Author Topic: CHALLENGER 2 AUCTION  (Read 12985 times)

Offline DRW

Re: CHALLENGER 2 AUCTION
« Reply #15 on: September 29, 2019, 10:22:01 PM »
Wow, , I had never even thought of that,What if someone from another country took it . .

Doesnt Mean That Much To me, To Mean That Much To You !

Offline kiwi belly tank

« Reply #16 on: September 30, 2019, 01:17:37 AM »
If you consider how much time & money goes into building a fast liner, it's even feasible that somebody could buy it with the intention to run it!
  Sid.

Offline STICK777

« Reply #17 on: September 30, 2019, 01:54:50 AM »
Not really latest technology since it's basically 50 years old... but very fast nonetheless.

Offline ratpatrol66

« Reply #18 on: September 30, 2019, 02:59:16 AM »
DTs car and he can do with it as he wants. It would be a shame for anybody to buy it and run it. There is history and legacy but maybe he wants to let it go?

Offline DallasV

« Reply #19 on: September 30, 2019, 12:52:00 PM »
Not really latest technology since it's basically 50 years old... but very fast nonetheless.

Beyond the Challenger name there is very little on that car that is 50 year old technology
Records or parts, I didn't come all this way not to break something.

Offline STICK777

« Reply #20 on: September 30, 2019, 01:20:46 PM »
Beyond the Challenger name there is very little on that car that is 50 year old technology

Well, to my knowledge the entire chassis, some bodywork and the entire driveline configuration are 'original'.
The Ford's were exchanged for the Hemis... even Danny himself said that today he would build a LSR streamliner
 different and just 'less complicated'.

Offline racergeo

« Reply #21 on: October 05, 2019, 09:30:31 PM »
   I have a different take on the Challenger 2. In as much as Danny has a time slip that proves it was 50 years ahead of it's time, it becomes the state of the art.I can think of MANY cars that are failed attempts. Never lived up to there builders expectations. It more than lived up to it's builders expectations. Danny took several years and enough changes (32 inches longer) to make it successful. Four wheel drive and a lot of hemi power is state of the art in my opinion. I had the pleasure of speaking with Danny after his successful run and mentioned his exit speed indicating it had more in it. He thought with a few more percent, maybe a little more compression, it had a record of over 460 in it. I don't think he wants to take any chances with what amounts to his retirement money.

Offline racergeo

« Reply #22 on: October 05, 2019, 09:41:40 PM »
   If someone wanted to take "state of the art" to the next level they would talk Herbert & Everham out of there liner and outfit it with a couple turbo LS engines complete with traction control. The one guy that can afford that would then be the 500 mph man.  :-D

Offline John Burk

« Reply #23 on: October 06, 2019, 12:36:05 AM »
On both Danny's 2018 qualifying and record runs Challenger 2 got crossed up and had to lift . On the 450 run the data recorder showed he was off the throttle (decelerating) for 3 seconds . He felt then it would have been a 470 run .

Offline racergeo

« Reply #24 on: October 06, 2019, 11:21:51 AM »
   Well there you have it. His foot lifting off the throttle and preventing a crash or worse yet, an aborted run :lol: the absolute state of the art.Told ya

Offline desotoman

« Reply #25 on: October 06, 2019, 12:53:30 PM »
George,

I am guessing the reserve on the car would be around 2 million for Danny's retirement. Then you have to freshen the car up and find tires.

George, I say go for it, you only live once.

Tom G.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2019, 12:57:51 PM by desotoman »
I love the USA. How much longer will we be a free nation?

Asking questions is one's only way of getting answers.

The rational person lets verified facts form or modify his opinion.  The ideologue ignores verified facts which don't fit his preconceived opinions.

Offline racergeo

« Reply #26 on: October 06, 2019, 02:01:24 PM »
   Tom,you are addressing this to GEORGE POTEET, correct???? As far as only live once, speak for your self. I was here previously as the look alike harem "satisfier" for king Solomon. He needed the rest :-P

Offline desotoman

« Reply #27 on: October 06, 2019, 02:36:11 PM »
   Tom,you are addressing this to GEORGE POTEET, correct????

Mr. Poteet already has a streamliner. No, I am addressing this to you "Racergeo". I think you should go for it. Two Nitro burning Hemi's powering you down the Bonneville Salt Flats, what a rush, what a great sound those motors would make.

A once in a lifetime opportunity so don't miss out.

Tom G. 
I love the USA. How much longer will we be a free nation?

Asking questions is one's only way of getting answers.

The rational person lets verified facts form or modify his opinion.  The ideologue ignores verified facts which don't fit his preconceived opinions.

Offline racergeo

« Reply #28 on: October 06, 2019, 04:32:26 PM »
   Tom, in a strange twist of fate my winning ticket went missing. Was right after I posted a search for a "house keeper-personal assistant, between 18 & 21 from meh-e-co"   Probably the best thing as the wife thinks all that money would have changed me. You think? To what? :evil:

Offline Rex Schimmer

• Only time and money prevent completion!
« Reply #29 on: October 07, 2019, 12:31:27 PM »
Great article and pictures of Danny and his car in the latest issue of "RACER" magazine.

Rex
Rex

Not much matters and the rest doesn't matter at all.