Author Topic: Simspeed UWD LSR Design Project  (Read 89923 times)

Offline racergeo

Re: Simspeed UWD LSR Design Project
« Reply #330 on: October 28, 2019, 06:27:49 PM »
  When you have driven on wet salt at 250-300-400??? mph, made a split second  correction to prevent what would have been a crash,guided a car to a safe stop that's parachutes had failed,made tuning decisions resulting in several mph more speed resulting in a record, all while watching a yaw (ha) string then I'll be the first to say "you can do it"". Till then, what Rich just said :-D

Offline racergeo

« Reply #331 on: November 03, 2019, 11:16:58 PM »
  I'd like to be defined as the guy that helped you decide whether your ideas have any merit. There is a shifter kart with a 450 cc Honda engine for sale on E bay. An actual race shifter kart has 125cc. Buy it. build an aluminum ring 4 " wide (flat for contact patch) that is slightly smaller I.D. then the tire with say 10lbs air. Pump the tire up to 40 lbs and your ready for snow. Wait till your rode gets well compacted and give it a go. If it works as well as studded tires and hopefully even better then you have cause to go to World of Speed. In the past they let go karts run on the mile course. They always spun out numerous times and held things up, so they discontinued allowing them.  If you contact them and tell them you are testing for a 600 mph effort they probably will let you run on the outer edges of the track. If your traction ring is fairly thin then if it does dig into the course the rubber tire that has little traction will act as a limiter of damage.Once it digs down to the tire, it being 11 inch wide will prevent it from digging further.  If this idea (solid tires) that many have poopooed has any merit, then a shifter kart is the ultimate I told ya so vehicle. I have owned two 125cc shifter karts and they were brutal. This 450cc kart properly geared should go well into the 150 mph range. In my mind you are defined by the following remark,"but frankly I don't see rubber tires advancing the unlimited records much beyond todays marks" PROVE IT :evil: :evil: :-D 

Offline Fabrizio T.

• New folks
« Reply #332 on: December 18, 2022, 08:24:53 AM »
Hi Alls,How is this project progressing?Thanks.Fabrizio from Italy.