Author Topic: Smartcarb  (Read 10835 times)

Offline jacksoni

Re: Smartcarb
« Reply #15 on: October 11, 2019, 01:07:04 PM »
I think the attachment limit is 500k or something. If your files/photos etc are larger try reducing size. If multiple might have to put up in more than one post.

Do you have many fitted on snowmobiles/multi cylinder applications?
« Last Edit: October 11, 2019, 02:59:39 PM by jacksoni »
Jack Iliff
 G/BGS-250.235 1987
 G/GC- 193.550 2021
  G/FAlt- 193.934 2021 (196.033 best)
 G/GMS-182.144 2019

Offline Mystifier

• New folks
  • Speed costs money, how fast you wanna go?
    • Technology Elevated, LLC.
« Reply #16 on: October 11, 2019, 07:08:04 PM »
according to the ad: +10-14% more HP

Mystifier,  do you have any testing data that you could share ?

I am confident that there are others here that are interested in your carbs as I am.
If they really works as claimed,  it could be a huge benefit for lsr bikes spending a lot of their time re-jetting.

The additional performance comes from the near vaporization of the fuel while also maintaining ideal air fuel ratios relative to demand. The former is accomplished via the patented metering rod and venturi shape, while the latter is performed by the float bowl pressurization circuit. In the first dyno chart, a 300cc 2t GasGas enduro bike, the SC makes substantially more power while maintaining a much leaner A/F ratio, shown in the line at the bottom. 

The second chart shows a good comparison of the SC's ability to carry more power over the top and past peak than a couple of our competitors. In this case Keihin and Lectron. Noteworthy is that the A/F  line is several percentage leaner than the comparison carbs, yet making better power. This is the hallmark of the SC's atomization capabilities and result in a more efficient burn using less fuel. Exhaust/CHT temps, plug readings and piston wash are spot on in terms of durability and combustion efficiency. 
« Last Edit: October 11, 2019, 07:29:12 PM by Mystifier »

Offline Mystifier

• New folks
  • Speed costs money, how fast you wanna go?
    • Technology Elevated, LLC.
« Reply #17 on: October 11, 2019, 07:11:24 PM »
I think the attachment limit is 500k or something. If your files/photos etc are larger try reducing size. If multiple might have to put up in more than one post.

Do you have many fitted on snowmobiles/multi cylinder applications?

We do, most of our early testing at elevation was done on snowmobiles.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2019, 07:30:02 PM by Mystifier »

Offline wobblywalrus

« Reply #18 on: October 11, 2019, 11:01:32 PM »
The carb jetting on the race bike is fine tuned on a dyno to get the best mixture to produce power.  Mostly it is done by changing jet sizes and needle heights.  Can smart carbs be adjusted in the same manner?