Author Topic: more hurdles  (Read 1756 times)

Offline neandethal

more hurdles
« on: July 19, 2019, 04:39:21 AM »
Hi Folks,
Thought everything was sorted for shipping my bike out to the flats from the UK but now i'm being asked for a EIN number and the receiving depot is hesitant for some reason, anyone got any thoughts how/who i can get one from, needs to be a Wendover business?? I think this is just needed to be put on the CBP form and carried now financial liability. cheers Ian

Offline Lemming Motors

Re: more hurdles
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2019, 07:56:12 AM »
As I am UK based and will be shipping in 2021 this interests me but I am sorry I cant add value here - thats an Employer number isnt it? Presumably some way to prove that some entity exists?

Is that something to do with the Importer of Record (and no, I dont know much about that either)?

A Bonneville Lakester please barman.
Certainly sir; a lick of salt, a sip of gas and a twist of Lemming. More Lemming sir?
Just a squeeze.

A Squeeze of Lemming it is sir.

Offline Jack Gifford

Re: more hurdles
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2019, 01:09:52 AM »
Not sure if this has any bearing on your situation, but-
On my mom's death a decade ago, I was executor of her estate. The IRS needed an EIN for something (can't remember what). Surprisingly, the IRS representative was very helpful(!) and offered to issue me a temporary EIN, which they later de-activated. Perhaps you could ask about the possibility of a temporary EIN?
M/T Pontiac hemi guru
F/BFL 1-mile Loring record 2020