Author Topic: Rekordjagd auf zwei Radern - until 6 October 2019  (Read 3610 times)

Offline Peter Jack

Re: Rekordjagd auf zwei Radern - until 6 October 2019
« Reply #15 on: August 20, 2019, 06:21:51 PM »
Believe it or not I still have a small box with all my Jetex stuff. The fuses were handy for setting off homemade black powder charges too, nothing very big.  :-D :-D :-D

Pete

Offline WOODY@DDLLC

• ECTA made it to AR-Kansas!
    • Design Dreams, LLC
« Reply #16 on: August 20, 2019, 06:55:25 PM »
We used M80's for detonating 'larger' ordnance.  :cheers:
Still amazed I have two hands with all ten fingers!  :-o
All models are wrong, but some are useful! G.E. Box (1967) www.designdreams.biz

Offline manta22

• What, me worry?
« Reply #17 on: August 20, 2019, 08:20:32 PM »
It is a little-known fact that you can launch an M80 about 100 yards with a Whammo slingshot.   :-P

and... when I was a kid in WV it was illegal to buy firecrackers- but it was legal for me (a kid) to walk into a hardware store and buy a stick of dynamite for 15 cents. Shot up lots of .22 ammo, too.

A stick of dynamite will detonate if struck by a .22 long rifle- no doubt about whether we hit the target or not. Mothers today would cringe at the stuff we did back then.

I still have all ten fingers, too.

Regards, Neil  Tucson, AZ
Regards, Neil  Tucson, AZ

Offline PorkPie

• think fast.....always
« Reply #18 on: August 27, 2019, 12:02:12 PM »
Richard,

after this thread was hijacked enough by toy nato rockets....

I have to hijack himself this thread.

I have sent you a couple days ago a PM via Landracing.com....and also a normal email to your email address I used for years.

Please go in contact with me via the email address I wrote in the PM.

If you haven't got my PM or my normal email....please let me know here at Landracing.

Thanks in advance.....reason is the 50th anniversary Blue Flame record.....

By an unknown reason the global internet didn't work anymore as it had....some provider are in a fight and blocking each other....so as my email is blocked by Doug's provider....so it wouldn't surprise me if this now also with your email address/provider.

Thanks for taking care

Pork Pie

Thank you for the thoughtful article on this museum. I was fascinated by the NSU speed record attempts and beautiful streamlined vehicles they produced in the 1950s(?). I believe they were the first to use the Wankel rotary engine technology (supercharger?) as well. Your suggestion for a museum tour circuit is very interesting. Next year is the 50th anniversary of The Blue Flame (first over 1,000 km/h) land speed record and I was thinking about visiting Sinsheim again. Now I can expand my vacation tour. Since the United States' Smithsonian Museum is ignoring The Blue Flame in their so-called "A Nation of Speed" opening in November next year, I'll go to see the last American absolute world land speed record holder - and the other historic vehicles that inspired me in person. Gee, would the OPEL RAK2 be there?
« Last Edit: August 27, 2019, 12:17:26 PM by PorkPie »
Pork Pie

Photoartist & Historian & 200 MPH Club Member (I/GL 202.8 mph in the orig. Bockscar #1000)

Offline MAYOMAN

« Reply #19 on: August 27, 2019, 12:32:55 PM »
Tom, I received your PM on 08/19/2019. I responded using your private email address (@t-online,de) on 08/21/2019. I will copy on the landracing.com/forum now.
The road is long - Life is short - Drive fast

Offline PorkPie

• think fast.....always
« Reply #20 on: August 27, 2019, 12:53:10 PM »
when the global net don't like to work...but Landracing works....

Richard, I wrote you a PM as reply....got your two PM's

...and as I wrote....please try again my normal email address....both I have sent you a minute ago...thanks

Tom

Tom, I received your PM on 08/19/2019. I responded using your private email address (@t-online,de) on 08/21/2019. I will copy on the landracing.com/forum now.
Pork Pie

Photoartist & Historian & 200 MPH Club Member (I/GL 202.8 mph in the orig. Bockscar #1000)