Author Topic: Rob Freyvogel/Carbiliner #496  (Read 38835 times)

Offline USFRAMONTE

Re: Rob Freyvogel/Carbiliner #496
« Reply #15 on: September 19, 2019, 11:36:01 PM »
4 of us went to the Hospital tonight to visit with Rob's wife, family and friends. He has an amazing support network. Some of our local club members are providing places for them to stay, food and transportation. We will offer what help we can to make it as trouble free as possible for them. The family is amazed at the support , prayers and well wishes from the LSR community. Please keep them in your thoughts and prayers.

Offline dw230

« Reply #16 on: September 20, 2019, 11:08:49 AM »
Thank you USFRA
White Goose Bar - Where LSR is a lifestyle
Alcohol - because no good story starts with a salad.

Don't be Karen, be Beth

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #17 on: September 20, 2019, 11:13:07 AM »
Monte it is so gratifying to hear of the out pouring of support you USFRA members and their family members are extending to the extended Carbiliners!!!       Keep on keepin' on!!
Miss LIBERTY,  changing T.K.I.  to noise, dust, rust, BLUE HATS & hopefully not scrap!!

"Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing."   Helen Keller

We are going to explore the racing N words NITROUS & NITRO!

Offline Bob Drury

« Reply #18 on: September 20, 2019, 12:53:52 PM »
   To Rob's family and friend's... Stay strong and keep the faith.  We have a lot of folk's in the LSR and other Racing Communities all praying for Rob's quick recovery.  And to Monte and the USFRA, what can I say...God Bless.
                                                                      Bob Drury
Bob Drury

Offline desotoman

« Reply #19 on: September 20, 2019, 02:02:31 PM »
4 of us went to the Hospital tonight to visit with Rob's wife, family and friends. He has an amazing support network. Some of our local club members are providing places for them to stay, food and transportation. We will offer what help we can to make it as trouble free as possible for them. The family is amazed at the support , prayers and well wishes from the LSR community. Please keep them in your thoughts and prayers.

Monte,

As a USFRA member can I contribute some money to our members who are helping Robs family members out?  If so where would I be able to send the money?

Thanks,

Tom G.

Get better Rob, more prayers sent.
I love the USA. How much longer will we be a free nation?

Asking questions is one's only way of getting answers.

The rational person lets verified facts form or modify his opinion.  The ideologue ignores verified facts which don't fit his preconceived opinions.

Offline USFRAMONTE

« Reply #20 on: September 20, 2019, 02:15:55 PM »
In my opinion, any donations would best be given to both Rob and Lee. Their medical bills are going to be very costly.
I will see what can be done to set something up for those wishing to donate. The local club members are happy to donate their time and whatever else they can.
I will get back to all, once I check into this.

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Nancy and me and the pit bike
  • Administrator
  • Nancy -- 201.913 mph record on a production ZX15!
    • Nancy and Jon's personal website.
« Reply #21 on: September 20, 2019, 02:50:30 PM »
You can also donate to the Utah Motorsports Foundation.  They collect donations year round and distribute some $$ to race drivers and families after serious crashes.  I don't know if you can designate where your donation will go - You might consider asking them (The Nish family is my conduit to the UMF - ask them for details).

Ditto, by the way, the El Mirage Ladies Auxiliary.  I know personally - both of these fine groups surprised the dickens out of us when Nancy crashed a few years ago at Bonneville.  I barely knew they existed - they each gave us some funds.  Thank you once again.
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

Offline USFRAMONTE

« Reply #22 on: September 20, 2019, 03:05:33 PM »
Jon, you are absolutely correct. Both of those are already set up to help. And in fact, Lee mentioned that he had heard from the El Mirage Ladies group.
That will be the way to help with donations.

I have to say, I am proud to be a part of the land racing community. Everyone is willing to jump in and help at all times, good and bad. This is a very special group of people.

Offline gnomenator

« Reply #23 on: September 21, 2019, 09:39:01 AM »
Nice job Monte, as usual, you and the USFRA team are on it! You guys did an amazing job again this year at WOS. And I'm sure that the families that you guys have supported and helped at this time of crisis are very deeply thankful to you folks who care so much for the racers and fans. We couldn't do it without you guys, so a big THANK-YOU  to all involved! Of course ,it goes without saying that our thoughts and prayers are with Rob and Lee and their families for a full ,complete recovery! Each and every one of us who put on our gear are at similar risk , and it's a comfort to know that our 'family' of racers always have our back! Again , thank you guys & gals so much for your hard work and caring! :cheers:

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Administrator
« Reply #24 on: September 21, 2019, 09:54:57 AM »
Here's today's Facebook post from Sue Freyvogel:
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

Offline Calkins

• On Any Sunday
    • Facebook
« Reply #25 on: September 21, 2019, 10:37:08 AM »
Carbinite LSR:

Saturday morning update:

Very rough night. Rob vomited a number of times. That put the MRI on hold since you have to lie flat. We could not risk him vomiting while in there. Surgeons have been asked to evaluate.

I stayed with him last night and did not sleep much. So this will be a short post this morning. And will post more once we know anything.

With much gratitude,
Sue and family

Justin Calkins - Iowa Falls, Iowa  USA

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #26 on: September 22, 2019, 08:07:18 PM »
Rob & Sue Linda and I are thinking of you,  all of we LSR racers are thinking and asking each other have we heard and new developments---You are at the forefront of our thoughts and prayers!!  Sparky and Linda Phoenix
Miss LIBERTY,  changing T.K.I.  to noise, dust, rust, BLUE HATS & hopefully not scrap!!

"Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing."   Helen Keller

We are going to explore the racing N words NITROUS & NITRO!

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Administrator
« Reply #27 on: September 22, 2019, 11:51:26 PM »
This is from Sue Freyvogel about 11PM Eastern time Sunday.
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

Offline racergeo

« Reply #28 on: September 23, 2019, 12:27:53 AM »
   My friend Roger said he knew of Rob's wreck by seeing a picture of the CARBILINER on a trailer. Who ever posted it must have taken it down as he could no longer find it. He said it was BADLY WRECKED.

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Administrator
« Reply #29 on: September 23, 2019, 05:34:54 PM »
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com