Author Topic: camping  (Read 1959 times)

Offline drc42

camping
« on: June 08, 2019, 08:43:51 AM »
As I understand it there is no overnight camping allowed in the pit area but there is an area not far where you can camp for free.

How close is that free area?

Are there any facilities?  At least a porta potty there?

How good is the cell service in the area (both at the camp area and the salt flat pit area)?

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Nancy and me and the pit bike
  • Administrator
  • Nancy -- 201.913 mph record on a production ZX15!
    • Nancy and Jon's personal website.
Re: camping
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2019, 09:34:32 AM »
I don't know all of the particulars about BMST other than there's always unlimited free camping at the Bend in the Road - about 3 1/2 miles from Land's End (end of the pavement).  There are absolutely no services out there, but there's a truck stop with showers and food, etc, about one mile away from the bend.  Town is another 5 miles or so.

Perhaps someone will give better information on porta potties, but I know that at SCTA events we install about 6-10 at the bend in the road.

Cell service isn't an issue for me.  I use Verizon and not only talk and text and surf, but also use the cellphone link to live stream the proceedings from SpeedWeek.
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

Offline sockjohn

« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2019, 03:37:17 PM »
There is also a KOA in Wendover but don't remember how much it cost.  It is mainly RV hook ups but there are tent sites as well.

It had laundry facilities and a pool.

Offline drc42

« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2019, 08:47:31 PM »
Thanks for the info guys.  Not a fan of KOA type campgrounds but the bend sounds like it is just what I am looking for.  Was trying to decide on if I am going to install a canister toilet in my trailer (enclosed trailer I am in the progress of converting into a "redneck camper").  Sounds like it would be worth it.