Author Topic: HAPPY THANKSGIVING!  (Read 5361 times)

Super Kaz

HAPPY THANKSGIVING!
« on: November 23, 2006, 08:58:53 AM »
I HOPE EVERYONE HAS A GREAT THANKSGIVING :wink: !!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Nancy and me and the pit bike
  • Administrator
  • Nancy -- 201.913 mph record on a production ZX15!
    • Nancy and Jon's personal website.
Happy Thanksgiving
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2006, 10:30:21 AM »
Nancy's gone for the weekend, so a couple of the guys are coming to the house for a traditional meal with me.  We're having fresh lake trout, rib eye steaks, and hot apple dumplings.

Best wishes to all for a SAFE and happy holiday.
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

Offline Glen

• Global Moderator
  • SCTA/BNI timer 1983 to 2004, Retired,. Crew on Tur
happy
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2006, 10:58:00 AM »
Carol and I are having a quiet thanks giving this year. We are also taking care of our neighbors horses while they are away. Getting the bird ready to go in the oven.Everyone in LSR land have a great and safe thanksgiving day and say a prayer for our service personnel around the world that give us  the freedom to have this day.

Glen & Carol :D
Glen
Crew on Turbinator II

South West, Utah

Offline desotoman

HAPPY THANKSGIVING!
« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2006, 11:57:07 AM »
Happy Thanksgiving. Go ahead and splurge today. You have 5 months to lose the weight to be able to get back in your leathers or fire suit.  :)
Tom G.
I love the USA. How much longer will we be a free nation?

Asking questions is one's only way of getting answers.

The rational person lets verified facts form or modify his opinion.  The ideologue ignores verified facts which don't fit his preconceived opinions.

terry russell

HAPPY THANKSGIVING!
« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2006, 12:42:58 PM »
Hey Slim the trout/dumplings sound great. But seldom seem fat just dont work :lol: .Hope everyone has a good day

Offline smitty2

• Worlds fastest miniature Pachyderm.
HAPPY THANKSGIVING!
« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2006, 02:59:07 PM »
My wife keeps telling me to stuff the "Business end of the bird" what ever that is.

Happy Thanks Giving Everyone!

landracing

HAPPY THANKSGIVING!
« Reply #6 on: November 23, 2006, 03:47:27 PM »
AFter 12 years of marrage, and after 12 years of turkey sandwiches for thanksgiving meals, I decided to put on the full spread for her.
turkey, stuffing, jello, potatoes, ham and all the accessories. Problem is just her and I so I see a bunch of already cooked meals for the next couple weeks.

Happy Thanksgiving all.

Jon

Super Kaz

HAPPY THANKSGIVING!
« Reply #7 on: November 23, 2006, 04:32:36 PM »
Quote from: landracing
AFter 12 years of marrage, and after 12 years of turkey sandwiches for thanksgiving meals, I decided to put on the full spread for her.
turkey, stuffing, jello, potatoes, ham and all the accessories. Problem is just her and I so I see a bunch of already cooked meals for the next couple weeks.

Happy Thanksgiving all.

Jon

Jon,
You get 10 Extra"Good Husband Point's" for that one! :wink:

bak189

HAPPY THANKSGIVING!
« Reply #8 on: November 23, 2006, 04:33:48 PM »
Happy Thanksgiving, to all the great  people and workers that allow us to go Landspeed Racing  (Yes, that includes you Glen, thanks for all your tireless years of hard work)
B.B.

Offline Glen

• Global Moderator
  • SCTA/BNI timer 1983 to 2004, Retired,. Crew on Tur
happy
« Reply #9 on: November 23, 2006, 05:08:55 PM »
Heck Jon, I've been doing the turkey dinners for 34 years, you have now started something, so for the rest of your happy marrage you will cook turkeys twice a year and eat crow the other 363 days. lol
Have a great one, hope to see you soon.
Glen :roll:
Glen
Crew on Turbinator II

South West, Utah

landracing

HAPPY THANKSGIVING!
« Reply #10 on: November 23, 2006, 05:11:41 PM »
So I dont really get it. Holidays... Like this one. Spent terrible experience at grocery store last night, spend hours of prepping and cooking today, all followed by 5 minutes of shoving my face with food, put 3/4 of the leftovers in the fridge (which you know most will get thrown away in a week), clean up, 2 loads of dishes, and now spend a misrable 2 hours on the couch because I ate too much....

So wife asks before we eat, "What are you thankfull for" and the only response I think that came out in about .001 seconds, "You, honey".... The appropriate answer got a huge smile...

Now we are arguing about when the christmas tree goes up.... The day before christmas or not at all... I don't think that was the correct answer...

Jon

terry russell

HAPPY THANKSGIVING!
« Reply #11 on: November 23, 2006, 06:11:13 PM »
Quote from: landracing

Now we are arguing about when the christmas tree goes up.... The day before christmas or not at all... I don't think that was the correct answer...

Cyndia put the tree up last week I have no say so in that  matter been that way for 25 years no need in me starting any thing now. Still wet and cold out side :lol:

Offline }{ead$hot Zod

• http://FriedDiesel.blogspot.com
HAPPY THANKSGIVING!
« Reply #12 on: November 23, 2006, 06:41:49 PM »
Happy Thanksgiving from the biggest deep fryer on wheels..........
1992 Dodge D250 Cummins running biodiesel and waste vegetable oil.

#284 ?/DT

"I don't do use drugs but my truck does"
->Stage III Meth injector.

http://FriedDiesel.blogspot.com