Author Topic: Team NAE's Most Recent Test Session  (Read 6299 times)

Offline Jondolar

• New folks
    • http://www.landspeed.com
Team NAE's Most Recent Test Session
« on: November 23, 2006, 01:35:18 AM »
Last weekend, 11/18/06, many of Team NAE was on the lake bed conducting test runs as a continuation of our testing phase of this project. First, on behalf of the team, I want to thank anyone who came out to watch or help us with this session. This was the second of such sessions; the first being last June.

I would also like to thank, on behalf of Ed Shadle and Keith Zanghi (along with the rest of the team), George Callaway for his kind and generous assistance to the project. It never ceases to amaze me how the people involved in this sport are such helpful, understanding and supportive folks. It is a tribute to the quality of people such as these who give me reason to still believe there is hope for our great country and its future.

As most of you who lurk through this forum know, when working on your car - and especially an unlimited class one that is arrayed with so many different systems to check over - it can take nearly all day to simply get it at the end of the course to get a run or two in before daylight is no longer available. The condition of the lake bed is, IMHO, in good shape. I hope everyone who uses it for their personal recreation keeps it that way, out of consideration for those who come there to race.

However, due to the fact that our project is based in Washington state, the project's future plans will be to conduct further test sessions closer to home due to the time and expense, as well as the proximity to such a highly populated metropolitan area like Los Angeles. We hope that by next spring or early summer our vehicle's all aluminum alloy wheels with titanium bands on the outer running surface, will be completed and available to run on the NAE. This will allow us to run at speeds above the limitations of the aircraft tires we have been running on up to this point.

Should those of you who are interested in following our project's continued progress, I invite you to visit the NAE's web site @ www.landspeed.com and learn about where we'll be conducting future test runs in hopes of giving our new contender, Steve Fossett, a run for his money; even though we don't have any, yet. It hasn't stopped us yet.
Jondolar
NAE Webslave & C.I.O.
"Challenges can be stumbling blocks, or stepping stones. It's just a matter of how you view them." Unknown

Offline PorkPie

• think fast.....always
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2006, 04:53:38 PM »
Jon,

call it real Hot Rodder...

we got not the money......but we build this thing :wink:
Pork Pie

Photoartist & Historian & 200 MPH Club Member (I/GL 202.8 mph in the orig. Bockscar #1000)

Offline Jondolar

• New folks
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2006, 12:06:20 AM »
Quote from: PorkPie
Jon,

Sorry buddy, but your comments are a bit difficult to decipher what you're meaning. Care to explain a bit more?
Jondolar
NAE Webslave & C.I.O.
"Challenges can be stumbling blocks, or stepping stones. It's just a matter of how you view them." Unknown

Offline JackD

• NOBODY'S FOOL
WELL HERE GOES
« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2006, 05:32:06 AM »
Quote from: PorkPie
Jon,

In my best translation from German I think it is meant as a complement.
It would seem that like most true "Hot Rodders", you have more desire than money.
That is the part that will gain the most respect in the LSR community.
"I would rather lose going fast enough to win than win going slow enough to lose."
"That horrible smell is dirty feet being held to the fire"

Offline PorkPie

• think fast.....always
« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2006, 09:56:28 AM »
Jon, what I meant

Ed and the whole team got the spirit of the old Hot Rodder

The old tradition of Hot Rodder - they got not the money to build there dream, but they still went forward to do it, never losing the focus on the goal to get the car ready to run - using insperation and the team spirit.

In August at the Speedweek this year I done a interview with Ed for a German book author - Alex Lier -
she is interest to make a book about the spirit of speed or as the racer say - the needs for speed.

And Ed said exactly this with the spirit - if you still got not the money to do it, but with a bunch of enthusiast you can still reach the goal.
Pork Pie

Photoartist & Historian & 200 MPH Club Member (I/GL 202.8 mph in the orig. Bockscar #1000)

Offline PorkPie

• think fast.....always
« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2006, 09:58:32 AM »
And yes, as Jack wrote,

it's a big big complement to the team to go forward for this record.
Pork Pie

Offline JackD

• NOBODY'S FOOL
LANGUAGE SKILLS
« Reply #6 on: November 24, 2006, 10:07:20 AM »
My German language skills are no better than my Australian but Ya kinda
gotta know where they usually come from and that makes it easier.
LOL
Jack :wink:
"I would rather lose going fast enough to win than win going slow enough to lose."
"That horrible smell is dirty feet being held to the fire"

Offline Jondolar

• New folks
Thanks!
« Reply #7 on: November 24, 2006, 11:26:18 AM »
I appreciate your explanations and will pass it along to the rest of the team.  :)
Jondolar
NAE Webslave & C.I.O.

Offline joea

« Reply #8 on: November 24, 2006, 02:59:37 PM »
I went to the site, but NO recent updates regarding the testing
in Ca.............

....is it my computer
or are there no recent udates regarding the latest trek to Ca other
than visiting museums and PR shows..?

thanks in advance

Joe :)

Offline Jondolar

• New folks
« Reply #9 on: November 24, 2006, 03:22:22 PM »
Quote from: joea
I went to the site, but NO recent updates regarding the testing
in Ca.............

....is it my computer
or are there no recent udates regarding the latest trek to Ca other
than visiting museums and PR shows..?

thanks in advance

Joe :)

No, your computer's fine. Sorry to keep you, or anyone else, waiting on this information, but with our full-time careers, holiday with family, and the time it takes to put it all together, it's a bit stretched out right now. It should be on the site soon. Since I collaborate on the content with another team member on these more major events, it's taking a bit longer.
Jondolar
NAE Webslave & C.I.O.

Offline Jondolar

• New folks
View Video Footage of Test Run
« Reply #10 on: November 26, 2006, 03:16:15 PM »
Hi Folks,

Thought you'd appreciate a heads up about the fact that I've been able to post both a dail-up and broadband version of a video clip taken by one of the women on our team of our most recent test run at El Mirage recently.

To view it, go to our site and use the link on the front of the site at the top, then select your service accessability and enjoy. Keep in mind as you watch that the car being shot from was accelerating as fast as it would go up to just over 100mph while Ed's only put the throttle to 80% power as he starts the run.

I was stationed at the 2.2 mile point of the run and Ed had already gone into his deceleration when he passed me very quickly; roughly around 225mph. Now I'm beginning to look forward to when we finish getting our all metal wheels made and get to take her faster. Oh man!!!  :shock:
Jondolar
NAE Webslave & C.I.O.