because we want to hide anything, there just isn?t much to say! Certainly if there is anything to report, we will post.

Grateful for each of you, and for your support,
Sue and Family
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Administrator
« Reply #34 on: October 09, 2019, 09:28:47 AM »
Sue posted this last night:

I had traveled back to PA this past weekend to spend some time with our children, pets, and Carbinite family. It was a refreshing time at home, very relaxing and much needed. Andy stayed with Rob, and for that I am very grateful!

I had hoped to return to SLC and have some great things to report to everyone. But we are still in the holding pattern. Rob did have his eyes open for a decent amount of time today when I was talking with him. But no other progress on waking up. Nothing else to report about Rob's medical status.

We are continuing to work on finding a facility around Pittsburgh. Hoping we will have some solid news on that front tomorrow. If there is anything to share, I will post!

Many thanks to everyone around the world for your support and encouragement!

Sue and Family
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Administrator
« Reply #35 on: October 12, 2019, 08:38:52 AM »
Here's some encouraging news about Rob Freyvogel.  This is Sue's update from last night:
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

Offline manta22

• What, me worry?
« Reply #36 on: October 12, 2019, 12:00:08 PM »
That is great news! Rob and Sue are in Joline's and my prayers.
Regards, Neil  Tucson, AZ

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #37 on: October 12, 2019, 01:00:58 PM »
What great news  Rob is going to be me to PA   :cheers:
Miss LIBERTY,  changing T.K.I.  to noise, dust, rust, BLUE HATS & hopefully not scrap!!

"Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing."   Helen Keller

We are going to explore the racing N words NITROUS & NITRO!

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Administrator
« Reply #38 on: October 13, 2019, 11:37:54 PM »
Sue's Sunday afternoon post:

Here's a flashback photo by Liz Leggett Papp from SpeedWeek 2014, which was rained out. The team traveled the 1961 miles west only to have their plans foiled by the weather. That whole thing about "the best laid plans of mice and men often go awry" is so true way more often than most of us would like!

Which is the case with our trip back to PA. We have known that Rob has some fluid near the front of his skull. The doctors have been watching it, and ordered another CT scan before sending us on our journey home. In order to make sure that Rob has the best chance for recovery, the decision was made to keep him in Utah to deal with the fluid by placing a drain.

I completely understand the importance of this, and definitely want to make sure Rob is set-up for recovery. A bit disappointing, but I trust Rob's doctor when he says that this is a good course of action. The surgery will be sometime Monday. He should go back to the ICU for a day or so, and will need a few days for recovery.

He's had his eyes open more today than I've seen. The Formula 1 race is on the TV now. He hasn't taken the time to sit and watch a race for years. Hopefully, he is enjoying this!

Many thanks to our friends from around the world!
Sue and Family

I didn't attach the pic - a shot of the 496 car in front if the hangar at Wendover Airfield.
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

Offline Calkins

• On Any Sunday
    • Facebook
« Reply #39 on: October 14, 2019, 08:35:08 AM »
Justin Calkins - Iowa Falls, Iowa  USA

Offline manta22

• What, me worry?
« Reply #40 on: October 17, 2019, 11:20:22 AM »
The total collected on GoFundMe to date is $35,275.

Just a reminder that Sue Freyvogel and Rob can use anything you can spare. He is still in the hospital in Salt Lake City but if things go as planned he will be flown back to PA on a medical "air ambulance" flight. Rob is in for a long recovery from his head injury.   

https://www.gofundme.com/f/help-the-freyvogels
Regards, Neil  Tucson, AZ

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Administrator
« Reply #41 on: October 21, 2019, 11:00:10 AM »
Here's the newest post from Sue Freyvogel:

I was searching the YouTube archives for something to post today, and thought some of you may enjoy this video from Century of Speed. I believe from January 2014. My apologies, I do not know who produced the video so I cannot credit them. It was not Carbinite LSR. Feel free to add the producer to the comments if you know, I like to give credit where credit is due! It?s a bit on the longer side and does show a few other cars that were at this event.

Late last evening, the wintery weather hit the area of Salt Lake City where I went to get out of the hospital for a while. That slushy rain-snow mix was falling, and the cold was chilling to the bone. I felt for the folks that were at the college football game! The weather is not much better at home, which is okay since we aren?t quite ready to transfer there anyway.

Rob had a head CT on Friday to check if the drains placed last Monday had done their job. The doctors were pleased with the results and clamped the drains. He will need another head CT, probably tomorrow, to see if the fluid is accumulating again. Then next steps will be decided after seeing that CT. Temperature is back down to normal with the addition of antibiotics to his treatment regime.

Still opening his eyes a good deal of the time. Not moving his arms yet. We have seen more movements of his legs, particularly the right leg. Primarily reflex movements, but we have noticed a few times that he SEEMS to be moving the right leg on command. Not enough to say with absolute certainty, but I will take it!

The prayers from around the world are moving this mountain! Slowly we are seeing progress, and each little step forward keeps my hopes up. The steps back can be expected, and I have been praying for patience and courage for all of us that are involved in Rob?s journey as we experience the ups and downs. God has been providing all that I need on a daily basis ? sometimes minute by minute. For that, and for each of you, I am thankful.

Sue and Family

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XYsi44KExBk&feature=youtu.be&fbclid=IwAR23biSmF4HbnHDmgvFo7DcYMjuHgt3eCt6XGKV0ei9dVzuDydmODF3YpRk
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

Offline tauruck

« Reply #42 on: October 21, 2019, 12:34:06 PM »
Thanks Sue. We're praying.

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #43 on: October 21, 2019, 01:38:50 PM »
Linda and I were in New Castle Pa Thursday through Sat  for a mine family reunion I had several family members ask about Rob who lives right down the road!! They knew we both  raced on the Salt!!
Miss LIBERTY,  changing T.K.I.  to noise, dust, rust, BLUE HATS & hopefully not scrap!!

"Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing."   Helen Keller

We are going to explore the racing N words NITROUS & NITRO!

Offline trimmers

• Jeff in Boise
« Reply #44 on: November 21, 2019, 03:00:57 PM »
According to a post on their Facebook page from 16 hours ago, they made the flight back to PA with Rob.  Hope he continues to improve - but even more rapidly!  I'm sure Sue is glad to finally be back home.

Jeff in Boise

------------- 1 of just 3 in all 3  -------------
USFRA 130 MPH Club 09/18/2008 136.757
USFRA 150 MPH Club 09/17/2009 152.162
Bonneville 200 MPH Club 09/15/2019 218.600
Best Run: 253.080 MPH 09/14/2019 #6556