Author Topic: timing slip  (Read 3829 times)

Offline bob

• Sierraville, CA
timing slip
« on: June 18, 2019, 10:33:38 AM »
question about rookie run -- first run exceeds the record in my class, which is under 150 mph , which will qualify . I pick up timing slip , and would go to impound within an hour . question is ,does that timing slip need to be signed by the starter who saw me off. ?  I think this has to do with upgrading licensing levels. this is for a vehicle under 125 mph , which requires a class E license, ( current and valid state drivers license ) so I already have the correct license , and am not upgrading. so do I or not, have to have the timing slip signed  .     thanks 

Offline salt27

Re: timing slip
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2019, 11:01:03 AM »
I do not believe you need it signed.

Don

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Nancy and me and the pit bike
  • Administrator
  • Nancy -- 201.913 mph record on a production ZX15!
    • Nancy and Jon's personal website.
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2019, 11:18:57 AM »
I don't know if you need to have it signed, but I would consider asking the starter if he thinks it should be signed - and also find out whether, if it does need his/her sig, if you can proceed to impound now and get the signature later when time is not of the essence.
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

Offline DallasV

« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2019, 11:57:33 AM »
The signature on the timing slip is so you can go to the trailer and get the licence. Under 125 is the E license and is just a drivers licence. as long as you are running under 125 you need do nothing. If you by chance run over 125 (keep it under 150) then take that over 125 slip to the starter have him sign it. Then go to the trailer and get your SCTA Class D competition license. But as long as you are running under 125 you don't have to do anything.
Records or parts, I didn't come all this way not to break something.

Offline bob

• Sierraville, CA
« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2019, 12:41:01 PM »
thanks all , kind of what I figured. trying to eliminate any last minute oops I didn't know

Offline jimmy six

« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2019, 01:38:26 PM »
This is under the El Mirage section.
If you heard on the radio that you have exceeded a record, proceed to impounds and do not linger congratulating yourself with all your buddies, wives, girlfriends, etc. Make sure someone logs you in on time (that's just in case there is a problem especially if there are 20 vehicles a head of you).
Send someone over to the starting line and get your timing slip and bring it back to impounds and start the process. Have your entry and log book VERY handy. Start the process. Then party after you moved your vehicle out of the way. easy-peazy nice and easy.
The one hour starts from the time slip
First GMC 6 powered Fuel roadster over 200, with 2 red hats. Pit crew for Patrick Tone's Super Stock #49 Camaro

Offline dw230

« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2019, 02:08:48 PM »
JD,

The time allowed to return to Impound is 1/2 hr at El Mirage. The OP is good up to 150 MPH starter's signature.

DW
White Goose Bar - Where LSR is a lifestyle
Alcohol - because no good story starts with a salad.

Don't be Karen, be Beth

Offline bob

• Sierraville, CA
« Reply #7 on: June 18, 2019, 02:21:47 PM »
yes thanks, that was sort of the issue, one hour to get it all done , from the rookie course to  impound, long ways .   man, theres a lot of little details to remember.

Offline jimmy six

« Reply #8 on: June 19, 2019, 07:57:23 PM »
Opps.. Sorry Dan you are right...Comparing this to B-Ville ..causes CRS. Al I know is I get out of the car. firesuit, and hook it up to the truck and start moving...
First GMC 6 powered Fuel roadster over 200, with 2 red hats. Pit crew for Patrick Tone's Super Stock #49 Camaro

Offline ronnieroadster

« Reply #9 on: June 19, 2019, 08:46:27 PM »
yes thanks, that was sort of the issue, one hour to get it all done , from the rookie course to  impound, long ways .   man, theres a lot of little details to remember.

Don't worry there's time to do it I know first hand  I did exactly that in 2016. In my case the record was 139 my rookie pass was 142.  When you arrive at Impound you also need your inspection sheet along with the time slip.   Your backup run will take place the following morning at the rookie course.
 For me my backup run was now not speed restricted on the rookie coarse turned 178 in two miles.  After your backup run you then go to where inspection takes place for the record to be certified after passing the tech inspection . Then you can go to the three mile course when i did that I turned 191 fun times for sure and good memory's. Have fun   :cheers:
« Last Edit: June 19, 2019, 11:10:33 PM by ronnieroadster »
Working in the shop I use the 'F' word a lot. No not that word these words Focus and Finish go Fast and Flathead Ford!
 ECTA  XF/BGRMR Record 179.8561
 LTA    XF/BGRMR  Record 200.921 First  Ever Ford Flathead Roadster to hit 200 MPH burning gasoline July 2018
 SCTA  XF/BGRMR Record 205.744  First gas burning Ford flathead powered roadster to top 200 MPH at Bonneville August 7, 2021 top speed 219.717
 SCTA  XXF/BGRMR Record 216.131 plus a Red Hat
"Life Member of the Bonneville 200 MPH Club"

Offline Sumner

• Global Moderator
  • Blanding, Ut..a small dot in the middle of nowhere
    • http://purplesagetradingpost.com/sumner/sumnerindex.html
« Reply #10 on: June 22, 2019, 02:52:57 PM »
.. For me my backup run was now not speed restricted on the rookie coarse turned 178 in two miles.  ...

First of all congrats on the records.  Not to nitpick and I might be wrong but technically you were restricted on your backup run to 175 as for your next license you were suppose to run between 150 and 175.  I'm sure you were close enough that they didn't make an issue of it but sometimes they don't like you going over the speed you are suppose to be running to license.

Again congrats on what you have accomplished with the car,

Sumner

Offline ronnieroadster

« Reply #11 on: June 22, 2019, 07:20:27 PM »
.. For me my backup run was now not speed restricted on the rookie coarse turned 178 in two miles.  ...

First of all congrats on the records.  Not to nitpick and I might be wrong but technically you were restricted on your backup run to 175 as for your next license you were suppose to run between 150 and 175.  I'm sure you were close enough that they didn't make an issue of it but sometimes they don't like you going over the speed you are suppose to be running to license.

Again congrats on what you have accomplished with the car,

Sumner

Sumner thats true. However during the rookie orientation anyone who has a License from another timing association were allowed to run at that License once you pass your rookie run.   We were asked to show the License after the coarse drive was completed and prior  to our first pass.  Since I had a B license from the ECTA it was recognized once my first rookie pass was completed successfully.
  I might add on my first three mile qualifier at the 2-1/4 my speed was well over 175 so I was now long coarse qualified we learned a lot that first weekend.
 Ronnieroadster
Working in the shop I use the 'F' word a lot. No not that word these words Focus and Finish go Fast and Flathead Ford!
 ECTA  XF/BGRMR Record 179.8561
 LTA    XF/BGRMR  Record 200.921 First  Ever Ford Flathead Roadster to hit 200 MPH burning gasoline July 2018
 SCTA  XF/BGRMR Record 205.744  First gas burning Ford flathead powered roadster to top 200 MPH at Bonneville August 7, 2021 top speed 219.717
 SCTA  XXF/BGRMR Record 216.131 plus a Red Hat
"Life Member of the Bonneville 200 MPH Club"