Author Topic: So, What's everyone bringing out this year?  (Read 20081 times)

Offline Mike Borders

So, What's everyone bringing out this year?
« on: May 14, 2019, 06:39:49 PM »
The board is kind of dead, so I thought I'd try to stimulate some chatter by asking folks to talk about what they are coming out to play with.  Have you made upgrades to your machines, going for new records, bringing something new?  Share!

We are bringing our /BRMR to run in "G" Gas & Fuel, to try to improve on our records from 2017.  We're getting 435 HP from our blown Hayabusa this year.  We might also try to go for raising Rodger Cook's old G/FRMR record (this car used to belong to him, and sadly he passed away in 2016) at one of the later events (WoS or WF).

We are also bringing out the old "Team Fat Azz" Lakester that used to belong to Karl Gunter.  This is a really nice stretched-belly-tank design Lakester that is front-wheel driven so it should be a blast to run!  It doesn't need a push to get going, and is easy to drive.  It will run in B/GL, and has no chance of beating the record, but we are using it as a "test mule" to see what the chassis and body design are capable of, to perhaps run in a smaller engine class in the future.  It now has 452 WHP and we are looking to run in the 230 mph range. 

OK, your turn!!

Mike B
« Last Edit: May 15, 2019, 12:09:57 PM by Mike Borders »

Offline ronnieroadster

Re: So, What's everyone bringing out this year?
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2019, 07:20:38 PM »
  OK I will join in. Were returning again this year with our XFBGRMR My son and I are now refreshing up the Ford flathead engine which we ran last year. Our hopes are to of course add a bit more to the record.  Last year we learned a bit more about which way to not go with the cam. Still need to go over everything else on the car but theres still time left. Plans are to test in July up north in Maine to see if the improvements help before we head west to the great salt dyno.
 Ronnieroadster
Working in the shop I use the 'F' word a lot. No not that word these words Focus and Finish go Fast and Flathead Ford!
 ECTA  XF/BGRMR Record 179.8561
 LTA    XF/BGRMR  Record 200.921 First  Ever Ford Flathead Roadster to hit 200 MPH burning gasoline July 2018
 SCTA  XF/BGRMR Record 205.744  First gas burning Ford flathead powered roadster to top 200 MPH at Bonneville August 7, 2021 top speed 219.717
 SCTA  XXF/BGRMR Record 216.131 plus a Red Hat
"Life Member of the Bonneville 200 MPH Club"

Offline deepindebt

« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2019, 10:15:53 AM »
Well lets see,made a tranny change for better gearing at shifts,new rear coilovers,changed out bad head gasket and fixed some oil leaks,a little dyno time was spent this off season also.Out of the box we will make a couple easy runs to shake things down and if all is good we will drop the hammer(its a small one).We hope to get in the 220s and that would be huge for us.Then my Pop wants to  put my son in the car for some license passes!!
327,B/GR

Offline 7707

« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2019, 12:47:08 AM »
Loads currently happening at the 7707 raceshop. Lots of chassis updates, motor updates etc etc. New chassis paint, polished bits and pieces. It’s gonna look pretty and it will certainly make some noise. Fingers crossed it goes as fast as it looks...lol. Would love to post pictures but the files are way to big to load on here. ☹️  All in HD.
Current class record holder (A/BFRMR) at 258.679mph and i?m Just trying to go fast!

Look for our Facebook page ...  Geoff Stilwell

Offline Dodge Brother

• TS Coachworks
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2019, 01:03:39 AM »
Nothin' Special, just been thrashing to get this LS powered MMP built since last October. I plan to have it running in June, it should make it. Then take care of the details from there. Just like Charlie Bucket, we;ll just be happy to be there! :-D

Offline distributorguy

• Advanced Distributors
« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2019, 08:04:23 AM »
We'll be back in the Datsun pickup again.  Added dry sump oiling, distributorless ignition, EFI to replace the Weber carbs.  We're hoping to be a little more competitive this year???  Its fun either way. 
Insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results. 
Racing is the evil modification of insanity.

Offline mtiberio

• ElMo MPG1K 141, LTA MPF1K 137, ECTA MPG1K 118
« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2019, 09:54:47 AM »
bigger carbs with sexy v-stacks
improved aero
have a hotter cam, too lazy to install right now, maybe during summer hiatus

Offline typo41

• Huntimer Photography
« Reply #7 on: May 17, 2019, 01:19:54 PM »
We are putting in a 302 GMC and switching back to XO Street Roadster
Just took a look at the salt camera and the salt looks not wet,, no standing water, but snow in the mountains.
Mayor of Wendover said that salt should be as good and maybe better than lasts years salt.
And for my 18 Calendar Customers,,,, news forthcoming

Tony Huntimer
Huntimer Photography

Offline Stan Back

« Reply #8 on: May 17, 2019, 05:34:29 PM »
"switching back to XO Street Roadster"

You musta meant "switching up to Street Roadster"
Past (Only) Member of the San Berdoo Roadsters -- "California's Most-Exclusive Roadster Club" -- 19 Years of Bonneville and/or El Mirage Street Roadster Records

Offline Sporty Dan

« Reply #9 on: May 17, 2019, 08:59:49 PM »
This will be my rookie year as a racer and I will be bringing a M-PBG Sportster in the 1650 class.

Offline saltracer1

« Reply #10 on: May 18, 2019, 08:48:13 AM »
we are bringing Scrap Iron II back with new motor and on E85. Running on our own record for XF/BFALT with turbocharged flathead Ford power.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2019, 12:33:49 PM by saltracer1 »

Offline n49racer

• Faster Faster
« Reply #11 on: May 18, 2019, 02:26:22 PM »
We'll be back with the lakester  :evil:(RMR). the fire damage is repaired, the car was dyno'd last week and we are feeling good. Just need to replace the damaged panels and we are ready to go. There, now i've jinxed it  :?
Hey Peter, do you ever get out east? stop by for a coffee.

ted
B/STR  209.97 best
B/RMR  248.45 Record Holder 2012
B/FRMR  248.85 Record Holder 2012
2 club member 2012

Offline Peter Jack

« Reply #12 on: May 18, 2019, 03:40:47 PM »
I'll make a point of doing that a little later on Ted. I haven't been out that way for a while.

Thanks for the invitation.

Pete

Offline jimwebb

• Nuts Racing Home
« Reply #13 on: May 24, 2019, 03:41:46 PM »
We will be returning with the Big Red Truck. This will be the 20th year for the truck and most likely the swan song. AA/PP FTW! I hope we don't need to do the pontoon refit.
The Big Red Truck From Texas
Chock Full O' Nuts
Record Holder AA/PP A/PP B/PP C/PP D/PP (Oops, Larry got this one!) E/PP

Offline Jodar

• New folks
So, What's everyone bringing out this year?
« Reply #14 on: May 27, 2019, 08:56:13 PM »
Will be bringing the #639 Xerox Ducati 1350 P-P to be ridden by a celebrity pro jockey named Jon or something like that. :wink: