Author Topic: RWB Rules  (Read 4047 times)

Offline TerBer

• New folks
RWB Rules
« on: August 21, 2019, 12:14:51 PM »
Do I need a steering damper and a Deadman lanyard for the Run what you brung class? I'm running a old Harley-Davidson with a FL front end complete with sheet metal. Not too many places to mount a steering damper.

Offline Doc B.

• Bottlehead Corp.
Re: RWB Rules
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2019, 02:47:43 PM »
The rules specific to RWB are at this link:

https://bonnevillespeedtrials.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/06/Run_Watcha_Brung19.pdf

The general approach to this is if it isn't spelled out in the rules, you don't need to do it. I have absolutely no authority whatsoever. Please read through the rules yourself rather than trusting my limited comprehension. It may be a little difficult to get answers from tech@bonnevillespeedtrials at the moment as all hands are on deck trying to get things ready.

Offline TerBer

• New folks
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2019, 03:05:38 PM »
I've read the rules and that's why I'm confused. The land speed racing supplemental says all classes are to have steering dampers, but the Run what you brung supplemental, only says that "a" steering damper can't be used as a Fork stop!

Offline Pippi2

• "Do or do not.... there is no try"
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2019, 10:23:27 PM »
For official clarification, please contact our Tech Dept:  tech@bonnevillespeedtrials.com

Offline Stainless1

• Administrator
  • Robert W. P. "Stainless" Steele
« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2019, 10:41:11 PM »
I'm guessing it might be a little late to contact tech.... but please let us know how it went
Stainless
Red Hat 228.039, 2001, 65ci, Bockscar Lakester #1000 with a little N2O

Offline Pippi2

« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2019, 11:58:39 AM »
I'm guessing it might be a little late to contact tech.... but please let us know how it went

By the 21st everyone is already at the Salt prepping or packed up and on the road.
The rule books are posted on our website. https://bonnevillespeedtrials.com/rulesclasses/
For those getting ready for next year - because there is always- NEXT YEAR!  :-D
- keep in mind- sometimes there are rule changes that are updated on the website.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2019, 12:02:09 PM by Pippi2 »

Offline Stainless1

• Administrator
  • Robert W. P. "Stainless" Steele
« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2019, 12:26:33 PM »
TerBer... please update this thread with your BMST experience.  It is always good to hear from first timers...  especially if they plan to be next timers as well.
 :cheers:
Stainless
Red Hat 228.039, 2001, 65ci, Bockscar Lakester #1000 with a little N2O

Offline Pippi2

« Reply #7 on: September 01, 2019, 09:38:30 PM »
TerBer... please update this thread with your BMST experience.  It is always good to hear from first timers...  especially if they plan to be next timers as well.
 :cheers:

-and shoot us an email too! :) We're not always on this forum and it's best to hear things directly: info@bonnevillespeedtrials.com