Author Topic: Salt looks like it is drying - You going?  (Read 28484 times)

Offline Stan Back

Re: Salt looks like it is drying - You going?
« Reply #45 on: June 19, 2019, 11:15:13 AM »
It's really useless to worry about it now.  Get interested late in July.
Past (Only) Member of the San Berdoo Roadsters -- "California's Most-Exclusive Roadster Club" -- 19 Years of Bonneville and/or El Mirage Street Roadster Records

Offline Stainless1

• Administrator
  • Robert W. P. "Stainless" Steele
« Reply #46 on: June 19, 2019, 07:57:46 PM »
Actually it is useless to worry about it at all... the weather will be what it is and so will the salt. 
Of course we all want it to be dry and smooth... maybe it will be... let you know in August  :cheers:
Stainless
Red Hat 228.039, 2001, 65ci, Bockscar Lakester #1000 with a little N2O

Offline kiwi belly tank

« Reply #47 on: June 20, 2019, 11:02:42 AM »
Yep! Worrying doesn't achieve anything. You've probably heard the line "no worries Mate!".
  Sid.

Offline desotoman

« Reply #48 on: June 20, 2019, 12:51:46 PM »
It's really useless to worry about it now.  Get interested late in July.
Actually it is useless to worry about it at all... the weather will be what it is and so will the salt. 
Of course we all want it to be dry and smooth... maybe it will be... let you know in August  :cheers:
Yep! Worrying doesn't achieve anything. You've probably heard the line "no worries Mate!".
  Sid.

All very true, especially when dealing with Mother Nature.  :cheers:

Tom G.
I love the USA. How much longer will we be a free nation?

Asking questions is one's only way of getting answers.

The rational person lets verified facts form or modify his opinion.  The ideologue ignores verified facts which don't fit his preconceived opinions.

Offline distributorguy

• Advanced Distributors
« Reply #49 on: June 26, 2019, 09:59:33 AM »
While it doesn't help improve the course, I watch the 24-hour time lapse video of the salt every day.  Today is the first time it hasn't been a lake.  I'm guessing that Intrepid started pumping?  Its not dry, but its improving. 

http://meso1.chpc.utah.edu/station_cameras/bflat_cam/
Insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results. 
Racing is the evil modification of insanity.

Offline neandethal

« Reply #50 on: June 26, 2019, 01:04:23 PM »
Just to be awkward, i'm worrying loads, as i have to crate my bike up here in the UK and commit to $4000 of shipping/customs/freight/certification costs in the next few days, so would love to hear some more positive views on salt drying out, weather forecast for next 10 days seems low 30's and no rain, so that should help.

Offline kiwi belly tank

« Reply #51 on: June 26, 2019, 05:04:01 PM »
There is no crystal ball Mate, it's just too early to predict.
If the level has gone down, that means the mining company finally pulled the plug.
The weather conditions we're having are cooler that normal with more rain that normal & windier than normal. I am about 100 miles downrange from Bonneville & receive basically the same weather conditions.
  Sid.

Offline SteveM

« Reply #52 on: June 27, 2019, 10:14:34 AM »
Bottom line = we can't beat Mother Nature. We should offer her praise and tribute for her knowledge and power.  It's out of our hands.

It's all up to her, so we are best served by doing the remaining prep work and heading for Wendover at the allotted time.

See you all in Wendover!

Steve.
1/2 of the Rampage Brothers

Offline kiwi belly tank

« Reply #53 on: June 27, 2019, 10:58:18 AM »
There's a local Potash Gang that run the hood & they're paying off the BLM Cartel. The dictators don't care because the trail of money coming from the Cartel is too good. Mother Nature is doing the best she can but can't keep up any more & is slowly losing another child to history. :cry:
  Sid.

Offline Bob Drury

« Reply #54 on: June 27, 2019, 01:24:28 PM »
  Neander, Keep in mind that there is a large gated, secure, indoor/outdoor storage facility located in West Wendover which I have stored My Race Car and Trailer at in the past.  John and Rose (?) are great people and will help You if needed.
  Perhaps You could look into a open date return on shipping as there hopefully will be at least three following meets.
                                                                "One Run" Bob, out................................................
Bob Drury

Offline typo41

• Huntimer Photography
« Reply #55 on: July 02, 2019, 05:07:43 PM »
Looks real dry now,,,, and it's July,,, time start the set-up. The calendar is at the printer!
Tony Huntimer
Huntimer Photography

Offline saltracer1

« Reply #56 on: July 06, 2019, 01:08:59 PM »
When does an exploratory committee from the SCTA head out to the salt? Well, and when does dragging the salt usually begin?

Offline distributorguy

• Advanced Distributors
« Reply #57 on: July 16, 2019, 04:34:04 PM »
3 weeks until go time and pure silence.  Its deafening.  Rumor has it that the courses haven't been laid out yet???
Insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results. 
Racing is the evil modification of insanity.

Offline Dynoroom

• Global Moderator
« Reply #58 on: July 16, 2019, 06:18:54 PM »
You guys worry too much. the salt was under water just about 2 weeks ago... Hard to lay out a course.
The SCTA will be on the salt THIS weekend prepping for the event.  :cheers:
Michael LeFevers
Kugel and LeFevers Pontiac Firebird

Without Data You're Just Another Guy With An Opinion!

Racing is just a series of "Problem Solving" events that allow you to spend money & make noise...

Offline saz

• New folks
« Reply #59 on: July 16, 2019, 10:12:13 PM »
Team MG "EH" - Dam we are excited , now just need to finish up the car and the 1500 mile drive and we are there